Does anybody else think that the band might be waiting till after the HOF Ceremony to announce CD II?

ITW 2012

We need to get CD II and III from the future then go back 2008 and release the trilogy all at once. Shoot Azoff and get videos of Better, Atlas and The General ready to go. That's the first level of the dream.

Edited by wasted

No, they aren't waiting for some special date that they can take advantage of. They aren't in the position to just freely release the material when they want. It's all in Axl and the labels hands. Maybe Axl doesn't want it out or the label want certain stipulations met or a mixture of both. Time has shown that Guns don't wait for smartly timed events. Not Rio, not the HOF, not whilst on tour with flashing reviews.

No, they aren't waiting for some special date that they can take advantage of. They aren't in the position to just freely release the material when they want. It's all in Axl and the labels hands. Maybe Axl doesn't want it out or the label want certain stipulations met or a mixture of both. Time has shown that Guns don't wait for smartly timed events. Not Rio, not the HOF, not whilst on tour with flashing reviews.

I agree, but if Axl shows up at the HOF, I do think he may mention something about a new album to journalists. I mean, nothing concrete, just something like he did on VMA in the past, but with the intention to make it clear that he's focusing on the new band, not on a reunion.

I agree, but if Axl shows up at the HOF, I do think he may mention something about a new album to journalists. I mean, nothing concrete, just something like he did on VMA in the past, but with the intention to make it clear that he's focusing on the new band, not on a reunion.

Axl has had ample time and opportunity to elaborate on what is happening with the record. Even in 2007 when I saw him live, he was chatty but I always though "fuck, he could brief us on the situation right now if he wanted to". I'm happy they are touring and the HOF thing will be cool, especially to see Axl and Slash together again. I'm just dying for more of the musical style that Chidem offered that I can't find elsewhere.

Axl has had ample time and opportunity to elaborate on what is happening with the record. Even in 2007 when I saw him live, he was chatty but I always though "fuck, he could brief us on the situation right now if he wanted to". I'm happy they are touring and the HOF thing will be cool, especially to see Axl and Slash together again. I'm just dying for more of the musical style that Chidem offered that I can't find elsewhere.

Sure, me too. But I'm not talking about a real update on the new record status - hell, we don't even know how to call it properly. I'm talking about something like he did in that Metal Show interview. Something like "yeah, the old guys are great, but we're focusing right now in have some new shit going on this year". See, he's not even talking about tracks, recording nor anything, its all about being vague enough to not be quoted for serious.

Spot on IMHO. Without even knowing the specifics- it's damn near undeniable that there are "structual" obstacles in place making it a severe pain in the ass to get new music out.

IMHO what I think would be a cool resolution to the impasse would be to release a "true" Guns N' Roses "Best Of" album in 2012 as Axl, Slash and Duff would have actually wanted it to be (i.e. more of an "Esssential Guns N' Roses" than "Greatest Hits" album) with tracks like "Mr. Brownstone", "Coma", etc. along-side the stand-by classics (WTTJ, SCOM, NR, etc) PLUS a choice cut BONUS track from Axl's vault recorded by the current band tacked on at the end.

The record company "wins" with a highly marketable product to move in Guns' induction year. Slash, Duff and the old "Guns N' Roses Partnership" wins with a big back-catalog pay-day and an actual "Best of GN'R" type album they can be proud of. Finally, Axl and the current band "win" with a high-profile opportunity to ride the RNRHOF wave and call attention to the present and future of Guns N' Roses and maybe get some buzz going for the next Guns album... be it late 2012 or 2013.

Not perfect by any means: (1) the label surely would still prefer a full-fledged reunion; (2) Slash and Duff may not want a track from the current band cluttering up their "Essential GN'R album"; and (3) Axl may not be thrilled about placing a single track from the current band naked on an album that would contain some of the greatest rock music ever recorded (though it would be one hell of an opportunity if he's got a "Big Gun" type track laying around...). On the other hand though- I believe it would get the cash registers ringing (the most important thing)... and maybe give Axl the breathing room he needs to get the next Guns album out...