The Fillmore Silver Spring - February 23, 2012

blarkins

I'm off to bed, but I hope we can get some updates coming in tonight. It's never too pleasant to wake up the morning after a gig and not know what the hell went down :shrugs:

They went on between 11 and 11:30

They opened with CD

They played the same set as in Detroit

They finished PC around 2:30am

Now you can sleep soundly :thumbsup:

I'm off to bed, but I hope we can get some updates coming in tonight. It's never too pleasant to wake up the morning after a gig and not know what the hell went down :shrugs:

Are you ever suprised neways? Ull have sporadic posts. People making up shit, and by the 4th or 5th page the setlist, almost identical to the last. Lol.

They opened with CD

:rofl-lol:

They opened with CD

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Chinese

WTTJ

Easy

Brownstone

Sorry

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Fortus solo(007)

Live and Let Die

Band Jam

This I Love

Stinson solo(Motivation)

Band Introduction

Dizzy Reed solo(Baba O' Riley)

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Ashba solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam(Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2)

Axl Piano solo(Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)

November Rain

BBF solo(Pink Panther theme)

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Better

Jam

Patience

Jam

Paradise City

my way

Axl party with whores

Chinese

WTTJ

Easy

Brownstone

Sorry

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Fortus solo(007)

Live and Let Die

Band Jam

This I Love

Stinson solo(Motivation)

Band Introduction

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Ashba solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Better

Jam

Patience

Jam

Paradise City

my way

Axl party with whores

NOT THE REAL SETLIST

Chinese

WTTJ

Easy

Brownstone

Sorry

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Fortus solo(007)

Live and Let Die

Band Jam

This I Love

Stinson solo(Motivation)

Band Introduction

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Ashba solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Better

Jam

Patience

Jam

Paradise City

my way

Axl party with whores

NOT THE REAL SETLIST

Hi, did you find out why you passed out & were in such a dangerous situation at the concert the other night? They sure let you go home early.

Chinese

WTTJ

Easy

Brownstone

Sorry

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Fortus solo(007)

Live and Let Die

Band Jam

This I Love

Stinson solo(Motivation)

Band Introduction

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Ashba solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

November Rain

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Better

Jam

Patience

Jam

Paradise City

my way

Axl party with whores

NOT THE REAL SETLIST

Hi, did you find out why you passed out & were in such a dangerous situation at the concert the other night? They sure let you go home early.

Yeah, turns out I was dehydrated due to my several layers of clothes and lack of liquids. I was wearing an undershirt, a t-shirt, a long-sleeve shirt over that, a sweatshirt over that, and a heavy jacket over that. I completely forgot to bring water with me so I just had to stick it out. Security wouldn't let me put my jacket on the rail because it was an Appetite For Destruction jacket (Slash's skull) so I just had to wear it. During Nightrain I asked one of the security guys for water, and he said "No, just watch the show man!" I then said "Please! I'm dyin' here!" He then took out a bottle of water from his pocket, opened it up, and began to drink it right in front of me, as if to taunt me. I was so pissed off that I began jumping up and down out of frustration. This all was getting me hotter and hotter and my mouth was so dry. By the middle of Madagascar, I was out like a light. At least I got to meet Izzy after the show.

Oh wait, that wasn't me....

Yeah, turns out I was dehydrated due to my several layers of clothes and lack of liquids. I was wearing an undershirt, a t-shirt, a long-sleeve shirt over that, a sweatshirt over that, and a heavy jacket over that. I completely forgot to bring water with me so I just had to stick it out. Security wouldn't let me put my jacket on the rail because it was an Appetite For Destruction jacket (Slash's skull) so I just had to wear it. During Nightrain I asked one of the security guys for water, and he said "No, just watch the show man!" I then said "Please! I'm dyin' here!" He then took out a bottle of water from his pocket, opened it up, and began to drink it right in front of me, as if to taunt me. I was so pissed off that I began jumping up and down out of frustration. This all was getting me hotter and hotter and my mouth was so dry. By the middle of Madagascar, I was out like a light. At least I got to meet Izzy after the show.

Oh wait, that wasn't me....

:rolleyes: Must be freezing over there, we've got 100deg & hot with aircon going dry.gif

Security sound like maniacs over there, hope he was proud of himself when you were taken out :fuckyou:

Axl was watching you for quite a while, wonder if he found out how serious it turned out.

Glad you're back to good health now. :thumbsup:

Just got back and wanted to post my initial random thoughts while they're still fresh....

-Gold VIP is absolutely worth it. I arrived around 8:20 and the line at that time went all the way back to the parking garage. I was living large arriving that late and then walking right past those thousands of people waiting, haha.

-The opening band didn't seem to be a good fit to open for GN'R. Had some talent, but really seemed to have high school popish style music and the crowd was completely dead while they were on. They might have gone over very well opening for Coldplay, but for GN'R the biggest cheers they got came when the lead singer said, "This will be our last song." At first when they came out, I (honestly) thought Jarmo was playing the drums. Frank watched the opening band perform from the side, there might have been a connection there.

-You Could Be Mine and Patience got a tremendous response, maybe more than I've seen this entire tour for those two songs. The whole band gave Ashba a standing o for his solo on Patience.

-Axl had a strong performance of This I Love, one of his best I've heard. I really hope this shows up on YouTube so everyone can hear.

-The band seemed to be having a lot of fun. As previously mentioned, Axl wrapped up Bumble in ducktape. One time a technician was bent down fixing the microphone and Axl used his back as a footrest while singing. Also, Ashba was throwing guitar picks at people whenever they weren't looking at him.

-Axl wore a t-shirt with a skeleton version of Mickey Mouse on some of the notorious Mickey Mouse songs. I can't say I heard Mickey show up once (even the end of Don't Cry), but it could just be that actually being in the audience provides a different listening experience than the internet videos.

-Someone rolled up a banner and threw it at Axl, which I thought was going to cause some shit. Instead, he unrolled it in front of everyone, and the banner said: "GN'R - Wanted the Best... Got the Best".

-During KOHD, Axl gave a speech about how the old lineup got drunk after one performance in Maryland which led to Izzy going into their manager's office and declaring "I can't take this shit anymore" and then proceeding to whip out his dick and piss all over the floor.

-The crowd was extremely energetic throughout and absolutely rocking during the encore songs. I'd previously seen Guns at Hammerstein (night 3) and Baltimore, and the crowd tonight blew both of those shows away.

I ended up with hundreds of pics, but they were all taken with a first gen iPhone so it will take some time to weed out the scraps. I'll post a link in this thread when the full album is up. In the meantime, a couple that I could immediately tell were good...

fm8jue.jpg

14l6ayv.jpg