Any good Robin finck 'This i love' solos on video?

billie

Not this guy. You can't generalize a whole forum based on two members in a single thread dude. Go back to 2006 and find these posts..

Here here.

I get that shit all the time from people... "Oh when Robin was in the band, you didn't love him!"

Right.

That's why if you Google the phrase "Robin Finck Shirt" and set it to return large images, the second thing it returns outside of a picture of Robin himself is a picture of ME in 2003, wearing a Robin t-shirt in Las Vegas lol

For some reason I don't miss him at all...As I used to luv him in GNR back in the day.

In 06 I thought he was great, then saw him live twice and thought he was very sloppy and didn't like his choppy style. As in, didn't think it suited Guns.

I prefer DJ now, ahhh well

He was real tho. Did his own thing. Dj can play songs the exact way sumone else played them. That's great. Im sure he is a real nice guy. Just think his stage gimmicks are a bit cheesy. I was almost embarrassed last time with the hand behind the ear. DJ PEOPLE WILL CHEER FOR THOSE CHORDS ANYWAYS. NO NEED TO ENCOURAGE OR ENTICE IT.

Robin is not good enough. Im happy he is out of the band.

This.

His studio work was fucken sublime though fellas. Sure live he was not Joe Satriani or Steve Vai in terms of clean playing. But he had a great stage presence and played with his heart. His phrasing and choice of notes was VERY unique in rock n' roll.

This.

His studio work was fucken sublime though fellas. Sure live he was not Joe Satriani or Steve Vai in terms of clean playing. But he had a great stage presence and played with his heart. His phrasing and choice of notes was VERY unique in rock n' roll.

One song he did for GN'R was said to have been very reminiscent of Stevie Ray Vaughan arguebally the greatest blues guitarist I'm the last 30 years.

This.

One song he did for GN'R was said to have been very reminiscent of Stevie Ray Vaughan arguebally the greatest blues guitarist I'm the last 30 years.

As much as I love Robin, you can't base an argument based on wat was supposedly recorded. Where's that quote from anyways

This.

As much as I love Robin, you can't base an argument based on wat was supposedly recorded. Where's that quote from anyways

It was either on this forum during the Axl chats or his first interview since the album was released.

He was real tho. Did his own thing. Dj can play songs the exact way sumone else played them. That's great. Im sure he is a real nice guy. Just think his stage gimmicks are a bit cheesy. I was almost embarrassed last time with the hand behind the ear. DJ PEOPLE WILL CHEER FOR THOSE CHORDS ANYWAYS. NO NEED TO ENCOURAGE OR ENTICE IT.

Dunno what u talking about, but for instance listen to " better" DJ has extended the solo, or listen to Don't Cry, DJ makes these songs his own, more than Robin did (I loved Robin btw, but DJ has eaned his spot)

Dunno what u talking about, but for instance listen to " better" DJ has extended the solo, or listen to Don't Cry, DJ makes these songs his own, more than Robin did (I loved Robin btw, but DJ has eaned his spot)

For me he made the Better solo sound generic. Didn't like it at all. His tone just doesn't sound right for any of Robin's solos imo.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good guitar player and I like him, but what he does best for now is covering the old Guns stuff, as he's way more familiar to it and that style, at least to me.

More of an old school Slash type player so it makes sense.

Edited by Rovim

Love Robin, I could talk about his guitar playing all day, but those threads with this little fight between DJ and him are getting old. And I know the OP didn't want to cause this, but anyways...

Sorry, but that's not true at all.

Haha, the day u went to the price is right??

Hahaha, yep! Thanks for catching that, no one ever does! I think I kept that name tag on for several days, but we were actually standing outside Ballys right after The Price is Right when that picture was taken. :)

I personally think that Robin's versions of NR and Patience were better than the originals. While I like what DJ adds to Better, I still wish Robin were there and I definitely wish I could've heard him play his own TIL solo at least once live.

For me he made the Better solo sound generic. Didn't like it at all. His tone just doesn't sound right for any of Robin's solos imo.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good guitar player and I like him, but what he does best for now is covering the old Guns stuff, as he's way more familiar to it and that style, at least to me.

More of an old school Slash type player so it makes sense.

This. His tone doesnt sound right playing Robins solos but somehow works for Slashs stuff. Not only the tone but also the playing...