Slash's new album is titled......

gnrjanus

360 degrees of Slash

I recently had the opportunity to work on a project with one of the top Rock guitarists in the music industry, and it was both very exciting to be working with Slash from Guns ‘N Roses and Velvet Revolver fame, as well as to be working on a project that was paving a new road through digital photography, capturing 360° images to be processed into user-interactive camera angles.

Slash has just finished recording an album of new songs with singer/guitarist Myles Kennedy, drummer Brent Fitz and bassist Todd Kerns and part of the release will be an interactive video of the band playing the album complete, and recorded on 6 - 360° cameras. The user will be able to choose which camera to watch and have the ability to control pan and tilt. The camera technology that makes this possible comes from a couple of really smart guys at MATIvision. The album is great, and it is just an added bonus to have a front row seat to the recording of it.

Here are some photos I took during the process.

http://gatesman.com/blog/2012/02/360-degrees-of-slash/ (more photos in the link).

Myles_Kennedy_Deizel.jpg

Slash-209.jpg

Slash-525.jpg

Edited by Naupis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking LOVE the album cover! Kinda reminds me of an awesome tattoo this guy that I knew had...

“Apocalyptic Love” though? Lame... but I guess it fits the cover. Wonder if it’s a reflection on the subject matter of some of the songs.

Anyway, everything about this album has me psyched!!!! XD

360 degrees of Slash

I recently had the opportunity to work on a project with one of the top Rock guitarists in the music industry, and it was both very exciting to be working with Slash from Guns ‘N Roses and Velvet Revolver fame, as well as to be working on a project that was paving a new road through digital photography, capturing 360° images to be processed into user-interactive camera angles.

Slash has just finished recording an album of new songs with singer/guitarist Myles Kennedy, drummer Brent Fitz and bassist Todd Kerns and part of the release will be an interactive video of the band playing the album complete, and recorded on 6 - 360° cameras. The user will be able to choose which camera to watch and have the ability to control pan and tilt. The camera technology that makes this possible comes from a couple of really smart guys at MATIvision. The album is great, and it is just an added bonus to have a front row seat to the recording of it.

Here are some photos I took during the process.

http://gatesman.com/blog/2012/02/360-degrees-of-slash/ (more photos in the link).

Myles_Kennedy_Deizel.jpg

Slash-209.jpg

Slash-525.jpg

Thats pretty fuckin cool! Can't wait to see it!

All looks cool to me. :thumbsup:

For a Slash record, really not as sure what to expect from this album given it will have much input from Myles and the guys. But hoping it's HEAVY and with long ass solos. He's expressed his regret that Libertad ended up softer than much of the original planned material and with the solo album he pretty much tailored the tracks to the individual singers and styles that brought.

But this is his opportunity to put out some mean shit. Throw some big chunks of red meat to his core fan base. Hoping for that anyways...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Any cover is better than the last record.

I am pumped for this. I loved "Back to Cali" and "Starlight."

I kinda dig the title. I can see why some think it's lame.

I didn't like the Slash logo from the last record, to answer someone's question.

I think this band should just be called Slash and the Conspirators. Kinda like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

hope for some awesome songs like starlight, that was some killer guitar playing

I actually think Myles stole the show on Starlight.

Not knowing the guy at all really when he sent him the demo, I can totally imagine Slash being blown away when he got that back from him a few days later. He has said as much in interviews that he was like "fuck me, this is amazing" as far as his vocals.

I am so ready for this album its not even funny.

I would love to see a Blackbird style song with Slash/Myles.

Rocker Myles Kennedy felt compelled to lose himself in a drug haze in a bid to boost his songwriting skills.

The Alter Bridge frontman and Slash collaborator steered clear of narcotics until his twenties when he started to dabble with drugs as part of his life in the band.

The star insists he went "off the deep end" for several years as his addiction got out of control, but admits he felt he needed to get high to come up with new songs.

He tells Kerrang!, "Part of the reason I got into drugs was that I felt my well was dry as a writer. As silly as it sounds, they helped me creatively and gave me something to write about. The problem was, once I dipped my toe in, I discovered that they were fun. It was a weird, dark and strange period.

"That's a long way behind me now. But now that I'm working on the Slash record, a lot of the lyrics are about those days. It's still quite fresh in my mind, but I wouldn't let myself get into a situation where there's temptation. I have a wife who would never put up with me going there."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/myles-kennedy-took-drugs-to-aid-songwriting-skills_1264860

Saw this post on an alter bridge forum.

It also helps explain the Apocalyptic love title a bit more I guess, as if he is writing about his experiences with drugs it can actually be a pretty apt title. The angel/devil artwork definitely hints at that.

Love the cover, kinda iffy on the album title, but that's the least of my concerns as long as the songs kick ass.

Didn't really care for the last solo album to be honest. Seemed too all over the place, and a lot of hit or miss. This one seems more unified, and I like the back to the basics style of recording that was done. Really looking forward to this.

Cover-Final-Layered-EDIT.gif

OMG - how cool is that cover!!!

I can't wait for this album.

Very sweet cover. I haven't had that much to look at and follow around visually for a long time... and it works. The three coolest parts are the guitar, the hat and the wicked green snake. I'm actually pretty thrilled he stuck with the snake-themed art, as it kind of follows him. I really liked the snake artowrk inside of ALG, that one guy here has as his avatar. The rest of the image (angels, skulls, etc...) is just gravy. It works!

Cool album art. The cover could be bright pink for all I care though.

This album is all about the music for me. As I long term Slash fan, I can be honest and say I've not truelly been inspired since Cotraband came out in 2004. Libertad was pretty dull, and the last solo album (while it had its strong points) was just too disjointed and I stopped playing it after a while.

I look forward to hearing what this album brings

LA

Cool album art. The cover could be bright pink for all I care though.

This album is all about the music for me. As I long term Slash fan, I can be honest and say I've not truelly been inspired since Cotraband came out in 2004. Libertad was pretty dull, and the last solo album (while it had its strong points) was just too disjointed and I stopped playing it after a while.

I look forward to hearing what this album brings

LA

I agree but I felt everything since Snakepit was uninspiring.