Beyond Magnetic

volcano62

LuLu is the biggest piece of shit i've ever heard. Saul Hudson's album is a masterpiece compared to it.

Why do you call him Saul Hudson (I know that this is his name, but he himself and the rest of this world calls him Slash)?

Slash = Cool innovative guitar player for GNR 1986-1994

Saul Hudson = Washed up stubborn guitar player with so many fails

This is just my opinion....don't sue me

You talk about Slash's fails but what about Axl's? Can you talk about those or are you to stubborn to see how many fails he made in the past 12 years?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LuLu is the biggest piece of shit i've ever heard. Saul Hudson's album is a masterpiece compared to it.

Why do you call him Saul Hudson (I know that this is his name, but he himself and the rest of this world calls him Slash)?

Axl's failed way harder than Slash. If you don't like the music, fine but if Axl came out tomorrow and said "Slash is very cool and he's my friend!", you'd be changing your tune. You only hate Slash because Axl does.

Axl's failed way harder than Slash.

:rolleyes: Umm, no. That's your opinion. Not everyone shares it.

Ali

Ali

+1

You only hate Slash because Axl does.

Possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard....dude I lost respect for Hudson waaayy before Axl did

Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Without him, there would be no Guns N' Roses. No one can deny this. But let's face it. Slash has compromised his credibility in order to stay relevant like no one who has ever been in GnR has. And don't come saying he did it because he wanted to.There's no denial. The reason he's still in the media spotlight is mostly because of the songs he recorded with pop artists, the performances he should have never been part of, and partially because of Velvet Revolver. If he hadn't given up some of his principles, there'd be a lot less spotlight for him. I still have a lot of respect for the man, but he's not the same guy he was back in GnR.

Ali

+1

Possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard....dude I lost respect for Hudson waaayy before Axl did

Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Without him, there would be no Guns N' Roses. No one can deny this. But let's face it. Slash has compromised his credibility in order to stay relevant like no one who has ever been in GnR has. And don't come saying he did it because he wanted to.There's no denial. The reason he's still in the media spotlight is mostly because of the songs he recorded with pop artists, the performances he should have never been part of, and partially because of Velvet Revolver. If he hadn't given up some of his principles, there'd be a lot less spotlight for him. I still have a lot of respect for the man, but he's not the same guy he was back in GnR.

What do you mean by "compromise credibility"? I mean I get what you are going for but when you have Ozzy, Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell, and Dave Grohl all lend a hand on your record, play shows to tons of fans, still plays great, etc. I can get past the whole "playing with pop artists" thing and still have massive amounts of respect for him in the present. In my mind he has credibility as a musician who plays with other people. Yeah I am not a fan of the whole Superbowl thing, but I can get past that cause the dude still rocks and I was impressed when I saw him last year

Ali

+1

Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Without him, there would be no Guns N' Roses. No one can deny this. But let's face it. Slash has compromised his credibility in order to stay relevant like no one who has ever been in GnR has. And don't come saying he did it because he wanted to.There's no denial. The reason he's still in the media spotlight is mostly because of the songs he recorded with pop artists, the performances he should have never been part of, and partially because of Velvet Revolver. If he hadn't given up some of his principles, there'd be a lot less spotlight for him.I still have a lot of respect for the man, but he's not the same guy he was back in GnR.

What do you mean by "compromise credibility"? I mean I get what you are going for but when you have Ozzy, Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell, and Dave Grohl all lend a hand on your record, play shows to tons of fans, still plays great, etc. I can get past the whole "playing with pop artists" thing and still have massive amounts of respect for him in the present. In my mind he has credibility as a musician who plays with other people. Yeah I am not a fan of the whole Superbowl thing, but I can get past that cause the dude still rocks and I was impressed when I saw him last year

I also still have a lot of respect for Slash. I've said that numerous times. He's one of the top guitar players and songwriters in the world. Thing is, I doubt Slash looked forward to playing with Rihanna, BEP, etc... He did it as advertisement. I'm not a big fan of this. I'd be a lot happier if he just stayed in Snakepit or Velvet Revolver. A part of me thinks it's hypocrisy to complain about songs like November Rain and Estranged, about digitally augmented guitars and such, when you play with artists that don't even write their songs, that makes computer albums. It's only my opinion. Again, I am still a huge fan of his and have enormous respect for Slash but I'd have a bit more if he hadn't done all of this.

Ali

+1

Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Without him, there would be no Guns N' Roses. No one can deny this. But let's face it. Slash has compromised his credibility in order to stay relevant like no one who has ever been in GnR has. And don't come saying he did it because he wanted to.There's no denial. The reason he's still in the media spotlight is mostly because of the songs he recorded with pop artists, the performances he should have never been part of, and partially because of Velvet Revolver. If he hadn't given up some of his principles, there'd be a lot less spotlight for him.I still have a lot of respect for the man, but he's not the same guy he was back in GnR.

