Manchester May 29th, 2012

gunsguy

Excellent news, I shall be there once again. :)

I wish they'd come to Liverpool though, that way I wouldn't have to drive and I could go out on the lash afterwards. :lol:

party all night and take the train ;)

I've done that before and whilst it was fun, kipping in the train station because I missed the last train due to Axl's timing was not so fun. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

There isn't anything new about disappearing shows. The 2011 US tour seen a lot of this, it's about the creation of buzz. Without the uncertain element it wouldn't be a GN'R tour.

Touring in May without an album? I know it's GN'R but is that even possible...? What is this tour anymore? It's not a CD tour, not a comeback tour, not an Estranged tour or whatever. I don't feel much excitement or point.

Would you tour again without a new album? I wouldn't.

The Illusions tour started before the release of the Albums.

they didn't tour for 8 years at one point...and the first guns tour in the new millenium wasn't that successful...it was only in '06 that things started to work out, so that's '06 , '07, '09, '10, '11 and now '12....so 6 years of successful tours for 19 years...I'd say it makes sense...Axl's finally got a reliable line-up that he's happy with...why not take full advantage of that and solidify this line-up...he always wanted to do a lot of touring for chinese democracy...this is the time to do it...there's still people who haven't seen the new band and they always put on great shows with great setlists...but I agree, something has to be different on this european leg...and featuring some new songs or changing up the setlists a little would be a great move toward that

Edited by ppruks

uk dates announced on Absolute radio today. there playing Nottingham, liverpool, glasgow, newcastle, manchester, London, Birmingham.

Specific dates?

That's quite a few places they're hitting! More than in '06 too I believe

Hopefully if demand is high enough they'll add a second O2 date as well! :xmasssanta:

I'm sure that's the case. I checked o2 website and it's free so why not

It was first rumoured to be the 30th and 31st, but with Manchester being the 29th, would they really do 3 nights in a row? Bit mental no? Maybe the 2nd date might be the 1st June instead

Hopefully if demand is high enough they'll add a second O2 date as well! :xmasssanta:

I'm sure that's the case. I checked o2 website and it's free so why not

It was first rumoured to be the 30th and 31st, but with Manchester being the 29th, would they really do 3 nights in a row? Bit mental no? Maybe the 2nd date might be the 1st June instead

Yes i believe Manchester was that date or not at all, 1 June better anyway, It's a firday :thumbsup: