The General - Atlas Shrugged - Soul Monster

Nick85

Classic rock have heard the Atlas Shrugged song and compared to the other leaked material beck in an article in 2007. Why it hasnt leaked to the internet is a mysteri.

What was their opnion / thought about the leak ?...did they mention more thanjust having heard/compared ... and so true idd....if they were able to listen why the hell didn't we even heard a snippet yet ?

So.....callin to every person with connections....let us hear a little bit please.

The Stand

A Scanner Darkly

The Mutant King

The Zodiac

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Ides Of March

Oklahoma

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By The Ocean

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Jackie Chan

And Soul Monster?

Soul Monster is also known as Leave Me Alone according to Axl. I think thats all the songs we know about isnt it?

The Stand

A Scanner Darkly

The Mutant King

The Zodiac

Ides Of March

Oklahoma

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By The Ocean

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Jackie Chan

Okay, this is just weird. Where did you get this list from? Axl was asked (I think in 2006, maybe 2008) to name some books that he had either recently read, or was recommending as favourites. The top 5 on your list are books, not songs. As a matter of fact, I read the first two specifically thanks to this recommendation from Axl (The Stand, A Scanner Darkly) and they are fantastic, loved 'em both. I had already read Frankenstein, will get around to the other 2 one of these days.

Atlas Shrugged and Catcher in the Rye are two examples of books that are also GNR song titles. And I guess Zodiac as well.

Edited by axlsalinger

The Stand

A Scanner Darkly

The Mutant King

The Zodiac

Ides Of March

Oklahoma

Atlas Shrugged

Oh My God

Silkworms

Down By The Ocean

Leave Me Alone

Seven

The General

Thyme

Quick Song

Zodiac

Jackie Chan

Okay, this is just weird. Where did you get this list from? Axl was asked (I think in 2006, maybe 2008) to name some books that he had either recently read, or was recommending as favourites. The top 5 on your list are books, not songs. As a matter of fact, I read the first two specifically thanks to this recommendation from Axl (The Stand, A Scanner Darkly) and they are fantastic, loved 'em both. I had already read Frankenstein, will get around to the other 2 one of these days.

Atlas Shrugged and Catcher in the Rye are two examples of books that are also GNR song titles. And I guess Zodiac as well.

It was ALL the songs Axl mentioned in the online chats he did in 2008. I'm not sure if any have come to light since then, but this is everything from those chats. Just thought it'd be handy to have them in this thread :)

Yes, but you have listed both books and songs together, that was my point.

From the chats:

Fan - Axl, I'd just like to say I feel that you have captured the mood and feel of J.D Sallinger's 'The Catcher In The Rye' perfectly. Why did you chose this book to reference as regards to Chinese Democracy. On a related note, What are your five favourite books?

Axl talks about Catcher for a while, then ends with:

"The Stand, A Scanner Darkly, The Mutant King, The Zodiac, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein."