Did GNR forget to play Chinese Democracy last night?

volcano62

Chin Dem isn't played last night 'cause it's connected to that intro...and that intro was, as we all know, The General.

It was a bit early to play new music but later they will.

Chin Dem will be back....back to back with the General !

They played Chinese Democracy without The General intro last tour.

Yes they had the Dexter intro, but at RIR they started with The General. Don't know if RIR was the only one last year with The General.

My theory is they cut it since they can't do the pyro in theaters/clubs. That opening is just absolutely huge, and to see it without the full production would be a bit of a disappointment, especially for anyone who's seen another show since '09 already.

Yeah, maybe you're right about that.

As everyone knows I support GNR and Axl no matter how ridiculous the situation is but this is too much.....

...because it is ridiculous to not play Chinese Democracy and not There Was A Time??

No because with this setlist, it might as well be the original 5 out there...which of course I'd be ecstatic...but for those trying to support this new incarnation of Axl's vision, they want to see - I don't know - maybe some material from THIS band?

:blink:

No because with this setlist, it might as well be the original 5 out there...which of course I'd be ecstatic...but for those trying to support this new incarnation of Axl's vision, they want to see - I don't know - maybe some material from THIS band?

Uhm, I don't think that's what volcano was talking about at all. I think he as disappointed with the band not playing CD.

But you seriously expect them to play music which Dj has co-penned on this tour and not old classics? Fantasize much? Perhaps a bit drunk tonight? Guns N' Roses is a band that has existed for a long time with numerous lineups, it is only natural they play music from their whole back catalogue. That includes songs that only one current member co-wrote. Otherwise it would be an uproar. That being said, they do play songs off CD which most of the guys on stage were part of, too. Just as expected. Just as any sane person would expect.

And no, it would NOT be "ecstatic" to hear the AFD lineup (or the "original five", which is something else entirely) play the set they played yesterday. That being said, it would have been even more embarrassing if songs liek Shackler's or TWAT was in the set list. Slash'd die trying.

My theory is they cut it since they can't do the pyro in theaters/clubs. That opening is just absolutely huge, and to see it without the full production would be a bit of a disappointment, especially for anyone who's seen another show since '09 already.

My thoughts exactly!

Could be that.

What did they open shows at the rose bar and such with?

Yeah, the pyro's really cool. But they didn't use the full effect on RiR and still, it was awesome.