"Request Bomb" Chinese Democracy TONIGHT!

CoolRanchDressing

Sooooooo let me get this straight! You could spend a great amount of time and effort coordinating efforts to spam a radio station with song requests then sit around with your ear pressed up to the speaker hoping that maybe you get one track played. Or you could just press a button on your iPod/CD player/laptop. Hahaha, I know which I'll be doing! :lol:

Soooooo let me get this straight... you couldn't read or comprehend my initial post? It's not about hearing a track from Chinese Democracy. I know how to do that. I have an iPod and a CD player.

What we're trying to do is overcome the anti-Axl bias that kept many radio stations and media outlets from giving the album its fair chance to find an audience.

The more I think about it, the more I think we should go with a New York station. With the New York invasion about to commence, that could really help to generate some buzz.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, here's a show we can request bomb... it comes on for three hours on Friday nights in New York. Totally freeform, and according to his site, they like to play rock n' roll. This is perfect. Let's start emailing and calling him. Here's the necessary info...

The DJ's name is Pseu Bruan on WFMU.

You can send him an email from that page: http://wfmu.org/pseu/

On-air telephone: (201) 200-9368

According to their website, their station does not accept any money for commercials or from corporations, so they are truly free to play Chinese Democracy if they want to.

Okay gang! Let's put all of our muscle behind BETTER. It's short, hooky, punchy and from the heart. I suspect it was Axl's first choice for a single, but I'll bet Irving convinced him to go with Chinese Democracy, as it's the more conventional "rocker" of the album. I've gotten some PM's with other DJ's we could call. But for now, I think we should focus on one. But if it works, then let's try other freeform DJ's across the country and around the world, preferably coinciding with the cities on the tour!

The first stage of OPERATION: REQUEST BOMB will commence tomorrow!

Pseu Bruan on WFMU

Fridays 9-Midnight

email: http://wfmu.org/pseu/

telephone: (201) 200-9368

Soooooo let me get this straight... you couldn't read or comprehend my initial post? It's not about hearing a track from Chinese Democracy. I know how to do that. I have an iPod and a CD player.

What we're trying to do is overcome the anti-Axl bias that kept many radio stations and media outlets from giving the album its fair chance to find an audience.

The more I think about it, the more I think we should go with a New York station. With the New York invasion about to commence, that could really help to generate some buzz.

Yeah to be fair you're not going to get anybody to play GnR like that and if you did then one song off CD that maybe a couple of people might take any notice of would make no difference. CD's nearly four years old and nobody gave a shit back then so there's no point trying now. If anything request one of the classics that people atleast know. All Axl needs to do to overcome this supposed bias is keep up the current good work. Make sure these small shows go well, give a few interviews to local stations and maybe tease a new release with a new song or two. It's not rocket surgery fella!

TWAT is way to long for radio

Radio plays Estranged and November Rain. Hell, Paradise City is longer than TWAT.

Of course, all of those have name recognition.

But is this a plan, or what? Let's request Better on that Facebook page.

EDIT: I put up a request on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/929-Tamworths-Widest-Variety-of-Music/118115781579631 You guys better put your money where your mouth is and like that shit.

Edited by Flayer

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don't know how If The World hasn't achieved status on various lounge, "let's smoke spliffs & relax" channels.

It sort of accompanies a cocaine fuelled cruise down the east coast in a supercar.

TWAT is way to long for radio

Radio plays Estranged and November Rain. Hell, Paradise City is longer than TWAT.

Of course, all of those have name recognition.

But is this a plan, or what? Let's request Better on that Facebook page.

EDIT: I put up a request on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/929-Tamworths-Widest-Variety-of-Music/118115781579631 You guys better put your money where your mouth is and like that shit.

I don't recall ever hearing Estranged on the radio. NR I still hear every so often and it kills me when they cut out the outro :(

I thought that most didn't care how well CD sold or whether or not people liked it.

I certainly do not.

Hipsters be damned, I find it cool when other people I meet have actually heard of the songs and enjoy them as well.

We don't give a fuck what hipsters think. I don't care if people use the cd case as a coaster, everyone needs to hear Chinese Democracy. Everyone in the whole fucking world.