I'm With You

wasted

Quite a good record. Monarchy of Roses is interesting lyrically. Everything's toned down but there's a freshness to the record that wasn't on Stadium. Klinghoeffer does a nice job. First side is solid. Even You Brutus and Dance, Dance, Dance are good tracks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a decent and consistant record.

Monarchy of Roses, Look Around, Police Station and Rain Dance Maggie are my favourites from the album.

I do miss Frusciante's guitar licks, but as long as there is Flea and Anthony they will always have that RHCP sound.

Edited by Towelie

I like Klinghoffer, subtle but awesome. Monarchy of Roses, Factory of Faith, Brendan's Death Song and Annie Wants A Baby are cool, Kiedis doesn't seem like he's made too much of a jump vocal wise but it's nice and has a lot of energy. Good to see Flea reaching out and taking some of the responsibility too.

there's some of those elements but from Blood Sugar they had a variety of material. Breaking Girl is a classic. But on the same album there was Sir Psycho Sexy or whatever ever it was called. I think they could do another Yertle the Turle next.