Bumblefoot "Brushing up guitar parts" For the Upcoming Shows

Tyler Drama

I agree that it sounds like nothing. But maybe a little TOO much like nothing? Could it be possible that BBF's trying to misdirect us into thinking no surprises are in store because if he gave us hints, it would ruin the surprise?

I doubt it's a new song, because he wouldn't have to "brush up." He'd have to learn it. On the other hand, there's one certain song that they've been teasing fans with via set-lists, but still haven't played it. To me, THAT kind of a song would require some brushing up. What song do I speak of? OH MY GOD. Yes, that's right. My instinct tells me that they're preparing to unleash a new and improved, retooled and revamped version of Oh My God because now is the perfect time. A small intimate up close and personal audience was made for this kind of thing.

Doubt it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it sounds like nothing. But maybe a little TOO much like nothing? Could it be possible that BBF's trying to misdirect us into thinking no surprises are in store because if he gave us hints, it would ruin the surprise?

I doubt it's a new song, because he wouldn't have to "brush up." He'd have to learn it. On the other hand, there's one certain song that they've been teasing fans with via set-lists, but still haven't played it. To me, THAT kind of a song would require some brushing up. What song do I speak of? OH MY GOD. Yes, that's right. My instinct tells me that they're preparing to unleash a new and improved, retooled and revamped version of Oh My God because now is the perfect time. A small intimate up close and personal audience was made for this kind of thing.

If that's the case, why mention anything at all? No mention of anything, no worry of ruining a surprise.

I think he just wanted to let us know he's ready for the shows. That's it.

If that's the case, why mention anything at all? No mention of anything, no worry of ruining a surprise.

It is not uncomming for musicians to rehearse for songs they've played thousands of times.

It is not uncomming for musicians to rehearse for songs they've played thousands of times.

Indeed. Keeps things tight, especially after being away from it for a while.

Also, since Guns has so many options on the set list he might be going over songs that weren't played in 2011 (like Think About You) just to refresh his memory in case they do bring out one of those.

Or, as CoolRanchDressing said, maybe even Oh My God. :thumbsup:

Perhaps he's finally learning the outro to Civil War.

Sure. Meanwhile Slash has been spotted trying to learn how to play Guitars SUCK. He said that he's doing just fine, he plays the first note and gets kinda lost after it. With time he'll get the thing though, no doubt.

Please...

Ha.

Can Slash play Chopin on the fretboard?

Yes, on guitar hero III.

Anyway doubt it's something - he's simply rehearsing the same songs I'd say, maybe one or two additions... we don't know. But he didn't say anything different.

"Brushing up" just sounds like re-tightening his parts after a month or so of downtime.

I think this is what BBF meant.

I would like to think we're going to be in for a treat or maybe he's talking about songs that the band don't play often like;

There Was A Time.

If The World.

Prostitute.

IRS.

Catcher In The Rye.

Oh My God.

It's gotta be something. They just came off of a tour a month ago.

I'd like to think so, but the only possible "surprise" song I could see would be something that was an option on the set list in 2011, like Oh My God or My Michelle or something along those lines.

You'd be surprised how rusty you can get on a song in terms of tightness if you haven't played it or even thought about it in over a month.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Full of ambiguity; might mean practicing aspects of the existing set template, additions from former incarnations of GN'R, covers or songs from the upcoming new album (that will also be rehearsed in Dublin) before the full blown Euro tour.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The fact that they aren't rehearsing together should leave no doubt about what he meant...

When Bumblefoot first toured with Guns N' Roses in 2006 he learned his role alone. There's the possibility of individual perfecting or a little bit of work before GN'R meet at a certain location in an official manner to rehearse. Guns might also be opting to personally rehearse rather than meet as one in advance of the theatre tour.