#NewGNRAlbum2012 campaign

Juan Pablo

I sent the following to both Rolling Stone & Blabbermouth. If you guys have any other music news websites in mind, it wouldn't hurt to bring this to their attention. :thumbsup:

Fans Rally For New Guns N' Roses Album

Dear Rolling Stone Editor,

The following is a story idea regarding fans rallying for the release

Guns N' Roses' followup album to Chinese Democracy. The youtube link

below shows it gaining steam among GNR fans and will, hopefully, garner

the attention of both Axl Rose and his label(s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upRgHa17Dnk

As early as 2002, Rose told excited fans that Chinese Democracy would

consist of a "trilogy" of albums. During his internet chats with fans

in December of 2008, he even hinted that the followup album might

surface "the same bat time, same bat channel possibly" the following

year, which would have been fall of 2009 if it had, in fact, been

released. During his chats he even openly discussed songs Soul

Monster, The General, and Atlas Shrugged. During these same chats, he

also confirmed the following song titles: Seven, Thyme, Quick Song,

Oklahoma and Ides of March.

However, since that time Rose has remained tight lipped about the

status of the next album, only stating in November of 2011 on Eddie

Trunk's That Metal Show that they need to find out where they stand

with the label before releasing new music.

With GNR being inducted into the RRHOF in April, I feel that bringing

this story to readers attention would help build momentum towards

another Guns N' Roses album, which, at this point could only help the

music industry.

Thanks for your consideration, and I hope to see this story posted in

some format.

That's great. I did the same thing and emailed UltimateClassicRock. Would be great if someone makes a report of this campaign, the label and the band would see it hopefully.

Maybe it's the label that dont want another GNR record, but if many people shows supports in some way and this begins to be reported then the label may think about it.

Exactly. We know Axl thrives on the positive support of his fans, and the label has to be made aware that there is still a big demand for another GNR album among the fans.

Great idea !! Go for it!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope Dizzy wasn't talking out of his ass when he made this comment, and they actually are going to do this after the theater run.

"There are some clamoring and rumours that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little run, so we'll see what happens. There was so much material that didn't make it onto 'Chinese Democracy'. From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and get worked out."

Edited by sofine11

Let's just hope Dizzy wasn't talking out of his ass when he made this comment, and they actually are going to do this after the theater run.

"There are some clamoring and rumours that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little run, so we'll see what happens. There was so much material that didn't make it onto 'Chinese Democracy'. From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and get worked out."

Idk, Tommy just announced a string of dates and I think Sixx:AM might be doing something during the down time too. I would not be optimistic, at all.

Another user (I think Chris Axl) was dead serious about that in early 2008 when he issued the same challenge for Chinese Democracy. :lol:

From what I recall Chris Axl was certain the album would come out and it did not (maybe in 06, when he went through a phase of having the biggest mancrush on Axl in existence and Axl had said 'this year' in some interview or other) so he in fact still owes the forum a video of him eating a glove.

Might be mistaken though.

I think that's right. I had it backwards. His vow was to eat a glove if the album didn't drop in '06.

I'll turn the tables. I'll eat if if the new album does drop this year.

Idk, Tommy just announced a string of dates and I think Sixx:AM might be doing something during the down time too. I would not be optimistic, at all.

Tommy already recorded all of his bass parts for the next album. If, like Dizzy's saying, they're going to be going through what's already been recorded, they easily could put it out as soon as it's all mixed and mastered.

If Axl was thinking about releasing the those tracks in late 2009 like he eluded to during his fan chats with his "same bat time, same bat channel next year possibly" comment, then you gotta figure they'd be more or less ready to go by now. :shrugs:

On composer Marco Beltrami's work on some the unreleased tracks we might see on the next album. From his Wiki page:

It was even reported in October 2002 on Marco's official website that he had worked on orchestral arrangements for the songs "Thyme", "The General", "Leave Me Alone" (Soul Monster), and "Seven" off the then unreleased Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy. None of the tracks are confirmed for release on Chinese Democracy, but they were confirmed as being recorded during the sessions, and may see release on one of Axl Rose's reported "sequels" if they are not released on Chinese Democracy. However, Marco was credited for providing arrangements on the songs "Street Of Dreams", "Madagascar", "There Was a Time", "This I Love" & "Prostitute".

Edit: He was later quoted stating that the song 'Seven' was his favorite out of the tracks he worked on.

Edited by sofine11

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There's a huge difference between campaigning for the live performance of certain songs & the release of a new album because the latter isn't a power completely devolved to GN'R. There are other factors not within the sphere of GN'R influence i.e. label reps

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

But with the campaign we show interest, the band can receive it positively and talk about the future.

I think the literal millions engaging with GN'R's social pages and going to shows sufficiently signifies the marketing potential of a new Guns N' Roses album.

But with the campaign we show interest, the band can receive it positively and talk about the future. If it become massive, maybe it can help.

Yup. It's better than sitting around, simply hoping the band and Axl knows how much we want to hear the rest of the songs. This is concrete proof. It might very well have no affect on Axl's decision to put them out soon, but again, it's a lot better than nothing.

But with the campaign we show interest, the band can receive it positively and talk about the future. If it become massive, maybe it can help.

Yup. It's better than sitting around, simply hoping the band and Axl knows how much we want to hear the rest of the songs. This is concrete proof. It might very well have no affect on Axl's decision to put them out soon, but again, it's a lot better than nothing.

878956.gif Yep

no, i'd say that this IS about the equivalent of nothing. a thread on a fan board that has reached 5 whole pages. watch out for it, you should have the album in your hands shortly. LOL

Because you're unwavering crusade to become the biggest douche-bag the forums have ever seen all to support your campaign for a reunion has gone swimmingly well for you. :lol:

yes it can help. when I created a topic here on the Brazilian campaign to estranged, few believed, and in the end it worked.

Yes, exactly. Campaigning a band to include an old song in a set list is the same as making the band record and release a whole new record.

And besides, whereas adding Estranged was something the band presumably wasn't planing on doing, working on a record in 2012 is something multiple band members have said they intend to do.

yes it can help. when I created a topic here on the Brazilian campaign to estranged, few believed, and in the end it worked.

Yes, exactly. Campaigning a band to include an old song in a set list is the same as making the band record and release a whole new record.

And besides, whereas adding Estranged was something the band presumably wasn't planing on doing, working on a record in 2012 is something multiple band members have said they intend to do.

I said it could help, and I prefer to be positive. I respect your opinion, but still I think these guys if they really want, they can prepare for a launch in a few months. music and talent they have, and much.

I said it could help, and I prefer to be positive. I respect your opinion, but still I think these guys if they really want, they can prepare for a launch in a few months. music and talent they have, and much.

We all hope the same :)