Does anybody else think that GNR has become like Star Trek and we are all just a bunch of Trekkies?

ITW 2012

Does anybody else think that GNR has become like Star Trek and we are all just a bunch of Trekkies? Original GNR is Star Trek, Buckethead era/CD lineup is The Next Generation, and the new band is Voyageur. Axl started out as Captain Kirk (fucking green bitches and having a well known equal in Spock/Slash,) and he has evolved into more of an elder statesman like Jean-Luc Picard. And the forums are our Trekkie convention halls.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely...

To state the Bucket era was The Next Generation kinda indicates you think that was the best (or one of the better) eras. Curious... 00-02 era was kinda badass...

As far as I'm concerned, Voyageur is shite so I would not go as far as to call this version that.

...for some reason I'm imagining Robin as Worf and DJ as Wesley Crusher now... >.>;;

Definitely...

To state the Bucket era was The Next Generation kinda indicates you think that was the best (or one of the better) eras. Curious... 00-02 era was kinda badass...

As far as I'm concerned, Voyageur is shite so I would not go as far as to call this version that.

...for some reason I'm imagining Robin as Worf and DJ as Wesley Crusher now... >.>;;

i like voyager

No. Star Trek is nerdy Sci Fi for nerds. GNR is the most dangerous Rock N' Roll band in the world. And we are the most dangerous fans.

Danger and rock and roll ceased to be bedmates many moons ago, so no.

And, ITW, that's a pretty accurate, funny and somewhat sad analogy.

When will we see Axl on a Priceline commercial?

Edited by Ghostie