What's stopping you from paying to join GNR's official forum and fanclub?

ITW 2012

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not joining because it seems like a waste of money. these forums are the best we're going to get anyhow, and I really don't care to spend all that money on a t-shirt, bandana, and laminated pass. :rofl-lol: I do own 1 GNR shirt, but really i'm old and that would be something I would've been more into when I was in high school or University.

IMO, the forums should be free, and the club needs to offer better things to get me to join. The Metallica club does it right.

Now - what would it take for me to join? As I said in another thread, I would like to see an annual limited-run EP released to fan club members. This could contain even one or 2 songs, and be pressed on numbered vinyl or somthing like that. It would be super cheap for the band to do, and would be a "real" collectible to make membership worth it.

I'm not joining because it seems like a waste of money. these forums are the best we're going to get anyhow, and I really don't care to spend all that money on a t-shirt, bandana, and laminated pass. :rofl-lol: I do own 1 GNR shirt, but really i'm old and that would be something I would've been more into when I was in high school or University.

IMO, the forums should be free, and the club needs to offer better things to get me to join. The Metallica club does it right.

Now - what would it take for me to join? As I said in another thread, I would like to see an annual limited-run EP released to fan club members. This could contain even one or 2 songs, and be pressed on numbered vinyl or somthing like that. It would be super cheap for the band to do, and would be a "real" collectible to make membership worth it.

+1...that EP makes it worth.

Prelistening and preview is nice too....but after some time it will be all over the internet so I will be patient.

i got the regular, fifty was kind of pricey for that and I've got tons of Gn'R shirts already...i'm not sure about the laminated stuff though, seems kind of pointless, it's like a keychain or smth...feels to corporate...I'd rather have something that was personal...Nine Inch Nails used to have cool stuff with their records...holograms etc...made buying a record special from the iTunes 'experience'

It doesn't have enough perks for me to join yet. I like what Pearl Jam does with the Ten Club where you get fan presale tickets from the site (including a front row ticket lottery), a holiday vinyl single mailed to members every year, and a store where you can buy official soundboard recordings of shows.