If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A big concern I have is that Axl won't release the other tracks because they feature Bucket & Robin, not Ron & DJ. Although I prefer the first two as a duo, Ron didn't seem too keen on releasing "unreleased Chi Dem tunes with guitarists that have been gone for five years" and DJ seems to slip the fact that he's "a producer and writer" into nearly every interview when the prospect of a new Guns record comes up. Maybe Axl doesn't want to alienate them. :shrugs:

This would be a shame, since millions of dollars were spent recording those songs with Bucket & Robin, who in my opinion, are more suited the NuGNR sound than Ron & DJ, who cover the classic GNR tunes better.

But, other than Axl, this isn't classic GNR, and if the songs with Bucket & Robin work better with them, then I really hope they're not reworked by current members...And are, of course, put out ASAP.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll share here my reply on a similar thread on gnfr.

"

I still don't get the he owes fans something part. I mean as long as he is happy doing whatever he is doing I am happy for him. Of course I would like to hear new music and go at GnR shows, but I understand that he might have better things to do than just focus on the music and the band. I am grateful for him ( and the rest of the crew ) for creating the best music I have ever heard and this won't be changed by whatever on earth he decides to do next. Point is I hope he is happy and enjoys every moment of his life as any of us should do. He doesn't owe us a damn thing when drawing the line. If he feels fine with creating/recording/releasing new music then by all means go ahead with it, I can't help to wonder what's in store and sure I will buy the next album and if they come close I will attend one or more shows cause they do deliver. On the other hand, if he decides to spend the next 30 years in his home watching TV or idk, playing ping pong, as long as he feels good with it, go ahead and live your life with no regrets.

"

More on topic: yes, i will still suport GnR. i don't set terms on this kind of things. does anyone here say to his wife: "if you don't give me a child by the end of the year, i will leave you" ? i know it's a pretty unfortunate analogy, but i hope you get the substance from it

A big concern I have is that Axl won't release the other tracks because they feature Bucket & Robin, not Ron & DJ. Although I prefer the first two as a duo, Ron didn't seem too keen on releasing "unreleased Chi Dem tunes with guitarists that have been gone for five years" and DJ seems to slip the fact that he's "a producer and writer" into nearly every interview when the prospect of a new Guns record comes up. Maybe Axl doesn't want to alienate them. :shrugs:

This would be a shame, since millions of dollars were spent recording those songs with Bucket & Robin, who in my opinion, are more suited the NuGNR sound than Ron & DJ, who cover the classic GNR tunes better.

But, other than Axl, this isn't classic GNR, and if the songs with Bucket & Robin work better with them, then I really hope they're not reworked by current members...And are, of course, put out ASAP.

I see your point but why can't they do both. If Bumble and DJ want to write an album with Axl they should (if he wants to). that should not put an album that already has guitar parts and perhaps vocals from being released. While they are still on tour release that bitch and then when they finish go write another record.

Maybe that is part of the hold up.

If Robin and Bucket helped write those songs, then maybe the financial aspect is a big nightmare right now.

Let's say The General.

Robin and Bucket wrote the guitar parts.

But Axl then has Bumble re-do Robin's parts. And has DJ add back-up guitar parts.

If the song is released, how do you split up the royalties for that one song?

Does Robin get 5% for being an original writer, and DJ gets 3% for adding to the song afterwards, and Bumble gets 3.5% for covering somebody else's parts, etc.

I'm not exactly sure how royalties work, but it seems like it could get messy when you have multiple creaters who aren't in the band anymore.

The band could just release a double-album and SHUT EVERYBODY UP. They did it before with Illusions.

One album could be the left-over CD material.

One album could be an album written by the current band.

Problem solved.

Fans get a ton of new music, and we won't complain for having to wait five years for the next release.

OR THE OPTION that several people have suggested.

Release a box set of some sort, featuring the remaining CD songs, the live concert DVD, alternative CD songs, etc.

Put that out and go tour for another year!!!

Most GnR fans just desperately want new music from their favorite band.

Most bands realize this, and do their best to do it.

Without fans, you have no band.

And like I've said and others have said - the longer they wait to creat their own music, the more likely band members will continue to leave.

And it isn't a "four year wait"......it's one album in the last 10 years.

Finally, the point people are missing about SoFine's initial post.

How do you not call this a cover band or a session band, if they play for years and years and years and only play other people's music, and not music they created? You have guys that have been in the band for longer than Duff/Izzy and Slash.....but the majority of songs played in concert are songs created by Duff/Izzy and Slash (and Axl, of course).

Okay,I get it you don't like DJ, and nobody is claiming this is "classic GNR",don't see Adler to be included in any endeavor due to his habits,and related problems, Izzy is Izzy and apparently enjoys his life w/o the touring and pressure that inevitably happens.

