"Request Bomb" Chinese Democracy TONIGHT!

CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

The first experiment in OPERATION: REQUEST BOMB.

Everyone can start emailing now. Start calling at 9pm, EST.

Pseu Bruan on WFMU

Fridays 9-Midnight

email: http://wfmu.org/pseu/

telephone: (201) 200-9368

Ok CoolRanchDressing dude ... I emailed this person the other day to which I got a response " Very Funny ! " .

Now I have just phoned this person ( It's 1245pm on saturday afternoon in Australia and 9:45pm friday in NY) and had a conversation with her. Her name is Pseu (As in Sue) but for some fuckin' reason she whacks a P in front of it... Anyway, she a first didn't believe me when I said I was calling from Australia - too which I replied well I can do a pretty amazing Aussie accent then!, then after convincing her that I was in fact an Aussie we had a chat. She told me they are a community radio station and she gets paid nothing to dj there. So she said there was no way she was gonna play anything from Chinese Democracy - no matter how hard I begged ( I mean c'mon those classical listeners could appreciate the french horn arrangement on Madagascar right ? ). So she advised me to get on a site called Iheartradio.com and look at commercial radio stations to bombard with our requests. Do any of you local New York people know of the best rock station in the Manhattan area to contact? That might be our best bet.

Anyway, I'm afraid we were barking up the wrong tree with that one :)

Good on ya mate! Did she say anything about not playing old GNR or was it specifically CD-tracks that she didn't want to play?

She was a bit rude at first and didn't believe I was an Aussie but after convincing her I was she told me she loved Olivia Newton-John. Anyway I said she was hot in 'Xanadu' and I enjoyed the single 'Lets Get Physical' all those years ago but thought maybe Cold Chisel, The Angels, Midnight Oil or ACDC might be a better choice of Australian music.

She said that it was a classical music radio station and then I thought that November Rain or Estranged could be a go but no she just kept repeating "I'm not going to be your Guns N Roses Dj"... Anyway, I got her to admit that GnR was an iconic American Hard Rock band and thats as far as she would be nice to GnR.

So Screw you Pseu, from Pscott... !

Got any other phone numbers for me to call? I fuckin' hit up all the radio djs in NY state if you want me to :)

You didn't mention Skyhooks or Sherbet? ;)

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Would be cool if this was a realistic aspiration but complexity & radio don't mix. DJs aren't going to throw Catcher at someone en route to work when an AC/DC or Sabbath hit is available. Perhaps with Dj's hooks (pursuing that Better direction) there'll be a more significant possibility of a successful New GN'R request initiative.

Dudes, please try and remember the most basic information we've discussed a million times already... we're not talking about normal fm stations. We're talking about freeform stations with freeform DJ's who can play whatever they feel like. Jesus Christ, how hard is it comprehend basic information like that? How many repetitions are necessary?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

We're talking about freeform stations with freeform DJ's who can play whatever they feel like.

I don't think CD needs development in obscure music trends; I think most in those triangles accept CD is a solid album. It's more about getting the masses to consider the album via mainstream stations. Which is no simplistic feat.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

• 3 weeks later...

Well, well, well... guess what, haters? It turns out you were totally wrong about my Request Bombing idea. I asked my friend who listens to that station if they played Chinese Democracy ever, and he said they DID. Here's what he emailed me...

I did a playlist search for Guns and roses: http://wfmu.org/search.php?action=searchbasic

Some DJs have played songs from Chinese Democracy, all in 2007.

A song called "There Was a Time" is the most played GnR song, but all by a DJ (Trent) who no longer is on the schedule.

"T.W.A.T" was played twice by Brian Turner. Maybe you can try calling him? His show is on Tuesdays at 3-6PM Eastern.

SEE? Some know-it-all smartie pants haters tried to piss all over Operation: Request Bomb by pointlessly and falsely arguing that WFMU would never play Chinese Democracy. Turns out they've played them several times. Who knows, maybe they would have played them more if the same tired negative nellies hadn't tried their hardest to discourage some genuine fan passion around here for a change.

So let this rally the rest of us! Not only do we have a chance, but I'd say we have a very good chance. We just have to find the right DJ's and try hard. Anyone want to try calling Brian Turner, the DJ my friend says played TWAT before?

Coolranch, you've officially become the biggest tool on the forum. More of a toolbox than nething. We all know cd songs were played when the leaks/album came out. It was all about curiosity. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. But the more time u waste trying to.get nugnr on the radio, the less time you're on the forum, so knock yourself out. Just don't get your hopes up.

Coolranch, you've officially become the biggest tool on the forum. More of a toolbox than nething. We all know cd songs were played when the leaks/album came out. It was all about curiosity. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. But the more time u waste trying to.get nugnr on the radio, the less time you're on the forum, so knock yourself out. Just don't get your hopes up.

How about we make a deal... if I get CD played on the radio, you'll disappear from the forum. If I can't, I'll leave. Care to back your tough talk up?