What's stopping you from paying to join GNR's official forum and fanclub?

ITW 2012

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intresting to see that some of you love Axl so much you would donate $50 to him. I wouldn't even consider doing this. Well not to he actually releases some music and starts to follow through on his original new GNR vision.

If I joined and said I think Slash is the best GNR guitarist would I get banned and if so would I get a refund?

Im not trolling this is just my opinion and would need to know the answer before I join.

CoolFace.png

Coolface_troll_seal.png

Edited by Flayer

What's stopping you from paying to join GNR's official forum and fanclub? Please keep it civil. I thought this would be a good thread to generate some feedback in. I'm going to setup a poll in here later on.

the fact that gnr ceased to exist back in the early to mid nineties.

Then why are you here in 2012 doing nothing but complaining about it in nearly every single one of your posts?

the OP asked a question and i gave him my honest answer. if that bothers you, feel free to ignore me. some of you kids need to learn that life is full of people with differing opinions.

thts not an opinion, he means if u just think the band ended almost 20 years ago why are u on a forum tht mostly worships guns n roses ?? and im not going to say the "new gnR" because there's no new or old...only gnr !

it's good for axl that he has fans that are as gullible as you. whether you want to make believe or not, there is only one gnr and those are the guys who are being inducted in to the hall of fame in 2 months. if you want to make believe that this is gnr by anything other than legalities, have at it. just don't try and push this on some fan who witnessed gnr in their heyday and is old enough to know that this current band is nothing more than a tribute act. don't get me wrong, you and anyone else are most certainly entitled to like and support them, but i'll be damned if i'm going to have some kid get upset just because i call it how it really is.

i really hope you and anyone else who buys into this rip-off fan club get yur money's worth. i really do. but i think this is just another low blow from axl and his gang to milk more money from the small fanbase that this current band actually has. my opinion.

OMG! It's grandpa cupcake again!

Dude, you look like a parrot, you keep saying the same. It's getting boring.

1) Based on history with this band I'm not 100% confident that they will deliver on what they are supposed to. Like, would I actually get a T Shirt, Laminate, & Bandana and if so, when?

2) Who is going to be in control of moderating the forum & is it just gonna be a place for the Axl ass kissing club?

3) What exactly is the "exclusive content"?

4) I've been a part of this forum for a long freakin' time & would probably just end up still using this forum over theirs.

Those are my main reasons.

1., the band has a bad track history with websites, so I'm not going to jump right into dropping $30-$50 on a fan club. 2, my budget doesn't allow me to see shows anytime soon so pre-sale tickets are useless to me, 3, a bandana and laminate aren't of much use to me either, 4, paid forums are usually full of ass-kissers and the slightest word of criticism gets you ostracized, and 5, paying for access to a forum in the first place is stupid and something I won't be doing again, as long as there's free options like MyGNR.

I think the $49 package should cost $29, for one thing. If they offer say a free live stream coming up soon as part of the deal (also available for $7.99 on the other site or whatever), it'd be an incentive to just sign up on the website.

The forum should be free, the package should have something of value to make it a worthwhile purchase. They could throw something like the Vegas and LA shows on the site that members can watch whenever they want.

Also an obvious one, have a contest for members to enter a draw to win a prize, perhaps an expenses paid trip to somewhere (London, maybe) to see GNR and meet Axl. Something like that.

The band is money hungry. It's ridiculous to think I'm gonna pay $30 or whatever the fuck it costs to basically get nothing substantial in return. This band has a reputation of never releasing anything, never giving us news. The only privilege I see happening for the memberships is presale codes or something for concert tickets.

As others said, if we got downloads or cool memorabilia or SOMETHING, then it would be different. But why would I wanna join a message board where you KNOW you'll get banned unless you're stroking someone's cock?

Edited by GnR Chris

I'd join if there was regular interaction from Axl. As well as behind the scenes footage of tours, FREE streams to the occassional gig, live chats, Q&As, etc.

Not paying $50 to hear from the rest of the band when they are so accessible via Twitter/FB, etc.

Want more details on whats being offered really. Have a million GNR t-shirts, never ever wear bandanas, and would only want a laminate pass if it was genuine, i.e. used for an actual gig, not made up to justify a forum fee :no:

My 2 cents

If I joined and said I think Slash is the best GNR guitarist would I get banned and if so would I get a refund?

Im not trolling this is just my opinion and would need to know the answer before I join.

CoolFace.png

Coolface_troll_seal.png

What the fuck is all that about? OK lets not bring S...h into it. If I pay £50 then I want to be able to say that Volcano62 might be wrong.

34112.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Omg... I'm in bed already but I laughed so hard... Now my son's awake ;)

Bad parent

cupcakes trolling cupcakes trolling cupcakes trolling cupcakes...

The world makes so much sense now.

Actually it all made more sense when I saw your Avatar. I can see now that in some places people might think wearing a bandanna would be a good idea.

By the way I wasnt trolling. You paranoid fucks have made it appear so.

Edited by spunko12345

Jeez... No one is forcing anyone to join the fan club. GN'R finally got a great website with news, photos, videos, discography etc. Also, the online store is being worked hard on as we speak, it's next in line to be launched. The band will most likely offer a stream from one of the upcoming shows.

But still... GN'R is charging $30 to join their fan club!!! Oh-My-GOD! Don't like it, don't pay. The complaining and over-analyzing borders to obscurity right now.

GN'R launches a new website.. What will be the hottest topic of conversation in mygnr-land? Fans being upset about having to pay for the fan club - of course.

Jeez... No one is forcing anyone to join the fan club. GN'R finally got a great website with news, photos, videos, discography etc. Also, the online store is being worked hard on as we speak, it's next in line to be launched. The band will most likely offer a stream from one of the upcoming shows.

But still... GN'R is charging $30 to join their fan club!!! Oh-My-GOD! Don't like it, don't pay. The complaining and over-analyzing borders to obscurity right now.

GN'R launches a new website.. What will be the hottest topic of conversation in mygnr-land? Fans being upset about having to pay for the fan club - of course.

What are you going on about? The question, clearly, was "What's stopping you from paying?" As in, what would it take for you to want to pay? Constructive.

Love how somebody gets upset the minute a conversation breaks out around here. Should the cost of a website membership be off-limits for discussion? And if so, why?

I remember joining a GNR "fan-club" once upon a time, and yes, paying MONEY for it, and months later receiving the only thing I ever got, a short newsletter with a Matt Sorum interview. And GNR's past history regarding official websites if as spotty as it gets. It is reasonable for fans to ask what they are going to get, for the cost of a membership, to a website for a band that has never had a functional website before.

Love how somebody gets upset the minute a conversation breaks out around here. Should the cost of a website membership be off-limits for discussion? And if so, why?

I remember joining a GNR "fan-club" once upon a time, and yes, paying MONEY for it, and months later receiving the only thing I ever got, a short newsletter with a Matt Sorum interview. And GNR's past history regarding official websites if as spotty as it gets. It is reasonable for fans to ask what they are going to get, for the cost of a membership, to a website for a band that has never had a functional website before.

I'm not saying it should be off limits. It just baffles me that this is what some choose to use their energy on.

What you get is clearly lined out isn't it? You don't think it's a fair price? That's fine, I can understand that.