All Original Members To Attend HOF Ceremony

axlslash

I really hope that all the original members from the 88 band show up to accept the induction. This is important to all of them and to show all the haters that GNR deserves to be there.

As for performing together, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Axl said on TMS he would see what was asked of him? Axl inducted Elton John, so he knows that the inductees perform too, so hopefully, he'll be open to it, but if not, just all the original members being there on stage together will be cool too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be cool to see the original lineup just bury the hatchet for one night and accept the awards they deserve. if gilby is involved with this that would just open a big giant fucking can of warms where everyone on CD could have a legit reason to go in.

i would like to see them maybe jam a couple songs and have guns n roses(current form) come out and do a new song or 2 that would be awesome as well. as for a reunion no way in hell i would want to see one. this version of the band has great chemistry and they go very well together, and i think they can make some great things happen that i want to hear, a reunion would just be a cash grab *cough black sabbath cough* and i really dont want to see that happen to gnr.

It'd be cool if they played together, but I can see why Axl wouldn't want to do it. How do you reunite the old band, if even for a night, and then continue on with the new band? It'll just make people want the old band to get back together and cause more of a backlash against the new guys than they already have. Could they work some sort of arrangement where the old bands plays a couple of classics and then the new band plays some of their stronger material? Maybe get them some exposure to show people they're actually a really good band.

I don't want a reunion though. It's hard to say what they might come up with writing together, but I like the sound of the new band and the direction they've gone in much more than anything Slash has come up with on his own. Outside of a couple of VR songs I liked I'm really not impressed with anything Slash has come up with.

Edited by Modano09

They might all be there, but they aren't going to play.

If the original 5 got on stage to play Jungle/PC it would be fucking electric in there. We would see they still had it, Axl would see they still had it, and it would make it impossible to continue carrying on as GNR like he does without making it seem like a second rate knock off. Fans would be clamoring for a reunion like never before, and just wouldn't be tolerant of New GNR anymore seeing that old Guns still had the magic.

Just far too much risk for Axl playing with them.

If the original 5 got on stage to play Jungle/PC it would be fucking electric in there. We would see they still had it, Axl would see they still had it, and it would make it impossible to continue carrying on as GNR like he does without making it seem like a second rate knock off. Fans would be clamoring for a reunion like never before, and just wouldn't be tolerant of New GNR anymore seeing that old Guns still had the magic.

I think the majority of people would be happy to just see the five of them standing on stage together, and being civil to one another.

I think they're all at a good place personally and professionally. Let the good times roll.

Just because they get together for a night doesn't mean people are going to bail on seeing GNR live this year or next. Not going to happen. If anything, people are just going to hope that something happens in the future.

Morrissey could put The Smiths back together tomorrow and headline 10 festival shows playing 30 minutes for a million bucks (so could GNR). There's more people who never saw The Smiths than there are who never saw GNR back in the day.

Even if GNR did get back together, there would still be people complaining about something. If they recorded new music, there would still be people complaining about some of the songs. Some people are happy with the AFD lineup being in the past and keeping it there. Duff's been in how many bands and I'm sure he feels the way about those bandmates as he does the GNR guys, if anything, prob more connected because they were guys he grew up with. Slash has his friends (and former band rivals that made it big), and Axl has his midwest bros.

Axl has no probs with and gets along fine with Duff & Izzy. He and Matt hooked up few yrs back and not sure on Axl/Steven status. So it's basically the Axl/Slash issue. I'd think for one night they could get along. Christ they wrote some of the best music ever.

I respect the old band...they got me loving Guns music...but that time has passed imo

It's cool to be inducted into the hof...but for me all I'm hoping for is even the slightest prospect of new studio tracks from Guns during 2012

How about that, someone that prefers the new band, but still has respect for the original band. Nice post, thank you. Take notice Volcano.