I also still have a lot of respect for Slash. I've said that numerous times. He's one of the top guitar players and songwriters in the world. Thing is, I doubt Slash looked forward to playing with Rihanna, BEP, etc... He did it as advertisement. I'm not a big fan of this. I'd be a lot happier if he just stayed in Snakepit or Velvet Revolver. A part of me thinks it's hypocrisy to complain about songs like November Rain and Estranged, about digitally augmented guitars and such, when you play with artists that don't even write their songs, that makes computer albums. It's only my opinion. Again, I am still a huge fan of his and have enormous respect for Slash but I'd have a bit more if he hadn't done all of this.

I understand where you are coming from, and I respect your opinion. I can't say him playing with Rihanna is my favorite Slash moment either :P. All in all like you I still have massive amounts of respect for the dude. I may not like all of this performance choices but I personally don't have a problem with it myself

Ali

+1

And where would Axl be when he didn't had the name Guns N' Roses? After the break up Slash started a (imo successfull) career on his own when Axl, even now after all these years, still needs the name Guns N' Roses to have a career.

Edited by droezle

Useless debates here again. I can't understand why some people fail to recognize slash's or any other old member's contribution to the success to GNR. It is disrespectful.

Ont he other hand, I can't understand the other people bashing Axl for the same reasons. It seems GNR is doing finally quite good now, so I don't see any reason to complain.

They might even play together at the rock n' roll hall of fame.

Two years back, I saw both Slash and GNR live, and enjoyed both. Both were great.

Edited by st0n3r

Ali

+1

And where would Axl be when he didn't had the name Guns N' Roses? After the break up Slash started a (imo successfull) career on his own when Axl, even now after all these years, still needs the name Guns N' Roses to have a career.

That's true. Axl needs GnR to have a career while Slash has managed to make his own name relevant. What I'm saying is, I wouldn't really mind if Slash's public image faded from popularity with him being in Snakepit or VR. I'm really trying to compare one to the other. I just felt like expressing my opinion as I think it fitted Volcano62's and would end up clearing up what he was trying to say.

a heavy metal band doing a covers album?

Slayer. Or they can't be considered a heavy metal band, can they? :)

That sucked too. What do you have now? I didn't say a heavy metal band CAN'T do a covers album, they can do what they want. I said they shouldn't.

So about Beyond Magnetic...

HATEEEEEEEEE IS A TRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN just like MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLLLLLLAHHHHHHHHHH

Don't forget LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD!

Edited by Young_Gun

This best thread in long time. Axl should do same.

I would love hear Bucket Finck work covering AFD + unreleased Chinese toons.

That way 2012 line up could focus their own music and move on from past.

Gun Rose Fortune Cookies 4 All ^_^

Edited by vaida

Ali

+1

What an idiotic thing to say. Anybody who would buy a GnR album in 2008 would also buy an album titled The Axl Rose Project.

Axl kept the name because he started the band and he owns the name. Because slash quit, Axl should give up the name?

Only people like u are still obsessed with the name thing, and trying to make everything some competition between Axl and your idol slash.

Time to grow up.

Ive come to understand Axl keeping the name. Smart business move and Slash/ Duff did leave.

But I don't think EVERYONE who bought CD would've bought

The ARP.

That's why it was a smart business move. Do you really think that he could even

Get the smaller arena numbers he got in 2011 with ARP, I don't?

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Ive come to understand Axl keeping the name. Smart business move and Slash/ Duff did leave.

The ARP.

agreed, denial is a funny thing but it has its limits.

The ARP.

agreed, denial is a funny thing but it has its limits.

This arguement is old and stale.It was already Guns n' Roses before Slash joined,and its still Guns N' Roses,whether you like it or not.

And it's also because the man has remained active since his departure of Guns N' Roses. Slash's Snakepit, Slash's Blues Ball, Velvet Revolver, Solo Project, I mean, it might not be Gn'R music level (but what we have today is NOT Gn'R either) but at least the man has been doing something while Axl went MIA and released a mediocre album under the name of the biggest band of the 90s. Sorry to put it that way but when Slash does something like a cartoon song is selling out, but when DJ Tommy Smith goes out talkin' shit on a virtual radio station for a videogame, is still cool. :shrugs:

What an idiotic thing to say. Anybody who would buy a GnR album in 2008 would also buy an album titled The Axl Rose Project.

Axl kept the name because he started the band and he owns the name. Because slash quit, Axl should give up the name?

Only people like u are still obsessed with the name thing, and trying to make everything some competition between Axl and your idol slash.

Time to grow up.

That's not true. If Axl would have released ChinDem under his name and not Gn'R it would have sold less, FACT. On the other hand, we understand and it's too damn stupid to discuss and argue over the Gn'R brand, it's an old topic.

Time to shut the fuck up.