Conspiracy against GNR in the music business

volcano62

Why did the album sink in other countries where it was freely available then. Blaming Best Buy is all too easy.

Went platinum/gold in multiple countries bud :thumbsup:

Which?

Please... Ask RonMexico82 to look it up. He stated that it sunk in other countries so ask him for the source....

The hell? YOU made the statement. I wanna know what you're talking about. Don't pass it off to someone else.

The initial statement was that the album sunk in other countries where it was freely available. I'd like to see a source for that. As far as I have heard it has gone platinum/gold in many countries other than the good old US of A. Imagine that...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the album sink in other countries where it was freely available then. Blaming Best Buy is all too easy.

Which?

Please... Ask RonMexico82 to look it up. He stated that it sunk in other countries so ask him for the source....

The hell? YOU made the statement. I wanna know what you're talking about. Don't pass it off to someone else.

The initial statement was that the album sunk in other countries where it was freely available. I'd like to see a source for that. As far as I have heard it has gone platinum/gold in many countries other than the good old US of A. Imagine that...

Netherlands(GOLD)

Malaysia (GOLD)

Hungary (GOLD)

Indonesia (GOLD)

Taiwan (GOLD)

Columbia (GOLD)

Thailand (GOLD)

Greece (GOLD)

Denmark (GOLD)

Czech Republic(PLATINUM)

South Africa (PLATINUM)

New Zealand (PLATINUM)

Austria (PLATINUM)

Brazil (GOLD)

Italy (PLATINUM)

Switzerland (PLATINUM)

Australia (PLATINUM)

Sweden (GOLD)

Ireland (PLATINUM)

Japan (GOLD)

Singapore (GOLD)

UK (PLATINUM)

USA (PLATINUM)

Canada (X3 PLATINUM)

Europe (PLATINUM)

Germany (GOLD)

France (GOLD)

Argentina (PLATINUM)

Finland (PLATINUM)

Mexico (PLATINUM)

Norway ( PLATINUM)

Poland (PLATINUM)

(note that every country has dif numbers for gold/plat)

:thumbsup:

Which?

Netherlands(GOLD)

Malaysia (GOLD)

Hungary (GOLD)

Indonesia (GOLD)

Taiwan (GOLD)

Columbia (GOLD)

Thailand (GOLD)

Greece (GOLD)

Denmark (GOLD)

Czech Republic(PLATINUM)

South Africa (PLATINUM)

New Zealand (PLATINUM)

Austria (PLATINUM)

Brazil (GOLD)

Italy (PLATINUM)

Switzerland (PLATINUM)

Australia (PLATINUM)

Sweden (GOLD)

Ireland (PLATINUM)

Japan (GOLD)

Singapore (GOLD)

UK (PLATINUM)

USA (PLATINUM)

Canada (X3 PLATINUM)

Europe (PLATINUM)

Germany (GOLD)

France (GOLD)

Argentina (PLATINUM)

Finland (PLATINUM)

Mexico (PLATINUM)

Norway ( PLATINUM)

Poland (PLATINUM)

Cheers! I was looking for that but couldn't find it. So funny how the perception is that it was a "worldwide" flop.... pfft

Cheers! I was looking for that but couldn't find it. So funny how the perception is that it was a "worldwide" flop.... pfft

Yeah, because it's all about putting things in the right perspective. Something that cost 13 years and zillions of dollars to make is supposed to be going over the counter a lot more often than just 5.000.000 times. Denying that it's not a flop is just trying to fool yourself and making those 5.000.000 mean more than they actually do. Chinese Democracy flopped on any level. Critical acclaim, acclaim from die hards, acclaim from the average joe, sales numbers, and in the end on a financial picture. There's nothing about it that actually points out that it was a success, apart from the select few on this board that declare it the masterpiece that the rest of the world expected it to be.

Well tours are more looked at as measures of success in recent times and despite touring several cycles before and after the album release and making it clear who is and isn't in Guns N' Roses and the various obstacles and Axl apparently being a washed up laughing stock with little bother in promoting, Guns are doing rather well...

Which?

