Any news on Dizzy's album?

axl666

In november Dizzy did an interview with Billboard where he said:

Reed has also used tapped his GNR mates for a solo album he plans to put out in 2012, tentatively titled "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy" and featuring "stuff that I've done over the years."

Any further updates? I wonder if he'll only release this after the current wave of GNR touring is over

In november Dizzy did an interview with Billboard where he said:

Reed has also used tapped his GNR mates for a solo album he plans to put out in 2012, tentatively titled "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy" and featuring "stuff that I've done over the years."

Any further updates? I wonder if he'll only release this after the current wave of GNR touring is over

"Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy"? Seems to me it's been pretty easy for him. He was brought into Guns N' Roses and gets to play other people's hits every night and make a comfortable living. I'm curious to hear his definition of difficult.

On another note, would this be Dizzy's first solo record? I can't recall ever hearing of him putting any other solo work out. I'd be curious to have a listen since I've long regarded him as a peripheral or dispensable member of my favorite rock act. Perhaps I've understated his talents as a writer/contributor.

Edited by GnR Chris

You know if it's coming from Dizzy Reed it's bound to be a quality work.

Finally he has a voice.

Wtf man?

He's released two songs so far for a soundtrack called 'The Still Life'

They're actually catchy (this is Dizzy singing):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YVHE40/ref=dm_dp_trk2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329606814&sr=8-20

Edited by axl666

He's released two songs so far for a soundtrack called 'The Still Life'

They're actually catchy (this is Dizzy singing):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YVHE40/ref=dm_dp_trk2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329606814&sr=8-20

Just listened to the sample and that actually sounded pretty damn all right. This'll be exciting, cause like Chris, I've really got no idea of what Dizzy is doing in the band.