"Request Bomb" Chinese Democracy TONIGHT!

CoolRanchDressing

I had this amazing idea while reading another thread about how some people have found it difficult to hear Chinese Democracy songs on the radio. Maybe we could all organize around a specific radio program in a specific city that's still allowed to program freeform, without strict corporate (record industry) approval, and all call in and request a song from Chinese Democracy -- the song we think has the most commercial appeal. Maybe if people hear the song a couple of times because of our "Request Bombing<' we could provide the spark that could ignite an inferno.

Does anyone have any ideas for DJ's we could call? I sure as fuck don't, because radio fucking sucks.

EDIT...

Here's the info if anyone needs it. Start calling this DJ tonight at 9, NYC time. Or email him now! GO TEAM GO!

Pseu Bruan on WFMU

Fridays 9-Midnight

email: http://wfmu.org/pseu/

telephone: (201) 200-9368

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your idea worked it could potentially delay CD II for years.

Because demand would be so great for Chinese Democracy I that the record company and the band would suddenly find themselves preoccupied with it again? Possiblity. But more likely to me, it would only mean greater demand for the completion of the trilogy. It would probably help Beta secure a more favorable contract, giving Axl the muscle to bitch-slap the suits and the creative space to work free from distraction.

Okay guys! I agree that Better should be our choice to push. Let's do it!

I Googled "freeform FM radio," and this is the first link that came up after wikipedia... http://wfmu.org/LCD/21/freeform.html

They are freeform and in New York. Should we pick a DJ to call?

If your idea worked it could potentially delay CD II for years.

Because demand would be so great for Chinese Democracy I that the record company and the band would suddenly find themselves preoccupied with it again? Possiblity. But more likely to me, it would only mean greater demand for the completion of the trilogy. It would probably help Beta secure a more favorable contract, giving Axl the muscle to bitch-slap the suits and the creative space to work free from distraction.

Okay guys! I agree that Better should be our choice to push. Let's do it!

I Googled "freeform FM radio," and this is the first link that came up after wikipedia... http://wfmu.org/LCD/21/freeform.html

They are freeform and in New York. Should we pick a DJ to call?

To put in gentler terms it will get the label to move forward with the next album. Because when the songs get more popular people will want more.

I say we take New York. At least it is in my area.

Edited by BirdCatcher

My radio station plays alot of GN'R and hard rock even though it is a mainstream station..

They guys are always playin random shit so im sure they would be up for playin some new gn'r..

You guys could bombared their facebook page, perhaps request "Better"...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/929-Tamworths-Widest-Variety-of-Music/118115781579631

Even if one request it, then we get 50 or so "likes"...

Edited by Nightrain7

Sooooooo let me get this straight! You could spend a great amount of time and effort coordinating efforts to spam a radio station with song requests then sit around with your ear pressed up to the speaker hoping that maybe you get one track played. Or you could just press a button on your iPod/CD player/laptop. Hahaha, I know which I'll be doing! :lol:

Sooooooo let me get this straight! You could spend a great amount of time and effort coordinating efforts to spam a radio station with song requests then sit around with your ear pressed up to the speaker hoping that maybe you get one track played. Or you could just press a button on your iPod/CD player/laptop. Hahaha, I know which I'll be doing! :lol:

you mean to tell me theres an easier way? :shocked:

what kind of hogswallop talk is that

you mean to tell me theres an easier way? :shocked:

what kind of hogswallop talk is that

I KNOW!!!!!! Guess I need to cancel the leafleting campaign, flash mobs and gang of goons I had ready to besiege Radio 1 for the next time I wanted to listen to a bit of Meatloaf! :lol:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas