If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sad news for those having new music in 2012 as a milestone for continuing to "support" Guns N' Roses (and good news for those who want miss such fickle fans): Dj said in the recent interview from NAMM that they plan to tour out 2012 and although recording new music is a top priority, this can make it difficult to find time to hit the studio.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that upsets me the most is the rest of the band quit on axl because he had this grand vision of where he wanted to take the band, and that was supposed to be a new sound for the band. But since chinese democracy alls he's done is tour old material with a few cd songs mixed in. I love the new band. I love the idea of getting new music in a flavor that differs in style from the traditional gnr formula. But if he isn't going to go through with his plan, and grand vision, or whatever the hell people are calling it, he's a dick for forcing everybody else out. What was the point? He had to have the name. And the only reason for it now was so he could tour as gnr, singing the same songs he has for years, and not putting in one more lick of effort than that, the bare minimum to gain an income as a musician.

He knows people hated him and he couldn't do a fucking thing with the name axl rose, so he had to tour with the name, songs and legacy that the other guys helped him build. He has to realize now that he really isn't the creative force he always thought he was. That has to be fucking killing him.

It just seems like all the years of bullshit and acting like a child so he could get the name and keep gnr relevant was all for nothing. For those of who've been following since oh my god was released, the whole things been one bad joke and a kick in the balls. We got chinese democracy, and I honestly think we were lucky to get that. I just don't think axls ego can take another flop, so he chooses to rely heavily on what he knows people will like. His drive to create has gone by the wayside so he can tour endlessly and collect a check so he can rent lavish cars and pay his fucking property tax.

Edited by drtydane

Sad news for those having new music in 2012 as a milestone for continuing to "support" Guns N' Roses (and good news for those who want miss such fickle fans): Dj said in the recent interview from NAMM that they plan to tour out 2012 and although recording new music is a top priority, this can make it difficult to find time to hit the studio.

And from today's interview with Tommy: I would like to put out more than one album in 14 years. I’m all about “Chinese Democracy” but I want new Guns N’ Roses songs. [...] I think it’s less than a 20 percent chance [The Replacements] will get back together. I think there is a much better chance that there will be another Guns N’ Roses album than there will ever be a Replacements reunion.

[Funny that he also said Duff is his backup in GN'R if he ever has to skip a gig :)]

Edited by SoulMonster

the statement/ question of

" if a new album doesn't come out at the end of "20XX" has been said and asked every year since 2001.

youll still be here waiting even if it doesn't come out.

I remember how we relied on MTV,and magazine articles to catch up with GNR

I've realized over the past few years, as the Internet,Facebook and Twitter have become more of a commonplace technology to use for better or worse.

There are literally thousands of whiny ass bitches out there that use said technology to run for the mayor of bitchville.

You got a mixture of kids, and A majority of these people are otherwise responsible college students or even adults with kids, mortgages, full time jobs and school loans, but they are so caught up in minuscule and trite bullshit that they don't see themselves as whining when in fact, that's all they're doing

This is a positive year for GNR, tour,live streams,Utubes,reworked website yada,yada.

I cannot for the life of me understand or empathize with their never-ending, ongoing,complaints about every aspect of what GNR does,or how "they aren't going to be fans anymore unless this or that happens."

This is either an addiction to bitching,or an effort to make everyone as miserable as they seem to be

Don't really care which, I'm just beyond frustrated with these people.

So while they are having coniption fits,gnashing teeth over things that don't suit their demands,

and being negative buzzkills,in their neverending circlejerk of bullshit,

I'm going to enjoy this year,attend more concerts,and look at the positives.

*Nowhere near sober rt now

Here's how to understand it:

We, as fans, gave him a god damn 15 year free pass!! A pass in which he could tinker with his fucking songs for years on end while we supported him by seeing his shows, buying live era, greatest hits, vinyl, t-shirts, etc all in the hopes that one day we would get to hear it all. Instead he finally released some of the music (most of it which had already leaked) and he is now nearing year 4 of his second free pass. I, for one, am tired of it. He has made a fool out of me again when everyone was saying "you're an idiot for holding out for that guy" I would be saying "you just wait - when the first one comes they'll keep coming, hits, videos, albums, award shows--- he'll take over the world again." Instead the Redheaded recluse once again disappeared from the media, let his album die, and gave it 0 promotion (even at the shows he never talks about the album, the songs, or anything to do with it).

So what I can't understand is why the REST of you are so satisfied and content to just have another tour!

Oh look the mayor of bitchville!

Drop the condescending tone,nobody forced you to buy tickets,Albums or merchandise,you chose to do that.

Apparently you don't understand how things work,you buy a ticket and you get a live show,you buy merchandise,and you own that piece of merchandise,you buy an Album,and you own a copy of the recorded music.

Pretty simple concept.

What you don't get is that in no way entitles you to dictate how the band operates,when to tour,and when they should enter the studio to record or release a new Album.

You don't get to delegate how they live,or how they should handle their personal issues.

You are suffering from the malady called "false sense of entitlement" I doubt that condition is curable without a functional thought process,so I guess that omits you automatically.

