Beyond Magnetic

volcano62

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest though guys. Beyond Magnetic is damage control, nothing more. It was intended to give fans and media something Metallica related to talk about other than how terrible Lulu was.

Oh man.... not this guy again! :(

I bet we'll be seeing this in the next couple years

Albums and EP's:

Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy Sessions EP

The Legend of the Red Panda

dvd:

An Evening Up Close and Personal (Acoustic)

Live At The Ritz II

Singles:

The General

Down By The Ocean (feat. Izzy Stradlin)

Shackler's Victory

:heart:

I'll take that bet.

Also, Down By The Ocean is probably the same song as Box that was on Izzy's Fire album

Nobody is saying Metallica isn't generous to their fans, but giving fans something new to focus on to help forget about Lulu definitely seems to be the motivation behind the Beyond Magnetic release.

Yeah. And whenever they can charge for something, they become even more generous.

Beyond Magnetic is a nasty half-baked piece of shit. I'd rather listen to Lulu. If anything, they should've released Hide the Lightning, And Justice for Lady Justice or OverLoad.

Nobody is saying Metallica isn't generous to their fans, but giving fans something new to focus on to help forget about Lulu definitely seems to be the motivation behind the Beyond Magnetic release.

Yeah. And whenever they can charge for something, they become even more generous.

Beyond Magnetic is a nasty half-baked piece of shit. I'd rather listen to Lulu. If anything, they should've released Hide the Lightning, And Justice for Lady Justice or OverLoad.

Metallica is a awesome band i love them and gnr should do what Metallica did release the leftover from the cd era

Edited by thomase

Metallica is a awesome band i love them and gnr should do what Metallica did release the leftover from the cd era

It was. But the more I think about it, the more I question myself whether it really was.

Here is some news for you, Lulu is not a Metallica album.

Lulu is a musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica.

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/

Please show me where I said Lulu was a Metallica album. Thanks!

Let's be honest though guys. Beyond Magnetic is damage control, nothing more. It was intended to give fans and media something Metallica related to talk about other than how terrible Lulu was.

I believe this is your way of saying that Lulu is a Metallica album.

Hahahahha, so you're saying Lulu wasn't Metallica related? And it being so poorly received has no effect on Metallica?

Did i say that the album wasn't Metallica related? No. And why would it effect Metallica? Just look at their back catalogue from the past 30 years. That's how the people remember them. The first person who say that Metallica sucks because of Lulu doesn't know shit about the bands background.

Why do some u fuckers give MSL shit cause he once had the power people are jealous as a result! Move on people MSL I always thought u spoke sense n GnR should do something similar to Metallica its wank that we have to wait years for albums fuck sake I'm hoping for 2 more before I'm 50 I'm 30 next year! Much love people

Why do some u fuckers give MSL shit cause he once had the power people are jealous as a result! Move on people MSL I always thought u spoke sense n GnR should do something similar to Metallica its wank that we have to wait years for albums fuck sake I'm hoping for 2 more before I'm 50 I'm 30 next year! Much love people

Actually no. People give MSL shit because he's a fat basement dwelling attention whore.

The best thing to do is ignore him and hope he goes away.

He doesn't have ANY power. Never had. But he does get a tiny little boner from pretending he has.

It's people like MSL that get GnR fans' hopes up time and again just to feed their personal desire for attention. And every time people end up pissed off and disappointed. It's bullshit like that that hurt this band more than anything else.

Edited by username

Lulu was a fucken joke. It's more evidence that Lars has been responsible for the sinking ship that is Metallica. St Anger was fucken terrible and a heavy metal band doing a covers album? Give me a break, not to mention the pretentious joke that was S&M. Death Magnetic was good enough to restore SOME of their credibility, but felt forced and was only done after many years of Metallica being vilified for ditching their thrash metal roots. To say Lulu is not a Metallica album is like saying It's So Easy is not a Guns N' Roses song because it was written in collaboration with West Arkeen.

What's the big deal.? They prolly wanted to work with lou reed ( one of their Heros ).

So what if it's not the best album ever. I'm sure some people like it.

Most people don't like CD, so , to each his own.

Oh and , GNR put out a cove record to....

So what?!

Don't like it, don't listen, right?

I clearly said "a heavy metal band doing a covers record", Guns N' Roses were never heavy metal, not exclusively. Don't like it, don't listen, that is correct. I just stated my opinion champ. I did not say "anyone who likes the Lulu record is a _____". Most people outside the forums don't like Chidem and that's totally cool as long as they provide a constructive explanation as to why they don't like it. Simply saying that it doesn't feature Slash is not a good explanation. But if someone said the songs weren't catchy or lacked flow or were not coherent, that's fine.

I'm not upset at all buddy.

It's cool. I just don't get all the hate, that's all

And I wasn't directing that comment toward you anyways, cept

The cover record part, so, have a good one fellow gunner!

;) I think alot of the hate toward that record was that people were expecting a traditional heavy/thrash metal Metallica album ala Death Magnetic but instead got something very very different.

I appreciate them trying something different but it did fall on its ass. I have no doubt Reed is a brilliant musician as are metallica at what they respectively do but that was just a train wreck, but a band like that can afford to take those risks. Beyond Magnetic is a decent EP and it was really cool how they celebrated that anniversary.

I don't like Slash's stuff outside Guns N' Roses and think his talent for making innovative music was in Axl bringing it out through his emotions in the work, but I can see he isn't a failure and is doing something right, it's not exactly offensive compared to what sells these days. Just like LULU it was a bit of a trainwreck but i'd rather that than some little scenecore band taking all the glory.