The General - Atlas Shrugged - Soul Monster

Nick85

I think they've probably got some more AC/DC songs that they need to debut first. They still haven't even tapped into the Brian Johnson era yet.

Axl definitely likes his AC/DC. Just saw this clip for the first time, and what's playing in the background? Seems like it's gotta be Bon Scott, though.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I hope the writer from the Irish Times was right in saying Guns N' Roses will openly rehearse new songs from their upcoming follow-up to CD in Dublin before the full-blown Euro tour.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Have you got the link mate? Don't have that paper now

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0128/1224310869204.html

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

I think Desmond has told elements of the media of an intention to kickstart CD II in Dublin.

I think they've probably got some more AC/DC songs that they need to debut first. They still haven't even tapped into the Brian Johnson era yet.

Axl definitely likes his AC/DC. Just saw this clip for the first time, and what's playing in the background? Seems like it's gotta be Bon Scott, though.

Yeah, AC/DC's AC/DC. Can't beat that. I prefer Brian Johnson era though... he took a great band on the worst time of their lives and launched them into success no other rock band has EVER seen. I'm sure Axl's got nothing against him. Brian's one of the nicest fellas in the music industry. Guy's got zero ego. My college janitor has a bigger ego than Brian Johnson.

In the past GNR has used theater shows before big outings to debut & tryout new songs.

Las Vegas HOB 2001

Chinese Democracy

Silkworms

Riad N' The Bedouins

The Blues (Street of Dreams)

NYC Hammerstein 2006

Better

TWAT

IRS

If they are planning on playing new music in Europe this summer, this would seem like an ideal time to try a few of them out. Just sayin.

Edited by sofine11

In the past GNR has used theater shows before big outings to debut & tryout new songs.

Las Vegas HOB 2001

Chinese Democracy

Silkworms

Riad N' The Bedouins

NYC Hammerstein 2006

Better

TWAT

IRS

If they are planning on playing new music in Europe this summer, this would seem like an ideal time to try a few of them out. Just sayin.

It's pretty obvious that they played those three at Hammerstein because they had just leaked. That would be one hell of a coincidence if the three songs they planned on debuting in 2006 just happen to leak a few months before the shows.

Don't forget about Jackie Chan. We have a 16-second clip of it. Then someone edited it to make it sound like it's 37 seconds long and like EVERYONE believed it. It's more commonly watched on YouTube than the real clip. And the only video I could find with the real clip has it named "The General" (which is wrong) and they put it between a fake Silkworms clip and a fake Seven clip. Axl has confirmed though that the song's working title is Jackie Chan.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

So apparently, these three tracks are three of the biggest "heavy-hitters" most likely set for the next GNR album. Do you guys think this theater tour is a way for them to maybe try out some of these new tracks in preparation for the big European tour outing set for this summer?

Soul Monster - Axl's favorite unheard track. Described as GNR's most "Black Sabbath" moment, and one of the meanest songs Axl's ever recorded.

Atlas Shrugged - Tom Zutaut's favorite out of the batch of CD songs. Described by Classic Rock magazine as November Rain meets 70's glam rock. As of December 2008, Axl stated they were still trying to get a good mix together for this song.

The General - Sebastian Bach's favorite unheard "Chinese Democracy" track. Described by Axl as the unofficial sequel to 'Estranged'. Co-written by Brain. Has heavy orchestration, as heard playing before many live shows.

I certainly hope they're finally planning to debut a couple of these. God knows the fans are foaming at the mouth for new music!

Heavy hitters? Did someone say that and I missed it?

Ali

wouldn't it be awsome if they started with this intro, everybody thinks they are going to play Chinese Democracy but then they start to play the rest of the General instead :P

Las Vegas HOB 2001

Chinese Democracy

Silkworms

Riad N' The Bedouins

NYC Hammerstein 2006

Better

TWAT

IRS

It's pretty obvious that they played those three at Hammerstein because they had just leaked. That would be one hell of a coincidence if the three songs they planned on debuting in 2006 just happen to leak a few months before the shows.

Don't forget about Jackie Chan. We have a 16-second clip of it. Then someone edited it to make it sound like it's 37 seconds long and like EVERYONE believed it. It's more commonly watched on YouTube than the real clip. And the only video I could find with the real clip has it named "The General" (which is wrong) and they put it between a fake Silkworms clip and a fake Seven clip. Axl has confirmed though that the song's working title is Jackie Chan.

Yeah, but wasn't the album supposed to be released March 2007?

I dunno. I just dont think anyone's in the position to completely write off new songs being played on the upcoming tour. I mean, it's not like Fernando would take to GNR's twitter the week before the tour saying "Get ready for SOUL MONSTER!!". I honestly think it'll just happen sooner or later.

Edited by sofine11

I dunno. I just dont think anyone's in the position to completely write off new songs being played on the upcoming tour. I mean, it's not like Fernando would take to GNR's twitter the week before the tour saying "Get ready for SOUL MONSTER!!". I honestly think it'll just happen sooner or later.

It'd be nice if they gave at least a hint like DJ's "Good morning, mi amor" before RiR.