To interpret Ron's statement seems a bit premature,Id rather hear it from him,this "he-said" revolving gossip circle doesn't interest me,no offense.

The as of yet not released songs are there,and whether they are changed,altered or even released isn't up for debate among the fan base, sounds harsh but all truth isn't pleasant.

I agree that they should put "CD2" out first during the upcoming tour and then get together after to write an entirely new album with the current lineup. But we really don't have anything beyond our hopes that would indicate that'll happen. But yes, I do agree that's the best case scenario and would be completely on board with that.

For people chiding fans for expecting new music this year: In 2009, when people were hoping Axl would make good on his "same bat time, same bat channel next year" comment, people brushed them off and said it'll happen in 2010 at the earliest. In 2010 they said wait for the Chinese Democracy tour to wrap up. In 2011 it we were told to wait for the U.S. tour to wrap up, they'll do it in 2012.

Now here we are in 2012. The U.S. tour is done and dusted. Six years ago Axl told Sebastian Bach that they'd be on the third Chinese Democracy album by now. There's no more excuses for them to not focus on putting out the second record. And yet, fans who hope to hear music this year are once again being chided and told not to expect anything. I wonder what excuses will be made on behalf of the band when we're no closer new music in 2013. "Wait for the 14th Chinese Democracy Tour leg to wrap up! They're not ready yet!"

The thing is that they all mentioned at some point that there would be more albums out by now. Its their own fkn fault, not ours. Axl, Bach, Ashba...they better shut up if they dont know if it'll happen. Things can go wrong, yea, but why would they say something if they dont know if it will really happen? Nobody said that they will hate the band or anything like that, but some people simply dont want to follow bands that dont release anything. Why would you go to a Zeppelin forum to discuss Page's mistakes and the 100000th list about them being one of the most influential bands ever? There's no point. Stop sucking Axl's fkn dick and bashing people that want to hear new songs. It is their own choice to move forward and not act like if they'll discuss Axl's hair and fingers forever. Axl will not read your posts and say "hey...he deserves backstage passes!".

Why support a band that apparently is moving backwards despite the lead singer saying over the past years that he wanted to move forward? The OP had a very valid point no matter how you complain about it.

Didn't DJ just say that making a new album was there main goal.

Not much credibility, he's been saying that since '09.

Seriously though, I know you guys want the band to make a name of their own and establish themselves at this point (I do too) but I really would not hold my breath for a new album release. Especially not this year considering they have yet to step into the studio...

As far stuff recorded during CD era, as I said in another thread, its a bit like Schrodinger's Cat. They could be monumentally awesome or totally horrendous, haven't heard them so I can't make a judgement either way. Even their existence is relative in my mind atm.

For people chiding fans for expecting new music this year: In 2009, when people were hoping Axl would make good on his "same bat time, same bat channel next year" comment, people brushed them off and said it'll happen in 2010 at the earliest. In 2010 they said wait for the Chinese Democracy tour to wrap up. In 2011 it we were told to wait for the U.S. tour to wrap up, they'll do it in 2012.

Now here we are in 2012. The U.S. tour is done and dusted. Six years ago Axl told Sebastian Bach that they'd be on the third Chinese Democracy album by now. There's no more excuses for them to not focus on putting out the second record. And yet, fans who hope to hear music this year are once again being chided and told not to expect anything. I wonder what excuses will be made on behalf of the band when we're no closer new music in 2013. "Wait for the 14th Chinese Democracy Tour leg to wrap up! They're not ready yet!"

The thing is that they all mentioned at some point that there would be more albums out by now. Its their own fkn fault, not ours. Axl, Bach, Ashba...they better shut up if they dont know if it'll happen. Things can go wrong, yea, but why would they say something if they dont know if it will really happen? Nobody said that they will hate the band or anything like that, but some people simply dont want to follow bands that dont release anything. Why would you go to a Zeppelin forum to discuss Page's mistakes and the 100000th list about them being one of the most influential bands ever? There's no point. Stop sucking Axl's fkn dick and bashing people that want to hear new songs. It is their own choice to move forward and not act like if they'll discuss Axl's hair and fingers forever. Axl will not read your posts and say "hey...he deserves backstage passes!".

Why support a band that apparently is moving backwards despite the lead singer saying over the past years that he wanted to move forward? The OP had a very valid point no matter how you complain about it.

My main gripe is he said "we" in relation to supporting the band,he damn sure isn't speaking for me.

As far as your claims of "moving backwards" there is a tour happening,live streams,and an updated web site.

In addition to playing close to 3hour shows.

