Just a hunch, The Ritz show could be extra special

GNFR2003

Honestly, it could be a video or a blu-ray release. The shows are usually shot on prosumer HD cameras. but tonight at Terminal 5, they shot on the RED camera, a very high-end cinema camera (used in films such as The Social Network & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). There has to be a reason they are using this camera...

Honestly, it could be a video or a blu-ray release. The shows are usually shot on prosumer HD cameras. but tonight at Terminal 5, they shot on the RED camera, a very high-end cinema camera (used in films such as The Social Network & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). There has to be a reason they are using this camera...

This can only mean one thing. The show was filmed professionally, will be edited into a completed product suitable for a dvd release, and will then be locked away in the vault along with everything else.

I can't see GNR playing new material until they've rehearsed the hell out of it. It usually takes at least 3 - 6 weeks of intense rehearsal to feel comfortable with new material to be able to play it flawlessly. Why do you think they've stuck to the same setlist? It's what they feel comfortable playing. Unless this band was in rehearsals for a good amount of time before this club tour (which we have heard nothing about, DJ was moving into his new house only a week or two ago), there doesn't seem like there was enough time to properly give new material its required prep work.

What I think is more promising is the announcement that GNR will be setting up shop in Ireland in May to rehearse. Seems like it's a better scenario for nailing any new material they may want to showcase in their upcoming European tour.

Cheers,

Andrew

I can't see GNR playing new material until they've rehearsed the hell out of it. It usually takes at least 3 - 6 weeks of intense rehearsal to feel comfortable with new material to be able to play it flawlessly. Why do you think they've stuck to the same setlist? It's what they feel comfortable playing. Unless this band was in rehearsals for a good amount of time before this club tour (which we have heard nothing about, DJ was moving into his new house only a week or two ago), there doesn't seem like there was enough time to properly give new material its required prep work.

What I think is more promising is the announcement that GNR will be setting up shop in Ireland in May to rehearse. Seems like it's a better scenario for nailing any new material they may want to showcase in their upcoming European tour.

Cheers,

Andrew

Agreed. We're lucky we got Estranged and Civil war out of this lineup. Something tells me songs like The General and Atlas Shrugged would take a hell of a lot of rehearsing to nail live. In truth, we have no reason to believe they've rehearsed them together yet.