All Original Members To Attend HOF Ceremony

axlslash

can't we just love the two line ups? the old one and the new one? I have no preferences, the old band rocked the fucking world,it was the most dangerous band, there would be no present with no past, I mean,there would be no new gn'r without the old gn'r.well,maybe yes, but only if the new line up only plays new material. I am 18 years old,grew up listening to WTTJ,SCOM,NR,etc. When I concerned about the new line up (near 2006) I started reading and informing myself about the new line up, had no idea who buckethead was, thought they were a couple of freak guitarists playing bullshit, but then you learn to live with them and love them. And I love the new band, respect each member, I think bumblefoot is an amazing guitar, I listen to Sixx AM because of DJ Ashba, and listen to Slash and Izzy solo projects. Am I the only one that has no preferences? But as the majority of us I am waiting for new material, and I am also waiting the day when TWAT,CITR,are played,but hey, as I want TWAT to be played,I would also love Yesterdays to be played,you know what i mean? that's my simple opinion (sorry if I have some grammatical mistakes, i'm from Argentina)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to there own. Everyone has there own opinion. Some people prefer the old band some the new both line ups offer different things to different people. The old band was raw at the beginning but that changed over time I guess when they got more comercial. Where as the new band is more polished which imo is not a bad thing. In regards of the hall of fame as gunners fans old and new repect the people being inducted. It's not about you and what you want. It's about a bunch of guys who created some kick ass music that changed the scene at that time.

This is great news. I had to find a GNR forum to join after Dizzy said this. You may remember me I used to post on Heretodaygonetohell but I found this place instead.

I read through this thread and wow, you guys are really divided and some SERIOUSLY retarded shit has been said in this thread. Almost fell out of my chair a couple times but I think it's just trolling to get a rise out of people. I hope it's just that.

I noticed many of you have said things along the lines of "Dizzy said the original band will all be there.... but has not spoken to Axl about it? Contradiction much"

Well, could be, but I get the impression the new band doesn't talk much outside of shows and even there probably don't talk much. I mean talking with Axl (hence you get comments like "rumours and clamoring about a new album" Uh, dude, you're in the band why can't you just talk to the others and agree on something?). To me, it's entirely possible Dizzy was talking with management, other old members, some intermediary, or something. Basically someone in the know informed him the original band had all spoken and agreed to go, or agreed separately, and they're keeping it under wraps currently. What do I have to support this? Well, Dizzy wouldn't just make this up, and have any of the original band confirmed going? Why wouldn't Duff confirm yet? It seems they have an understanding to hold off a bit. Slash said he would go years (months?) before they got announced as inducted. Why not confirm then? There's stuff going on behind the scenes and it's entirely possible Dizzy heard about it since after all he's inducted too. Why didn't he talk to Axl? Because none of them hardly do as he shows up, they go on stage, and he leaves. They probably go weeks without having full convos.

A newbies opinion: This will be the best night for GNR and GNR fans in years. Will it be a clusterfuck? Ha, maybe, but it'll be fun to watch. The mere thought of it going well though is enough to get me excited about this band again. I think it goes without saying Slash will be there. I see no reason why Duff wouldn't and I'd say he's about as close to 100% going as Slash. Izzy.... hmmm, that's a harder one. I would imagine he'd go, again, why wouldn't he? It's not a commitment to anything longterm. The drummers will both go almost surely. I'm thinking a 75% chance Axl will say he's going and a 60% he will actually go day of and not flake off for some silly reason (which he'll almost definitely put out a long winded statement about if he doesn't go). So the odds of them all going I'd say 60%. The odds of it not being a mess 50%.

What you say makes total sense. It's kinda mysterious that no one this side of Adler is confirming if they're going or not. I would shit myself if they all got on stage together. I don't know wtf I'd do if they actually performed together. Imagine Axl starting November Rain with Duff and Izzy with Slash MIA. Then all of a sudden Slash comes out of nowhere with the solo. Shit. I'd lose it.

It doesn't matter which band you prefer, you're still a GN'R fan. At least, you know in your heart you're still a GN'R fan. I don't really know who I prefer, but I know that I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses either way and no person on a forum can tell me otherwise.

Sorry, but I can't stand it when someone says, "You're not a real fan!" That's petty and stupid. Unless you're in my head, you don't know if I'm a fan or not. I do. No one can tell me otherwise.

I love the old band, I love the new band.

I'm not obsessed with the "name" GnR, and could not care less if Axl calls this band GnR or Axl's Music Machine or whatever. Who cares. Some of you are so caught up in the mythical aspects of the name GnR that it is ridiculous.

I love the old songs, not the name GnR or the attitude or legacy or any of that junior high nonsense.

It should be all about the music, and nothing else.

And like so many people have pointed out.

If YOU are more angry about Axl using the name HE OWNS and CREATED than Slash, Duff and Izzy are....then you have issues that can't be helped on a rock and roll music forum.

Izzy joined Axl and GnR on stage.

Duff joined Axl and GnR on stage.

Duff opened for GnR.

Slash has hung out with current GnR members.

Adler would cut off his finger to sit in with GnR.

But you - a "fan" - can't move past it. Unreal.

It would be great to see the original 5 play a song or 2 together, but if it doesn't happen, oh well. The only thing that I hope comes out of all of them showing up is that Axl & Slash can finally squash their beef with one another, even if it still means they're not going to work together ever again. It would be great just to see them shake hands and accept the award together.

How this thread is not 100 pages, I cannot understand. This is the biggest Guns N' Roses news in 16 years.

Any ideas on presenters? My short list on guesses would be Sebastian Bach, Charlie Sheen, Keith Richards, Brian May or Tyler/Perry.

Has there ever been a band who was present who either didn't perform or have others perform in tribute to them?

I'm saying they're playing.

*Thread lock for a little cleanup.

Hey kids, I can't take a few days off without you guys losing it?

Ok so there's so many cupcakes in this thread that it's gonna be faster to suspend accounts.

I'm too lazy to send everyone of you a PM so I'll do it here.

Volcano, out for 10 days. This is your LAST warning. Don't even PM me or another mod to cry about it.

Bionic56, 3 days since you don't seem to have a long history of trolling.

Any other members that can't access their account, well it means you've been banned.

Guys, this is beyond ridiculous!

Back on topic please.

I hope the current line-up gets up to the stage and plays Yesterdays

Wow. I'd shit myself.

But those words ... "Yesterday's got nothin' for me, old pictures that I'll always see, time just turns the pages in my book of memories." Kinda bitter, no? lol

Less bitter than Sorry.

Wow. I'd shit myself.

But those words ... "Yesterday's got nothin' for me, old pictures that I'll always see, time just turns the pages in my book of memories." Kinda bitter, no? lol

Less bitter than Sorry.

well, both songs then lol

God I hope they would play something, anything together....I mean the original ones, its time. just one song and I`m happy.

Edited by Kosonen

Wow. I'd shit myself.

If he sang "Yesterdays" on this tour, people would take it as a no-show to the RRHOF. The video made it seem like it was about members leaving GNR but wasn't that written around AFD era?

Wow. I'd shit myself.

If he sang "Yesterdays" on this tour, people would take it as a no-show to the RRHOF. The video made it seem like it was about members leaving GNR but wasn't that written around AFD era?

Yesterday's was strangle prophetic.