Live broadcasts of upcoming theater shows

GNFR2003

I hope, like GNR did with their first, infamous show at the Ritz back in the day, they don't use the soundboard for the audio like they have the past two live broadcasts. The full range of Axl's voice, and the sound of the band is not quite as full, nor can you feel the energy of the audience like you can if you can somehow capture a high quality recording which is post-soundboard, and coming from the speakers as the audience is hearing it. I have found these clips from a recent Camden show, which are great quality, and capture what the band sounds like live, when one is in concert at a show, much better than the soundboard audio does. Maybe they can somehow capture this, as the energy, sound, audience participation, and Axl's vocals seem much stronger this way. I actually think he has mastered the tone to use, with the system they are using, to deliver the best vocals for the audience. The problem is, that sometimes the delivery is not the best when isolated via the soundboard. Here are the examples from the Camden show, which I think prove that a great recording post-soundboard can be used to deliver a superior live stream to the fans and the world (I have to split them into separate posts because of the media file limit for each post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Jmm8B0oA

Enjoy!! rock1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajLCBfm66QQ

Edited by GNFR2003

thanks for the post, i wish they would have a high def ppv event with better quality than the i-clips event

Yes, and use a different audio source than just a soundboard--or maybe some sort of mixture, where we get a real good feel of what the audience is hearing. One of the things that made that first Ritz show so great, was that the recording incorporated the energy of the crowd into it--it wasn't just a pristine soundboard audio. Axl has mastered his voice, and the pitch he needs to use to project great sound out of the system they are using through the speakers--I just wish they could capture that over just the soundboard feed which is very limited in the range of sounds the audience is getting, as opposed to the audio coming through the earpieces of the band. Here are a few other clips--i would just love to see GNR capture some of the crowd energy and the sound if they do broadcast some of this awesome theater shows coming up:

And some more from that show--these are great sounding recordings from the audience, and I'm sure there is a professional way to get an even better recording which is not just a soundboard recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ugJRvTArk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF3Y71zqxE

I hope, like GNR did with their first, infamous show at the Ritz back in the day, they don't use the soundboard for the audio like they have the past two live broadcasts. The full range of Axl's voice, and the sound of the band is not quite as full, nor can you feel the energy of the audience like you can if you can somehow capture a high quality recording which is post-soundboard, and coming from the speakers as the audience is hearing it. I have found these clips from a recent Camden show, which are great quality, and capture what the band sounds like live, when one is in concert at a show, much better than the soundboard audio does. Maybe they can somehow capture this, as the energy, sound, audience participation, and Axl's vocals seem much stronger this way. I actually think he has mastered the tone to use, with the system they are using, to deliver the best vocals for the audience. The problem is, that sometimes the delivery is not the best when isolated via the soundboard. Here are the examples from the Camden show, which I think prove that a great recording post-soundboard can be used to deliver a superior live stream to the fans and the world (I have to split them into separate posts because of the media file limit for each post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Jmm8B0oA

Fuckin' Mickey Mouse ruined one of the best performances of Don't Cry in 2011.

This is priceless:

Hell no. The soundboard source can finally show the excellent instrumental pieces that the band worked hard to achieve. IMO, when mixed properly, it could be a hell of a recording - like in any live DVD out there. All it needs is a good mix and maybe a post-production work. On a broadcast, if they would mix with audience too much it could lead to a mess no better than the average bootleg.

IMO, they just should hire a better service than iClips, with proper gear for a good soundboard mix (like, one that don't hide Richard Fortus and Bumblefoot rhythm guitars) and HD video combined with a good server (why not just use YouTube?).

Granted the iclips live stream was flawed,in that the sound wasn't what the audience heard,and probs with the second show overloaded the server,causing some to have sketchy service.

Intentions were good,and hopefully glitches can be worked out before the next stream.