Netherlands(GOLD)

Malaysia (GOLD)

Hungary (GOLD)

Indonesia (GOLD)

Taiwan (GOLD)

Columbia (GOLD)

Thailand (GOLD)

Greece (GOLD)

Denmark (GOLD)

Czech Republic(PLATINUM)

South Africa (PLATINUM)

New Zealand (PLATINUM)

Austria (PLATINUM)

Brazil (GOLD)

Italy (PLATINUM)

Switzerland (PLATINUM)

Australia (PLATINUM)

Sweden (GOLD)

Ireland (PLATINUM)

Japan (GOLD)

Singapore (GOLD)

UK (PLATINUM)

USA (PLATINUM)

Canada (X3 PLATINUM)

Europe (PLATINUM)

Germany (GOLD)

France (GOLD)

Argentina (PLATINUM)

Finland (PLATINUM)

Mexico (PLATINUM)

Norway ( PLATINUM)

Poland (PLATINUM)

What's your source? Like, LEGIT source.

Well tours are more looked at as measures of success in recent times and despite touring several cycles before and after the album release and making it clear who is and isn't in Guns N' Roses and the various obstacles and Axl apparently being a washed up laughing stock with little bother in promoting, Guns are doing rather well...

Or...They've been touring several cycles and with every cycle fewer people show up and tours happen on a smaller scale every time they hit a certain country despite there now actually being an album out to promote the tour. That's not doing well, and only indicates once more that of those 5.000.000 people that bought Chinese Democracy not that many show up to see the band. That's not doing rather well in my book.

What are you talking about... look at SA Tour? On the second leg there was more people than on the first leg. In Europe 2010 was the same amount of people like in 2006 and don't forget about financial crisis.

do rock bands have hits anymore. To me it's an album / tour thing.

bands still release singles and promote their albums.

I don't know if I even want guns to be relevant in today's rock scene. Almost all of mainstream rock radio is garbage. I don't want Axl to write songs to fit in with this. If they do clubs forever and the hardcore few that "get it" show up, then so be it (at least in my opinion). The way I see it, music in its mainstream sense will not shape itself around what Guns n' Roses puts out. I shudder to thiink what we'd get from them if it were the other way around.

What are you talking about... look at SA Tour? On the second leg there was more people than on the first leg. In Europe 2010 was the same amount of people like in 2006 and don't forget about financial crisis.

Stop wasting your time. He isnt here to discuss, he is here to bash. Don't feed the clowns

Exactly. And the albums are mainly an excuse for a new tour. Look at AC/DC. Biggest touring rock band in the world. Plays 2 or 3 songs from their current albums.

I don't know if I even want guns to be relevant in today's rock scene. Almost all of mainstream rock radio is garbage. I don't want Axl to write songs to fit in with this. If they do clubs forever and the hardcore few that "get it" show up, then so be it (at least in my opinion). The way I see it, music in its mainstream sense will not shape itself around what Guns n' Roses puts out. I shudder to thiink what we'd get from them if it were the other way around.

This^^

I don't fucking want GNR to compromise in order to " fit in" the parameters of the "popular music" (oxymoron) that is programmed into clear channel's programmed playlist.

I rather like the fact they have "gone rogue" play three hour concerts,and refuse to conform to anyone's idea of what they "should" do.This ain't your coldplay or nickleback,this is Guns N' Roses,still pushing the envelope and testing the limits.

This^^

I don't fucking want GNR to compromise in order to " fit in" the parameters of the "popular music" (oxymoron) that is programmed into clear channel's programmed playlist.

I rather like the fact they have "gone rogue" play three hour concerts,and refuse to conform to anyone's idea of what they "should" do.This ain't your coldplay or nickleback,this is Guns N' Roses,still pushing the envelope and testing the limits.

GNR never compromised, that's what made them so successful, they broke the mold and yet they were still mainstream and had SCOM and PC being played on pop stations. It's been Axl's complete disregard for anything in the time since that has gotten him to where he's at now (really a secondary act). Hide out for 7 years, 15 years for an album, no interviews, no promotion. Everything has/is passing him by due to the stance he is taking. It's the price you pay for going against the grain. I admire him for it, but this iteration of Guns is a mere fraction of what it once was/could have been.

There are many things he could have done over the last 15 years to rise back up without being a 'sellout'.

I've read your other posts,so you are here to provoke an emotional reaction to get your jollies?

Maybe there are many things "you think" he could have done,but its not your decision,not your call.As soon as all these e-experts,armchair quarterbacks et. al simply stop coming to the illogical conclusion that simply because you have attended a concert,or bought an Album and a T-shirt,this automatically gives you "special access" to second-guess business decisions,and the delusion that you know what's best for a band,better than the band itself.

It's laughable and altogether ridiculous that you feel entitled to suggest that you could/would have handled things differently over the years,when you don't know the facts,issues,or situations.

Gunner since 88,and I'm in for the long haul.Been a great ride so far,and it ain't over yet.