Even a non- redhead can gasp the simplistic terminolgy,and the basic essence of the musician-fan relationship.

It's not a democracy,you don't get a vote,you don't get to be stockholder,its called consumerism.The fact that you constructed a warped view of reality in your mind is nobody's fault but your own,its not a realistic view of how things happen.

Some of your ilk are amazingly disillusioned,or maybe choose to stay in self-imposed ignorance.

Won't affect my world at all,Gunner since 1988 and I'm having a blast!

People go on about their popularity isn't sky high because of no radio hits etc, Axl is 50 years old and his last video work was a fair few summers ago, the guy never even interviews for his own crusade of an album, goes MIA upon its release... does he want to try and compete with some of the shit that takes up space on kerrang these days, boybands with nothing to say and everything to sell? People know the deal, he's Axl Rose. Sure, it'd be a welcome thing, a Chinese track finally getting played on mainstream alternative things, showing the new and ass kicking incarnation of guns but would it really be valuable to the band?

They seem to be doing just fine doing it 'their' way, the band is such an intriguing proposition for fans, hardcore music lovers and casual ''play those two tracks I came to hear Axel!'' dudes alike. This isn't Foo Fighters or Nickleback or Disturbed kinda deal, it doesn't fit nicely. If Axl had done his trilogy by now and had a few simple vids and been more open and communicative to the media, they might've got away with establishing Guns in that kinda way. Built up a fanbase with a clear divide between old and new, not a bizarre VMA and patchy world tour over the next however many years culminating in a lacksadaisical way of releasing the album.

Would they be in a better place now? Fuck knows, there's a lot of visuals selling both trend shit and genius innovative material recently, i'm not sure Axl's new material has a place in particular. We know Axl doesn't play ball with executives or nice fringes to look hip and still relevant, as much as people claim he's nothing but a cash grabbing over the hill hack. Take a look at an extreme possibility to make this band 'relevant' again. Reuniting with a long dead line up (which died for good reason, creative differences) and making a lovey dovey song with Adam Lambert doing backing vocals or whoever and seeing all the hipsters saying how much they've always loved Guns N' Roses that's a terrifying proposition (yet would be deemed a 'successful' example in how music is ran these days). They're slowly stamping a new era for a band that never chose an easy route imo.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Why would he release an album?

He just announced he wanted $30-50 a year for fan cliub membership and people were trampling eachother around here to join.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act. Why complicate things with a new album release?

Oh, please. Don't point out the fan club membership fee as if it is something unheard of. Both Pearl Jam and Metallica charge for fan club memberships, too.

Ali

Why would he release an album?

He just announced he wanted $30-50 a year for fan cliub membership and people were trampling eachother around here to join.

He has it good right now as a touring nostalgia act. Why complicate things with a new album release?

Oh, please. Don't point out the fan club membership fee as if it is something unheard of. Both Pearl Jam and Metallica charge for fan club memberships, too.

Ali

Agreed. Literally every big name band I can think of has a fanclub. Not sure why anyone would hold that against them. I joined Aeroforceone back in the 90s, and didn't see any problem with it.

My only beef is that I wish Axl was doing more to get the rest of the CD era tracks to the fans. If he can somehow get that accomplished in 2012, I'm totally onboard with the everything the band does from here on out.

The only new surprises on Chinese Democracy that didn't leak years prior or were played live for years were Sorry, This I Love, & Scraped. 3 songs out of 14.

They've done a good job of keeping the other tracks unheard for now, but how much longer can Axl assure that it stays that way? He should put them out while there's still a fascination surrounding them and they'll be fresh for the fans.

This ^ is what gets me,someone always advising what "should" be done,or how something "should" be handled with limited,sparse,if any knowledge of what may/may not be occuring behind the scenes.

So, by your logic, we should never discuss or have an opinion about anything that we don't have 100% knowledge of. If that's true, then we're fucked as a thinking species, let alone as Guns N' Roses fans.

:crazy:

I don't think it's that we shouldn't, but that it is kind of pointless ultimately and will only lead to frustration.

Ali

The only new surprises on Chinese Democracy that didn't leak years prior or were played live for years were Sorry, This I Love, & Scraped. 3 songs out of 14.

They've done a good job of keeping the other tracks unheard for now, but how much longer can Axl assure that it stays that way? He should put them out while there's still a fascination surrounding them and they'll be fresh for the fans.

This ^ is what gets me,someone always advising what "should" be done,or how something "should" be handled with limited,sparse,if any knowledge of what may/may not be occuring behind the scenes.

So, by your logic, we should never discuss or have an opinion about anything that we don't have 100% knowledge of. If that's true, then we're fucked as a thinking species, let alone as Guns N' Roses fans.

I don't think it's that we shouldn't, but that it is kind of pointless ultimately and will only lead to frustration.

