Slash's Vocals

Tyler Drama

How come Slash never did more singing for GN'R? The only song I've ever heard him sing is that one part in Dust N' Bones (on the album and live), 3:02:

I know it would be nearly impossible to sing while he's shredding, but there are definitely times where he could have lent more vocals to the songs. In fact, I've never heard Slash sing on anything with any band or project besides that one part in Dust N' Bones. You can hear him a little bit here at 0:51 but barely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rRd5UiTPw&feature=related

You can tell, though, that he has pitch and sounds pretty damn good. And no, he did not sing on the Sentimental Movie demo or that one time they played It's So Easy without Axl. Those were both Duff.

How come Slash never did more singing for GN'R? The only song I've ever heard him sing is that one part in Dust N' Bones (on the album and live).

Check out Dust N' Bones, St. Louis '91 or Paradise City Indiana '91. I think he only sang because he was too drunk, in Paradise City he could barely talk.

He has a cool voice so I'd be interested in hearing how he'd handle a lead vocal. I'm surprised he's never at least tried it, but maybe he just isn't comfortable singing.

+1. Probably too shy to stand in front of a mic but yeah, he has a cool voice.

How come Slash never did more singing for GN'R? The only song I've ever heard him sing is that one part in Dust N' Bones (on the album and live).

Check out Dust N' Bones, St. Louis '91 or Paradise City Indiana '91. I think he only sang because he was too drunk, in Paradise City he could barely talk.

He has a cool voice so I'd be interested in hearing how he'd handle a lead vocal. I'm surprised he's never at least tried it, but maybe he just isn't comfortable singing.

If you watch the live DVD with Myles, even when Slash talks to the crowd you can sense a bit of nervousness at the mic. I think he's just more comfortable behind the guitar.

I'm the same way I suppose. I rarely sing when I play even though people have asked why I don't. I'm happy enough just playing.

Well, that and I think my voice is shit. :lol:

If you watch the live DVD with Myles, even when Slash talks to the crowd you can sense a bit of nervousness at the mic. I think he's just more comfortable behind the guitar.

I'm the same way I suppose. I rarely sing when I play even though people have asked why I don't. I'm happy enough just playing.

Well, that and I think my voice is shit. :lol:

Yeah I have noticed that is his solo tour. The whole 'I wear sunglasses 'cause the lights can't let me see clearly' is bullshit, we all know he does 'cause he's shy :P.