I don't want to sound condescending,but some of us are beyond thinking anyything along the lines of your witty comment "hey maybe he will read our posts and give us backstage passes." <_<

I'm going down with the ship... while the ship band plays some AMAZING fucking music. rock4

titanic-sinking-underwater.jpg

In all seriousness- I want to hear new music (either CD left-overs OR a proper album from the current line-up) as much as anybody- but my GN'R "fandom" does NOT depend on it. Been a fan since '88 too (haha) and learned looooooooooooooooooooong ago not to obsess or expect new material with this band- and particularly from Axl. At the end of the day you're talking about an enormously difficult/eccentric artist (though I love Axl dearly) combined with an epic legal/royalty, marketing and financial hurricane of bullshit that only seems to grow upon itself as time goes by and personel changes, management changes, the label changes, etc. EXPECTING any new material to emerge from that is a fool's errand IMHO... though I always reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised. Frankly, it's a minor miracle that Chinese Democracy ever saw the fucking light of day IMHO... so I treasure CD highly and listen to it as much as I can 'cuz I am sure there was every chance in the world that it never would have even come out.

Anyway- I'm cool with the classics/CD tours we get and will continue to support them and the band. At the end of the day- the music still stands up- and the band blows the fucking doors off just about every other available entertainment option in the genre currently touring IMHO. "Cover band" or not...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Maybe that is part of the hold up.

If Robin and Bucket helped write those songs, then maybe the financial aspect is a big nightmare right now.

Let's say The General.

Robin and Bucket wrote the guitar parts.

But Axl then has Bumble re-do Robin's parts. And has DJ add back-up guitar parts.

If the song is released, how do you split up the royalties for that one song?

Does Robin get 5% for being an original writer, and DJ gets 3% for adding to the song afterwards, and Bumble gets 3.5% for covering somebody else's parts, etc.

I'm not exactly sure how royalties work, but it seems like it could get messy when you have multiple creaters who aren't in the band anymore.

The band could just release a double-album and SHUT EVERYBODY UP. They did it before with Illusions.

One album could be the left-over CD material.

One album could be an album written by the current band.

Problem solved.

Fans get a ton of new music, and we won't complain for having to wait five years for the next release.

OR THE OPTION that several people have suggested.

Release a box set of some sort, featuring the remaining CD songs, the live concert DVD, alternative CD songs, etc.

Put that out and go tour for another year!!!

Most GnR fans just desperately want new music from their favorite band.

Most bands realize this, and do their best to do it.

Without fans, you have no band.

And like I've said and others have said - the longer they wait to creat their own music, the more likely band members will continue to leave.

And it isn't a "four year wait"......it's one album in the last 10 years.

Finally, the point people are missing about SoFine's initial post.

How do you not call this a cover band or a session band, if they play for years and years and years and only play other people's music, and not music they created? You have guys that have been in the band for longer than Duff/Izzy and Slash.....but the majority of songs played in concert are songs created by Duff/Izzy and Slash (and Axl, of course).

This sums up my feelings.

This post makes no sense? how is Axl "hoarding" something that is his? I dont post much, but i read almost every day. People get themselves all worked up over stuff and they have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I read people saying "cant wait to hear the general and atals shrugged, those songs are going to be great, epic" How in the world do you know? what are you basing it on? Those may be the 2 worst songs ever written for all we know. I will agree, it seems kind of strange to still be touring an album that came out 5 years ago, and keep revisting the same places and keep playing the same set list. They sound great, but lets move on now. If we never get another new note, they will always be my favorite band (mainly the original), but the new version is pretty good as well. I appreciate his voice and music and am happy to hear it when i can

This post makes no sense? how is Axl "hoarding" something that is his? I dont post much, but i read almost every day. People get themselves all worked up over stuff and they have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I read people saying "cant wait to hear the general and atals shrugged, those songs are going to be great, epic" How in the world do you know? what are you basing it on? Those may be the 2 worst songs ever written for all we know. I will agree, it seems kind of strange to still be touring an album that came out 5 years ago, and keep revisting the same places and keep playing the same set list. They sound great, but lets move on now. If we never get another new note, they will always be my favorite band (mainly the original), but the new version is pretty good as well. I appreciate his voice and music and am happy to hear it when i can

Do you know what a hoarder is?

I believe you just said the post makes no sense, and then proceeded to calmly explain exactly how it makes perfect sense.

Well done.

I'll always be a fan of GnR's music. I will continue to enjoy the music of other bands I like while I wait for a new GnR album. I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. However, I'm not going to another show until they are touring a new album. I've seen the Chinese Democracy tour enough times, between being there live and live streams, bootlegs, etc.

Axl has finally, after all this time, got a functioning band that KICKS ASS live, goes on tours, plays special small venue shows and streams concerts online, has an actual website and a strong online presence, not to mention all kinds of material in the vault.

Rationalize it all you want, but if he can't even use this "perfect storm" to release new material, then I give up. I will still follow the band and will always love Axl & GNR, but I will lose faith in Axl's ability to captain this ship.

It's time to stop talking the talk, and start walking the walk.