If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band, meaning continuing to defend them against naysayers. Without more new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy and the same songs for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

Edited by sofine11

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Once a fan, always a fan.

I will support the band untill the end, even if they'll never bring a new album out.

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers. Without new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans, without so much as a small explanation as to why.

I will support the band untill the end, even if they'll never bring a new album out.

+1

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Desmond, the man bringing GN'R back to Dublin, indicated the band will rehearse songs from an upcoming new album in Dublin. November release after the tour seems credible.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Desmond, the man bringing GN'R back to Dublin, indicated the band will rehearse songs from an upcoming new album in Dublin. November release after the tour seems credible.

This is what I'm hoping. They've officially covered the entire world with the "Post-Chinese Democracy" tour. Time to move on to phase 2. :thumbsup:

GNR doesn't need to be defended by you/others... their music is the best defence...

Old music doesn't get worse when there won't be new music...

so....enjoy what we have.....and have patience for what might come.

I feel like Axl is trying to get the band to play the old stuff better than the classic lineup before they make another album.

Ron: Hey Axl, how's the new songs coming?

Axl: How's the Civil War outro coming?

Ashba: Mr. Rose I wrote twelve new songs, can we use them on the next album please?

Axl: Sure Darren, but for now we will just hang them on the fridge

I don't expect a new album in 2012. I think if the year they announce a new album, it's gonna come out the next. But I'll always be a fan of GnR. The question is - I don't know if I'll be following them this much for so much if they don't release anything new.

Please do not include me in your "We" commentary,you don't speak for me.

Been a Gunner since 88, I'm sure as hell not jumping ship over someone's criteria,or some imaginary "deadline".

I'm less of a GnR fan than a Bumblefoot/Fortus/Buckethead/Finck/Brain fan so I'm getting more bored every day.

Besides, I'm finding extremely frustrating as a BBF fan that Ron is stuck playing other people's materiel instead of creating some of his own.

I'm not paying to see this band this year even though I have the opportunity to see them as I will be in Paris the day they play there.

New album or GTFO. :shrugs:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

This is what I'm hoping. They've officially covered the entire world with the "Post-Chinese Democracy" tour. Time to move on to phase 2. :thumbsup:

I think the most accepting of GN'R fans would find no indication of studio work or an album after the Euro tour rather difficult to swallow. I, and perhaps I'm delusional, find the idea of no new tacks on the Euro tour rather impossible?

It's make or break. Momentum doesn't last forever, and Dj & Bumblefoot aren't going to accept session musician status forever.

+1

+2

I'm less of a GnR fan than a Bumblefoot/Fortus/Buckethead/Finck/Brain fan so I'm getting more bored every day.

Besides, I'm finding extremely frustrating as a BBF fan that Ron is stuck playing other people's materiel instead of creating some of his own.

I'm not paying to see this band this year even though I have the opportunity to see them as I will be in Paris the day they play there.

Thank you for that annoucement,I'm sure you will be sorely missed and that your proclaimation will influence thousands. :violin:

I'm a fan for the music we have from the artist we know, not for what they might do later. I still love the records we have. I didn't stop liking Brown Sugar and Satisfaction when the Stones' records started to suck, and I won't stop liking AFD, UYI, and CD if Axl stops releasing albums. Will still listen to the records, will still go to the shows as long as they're great.

Please do not include me in your "We" commentary,you don't speak for me.

Been a Gunner since 88, I'm sure as hell not jumping ship over someone's criteria,or some imaginary "deadline".

Not since '86? You are a poser like the rest of us.

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band and keep defending them against naysayers.

What exactly are you "defending" them against? Guns N' Roses IS an unproductive band with a history of hopeless dysfunction. That is a fact and is not really open for defending or even discussion. When it comes to whether the music is good, that is a subjective thing and again, is not something to defend or support. You either like it or you don't.

But if you happen to like the music, then you will buy the next record when it comes out. And if you like the live shows, then you will pay money to see them when they are around. Your appreciation of the music or the live shows will not stop just because the next record takes time. And if that is the case, then you are more a fan of your idea of what a band should be, than the actual music and entertainment that the band provides.

If you need music every 4 years to be able to be a fan of the band's music, then I guess I won't miss you. Bye.

+1

+2

+3

been here and with GnR for many years of silence and many "hard" times... and the show goes on... GnR for life :)

Yes, because he certainly didn't create music in 2011. Where's that facepalm smiley?

No, here's news for you: There will be no new record in 2012. They haven't been in studio yet and creating a GN'R record takes at least 5 years on average. Knowing this, will you now GTFO?

Start packing....you aren't gonna hear a new "album" (I love how we call it that still) in 2012. And you will be in Paris the day of show and not go? OK. Me- As long as Axl is on a stage near me, I'll be there. And to clarify- by new material, I don't mean unreleased CD session stuff, I mean this current band/post 2010 material.

Edited by Snowmass

I think the most accepting of GN'R fans would find no indication of studio work or an album after the Euro tour rather difficult to swallow. I, and perhaps I'm delusional, find the idea of no new tacks on the Euro tour rather impossible?

It's make or break. Momentum doesn't last forever, and Dj & Bumblefoot aren't going to accept session musician status forever.

Anything's possible, as we've seen throughout the years with all of our various expectations. All I know is that we were told by various sources, most notably Axl, that Chinese Democracy would consist of multiple albums and almost 4 years later we've yet to reach the multiple part yet, with no sign of it coming. As disappointing as Chinese Democracy's eventual release was both for the band and the fans when you consider that half the album was leaked years before it finally came...I think giving us the second part of those sessions is the least the fans deserve. :shrugs:

Anything's possible, as we've seen throughout the years with all of our various expectations. All I know is that we were told by various sources, most notably Axl, that Chinese Democracy would consist of multiple albums and almost 4 years later we've yet to reach the multiple part yet, with no sign of it coming. As disappointing as Chinese Democracy's eventual release was both for the band and the fans when you consider that half the album was leaked years before it finally came...I think giving us the second part of those sessions is the least the fans deserve. :shrugs:

We doesn't deserve anything.

There is no second record ready, and I don't think Axl is very motivated to finish the original intended follow-up to CD. Why should he? Many of the guys contributing to that record are gone, the songs themselves are old and probably already been worked on a lot. The whole idea of a trilogy has become a farce, as has the concept of Chinese Democracy. And he has a band with musicians who want to contribute themselves, and not just add to others' songs.

And even if Axl decided to prioritize a record with old songs, he would still have to add remaining vocals, add parts from the new band members, mix it all, and get a deal with a label for release. This just doesn't take 6 months in the world of GN'R, and that is the time remaining when the touring is over. There will be no new music in 2012. And if you believe that you are not only ignorant to the history of GN'R and how that band "works", but also setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Start to face realities.