Ali

I think fans of the new GNR lineup crossed that frustration threshold in in 2002, when the tour ended in a riot and no Chinese Democracy. Since then it's pretty much been part of the job. :lol:

But seriously, I get what you're saying. But we can only talk so much about the current tour. The fact that GNR has another album of material, which has to be released sooner or later, is a pretty big deal. If these were just songs that were tossed around for Chinese Democracy, and didn't make the album that'd be one thing, and expecting to hear them soon would be at your own peril. But we know Axl recorded more than one album, with the intent of putting certain songs on the followup(s).

With everything that's gone down since CD's release, I think it's fair to say that, at the most, we'll only see one followup to Chinese Democracy featuring songs from that era instead of Axl's original vision of a trilogy. But when you consider that, who knows, the songs on the followup could be even BETTER than the tracks that made Chinese Democracy. I mean, Axl's no dummy. Why would he blow his wad and put all the best songs on the first album? I would wager that he would not, and that there's some epic, rocking, songs coming. Now that's something to talk about, at least in my opinion.

Ali

I think fans of the new GNR lineup crossed that frustration threshold in in 2002, when the tour ended in a riot and no Chinese Democracy. Since then it's pretty much been part of the job. :lol:

But seriously, I get what you're saying. But we can only talk so much about the current tour. The fact that GNR has another album of material, which has to be released sooner or later, is a pretty big deal. If these were just songs that were tossed around for Chinese Democracy, and didn't make the album that'd be one thing, and expecting to hear them soon would be at your own peril. But we know Axl recorded more than one album, with the intent of putting certain songs on the followup(s).

With everything that's gone down since CD's release, I think it's fair to say that, at the most, we'll only see one followup to Chinese Democracy featuring songs from that era instead of Axl's original vision of a trilogy. But when you consider that, who knows, the songs on the followup could be even BETTER than the tracks that made Chinese Democracy. I mean, Axl's no dummy. Why would he blow his wad and put all the best songs on the first album? I would wager that he would not, and that there's some epic, rocking, songs coming. Now that's something to talk about, at least in my opinion.

It is frustrating, no doubt. As accustomed as I am to frustration, I don't feel the need to make it any more frustrating for myself.

Honestly, I think, if anything, the songs will be along the lines of Chinese Democracy. As Axl himself said, " What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some."

I love CD, so that is enticing to me.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali

It is frustrating, no doubt. As accustomed as I am to frustration, I don't feel the need to make it any more frustrating for myself.

Honestly, I think, if anything, the songs will be along the lines of Chinese Democracy. As Axl himself said, " What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some."

Ali

Same here. I look at it as 14 or so tracks that would flow really well with the first album, which is why IMO the fan dubbed Chinese Democracy II title would be very appropriate, although I could see why Axl might want to distance himself from that.

If that promoter who said that GNR will be rehearsing new songs in Dublin before the tour was right, there's a chance we might see this sooner than later, which would be amazing.

A perfect scenario would be for GNR to release that album this summer, playing some tracks off it in Europe, and then once that tour ends entering the studio with the current lineup to begin recording a whole new album with them. From the sound of it, that's what they're all living for.

Edited by sofine11

Ali

Ali

Same here. I look at it as 14 or so tracks that would flow really well with the first album, which is why IMO the fan dubbed Chinese Democracy II title would be very appropriate, although I could see why Axl might want to distance himself from that.

If that promoter who said that GNR will be rehearsing new songs in Dublin before the tour was right, there's a chance we might see this sooner than later, which would be amazing.

A perfect scenario would be for GNR to release that album this summer, playing some tracks off it in Europe, and then once that tour ends entering the studio with the current lineup to begin recording a whole new album with them. From the sound of it, that's what they're all living for.

With great risk if being labeled a hater and accused of being negative....this last post hit the nail on the head.

With great risk if being labeled a hater and accused of being negative....this last post hit the nail on the head.

The all-overshadowing, throning, dominating aspect of your personality is not being a "hater", but being a moron.

Ok little boy.

And congrats, this might be the first post you have ever made where you didn't kiss Axl's ass!!!!

Oh.....I take being called a moron by a poster like as a compliment. Like I've said many times, you Nutters are just as toxic as the haters.

The all-overshadowing, throning, dominating aspect of your personality is not being a "hater", but being a moron.

Ok little boy.

And congrats, this might be the first post you have ever made where you didn't kiss Axl's ass!!!!

Oh.....I take being called a moron by a poster like as a compliment. Like I've said many times, you Nutters are just as toxic as the haters.

Thank you, by mistaking me for someone else you consolidate my argument that you are a moron. Do you get paid for being the official mygnr clown?

The more I think about it, the more I'm really hoping Axl makes the decision to put the rest of the CD era tracks out this year before the current lineup heads into the studio. Otherwise, I'm afraid we could be posting in threads about the followup to Chinese Democracy years from now with little, if anything, to show for it.

Please Axl, let this be the year. :thumbsup:

Ok little boy.

Thank you, by mistaking me for someone else you consolidate my argument that you are a moron. Do you get paid for being the official mygnr clown?

Nope, I know exactly who you are in the forum. You are the kid that constantly kisses Axl's ass in every topic. And who also is arrogant enough to feel like you need to tell other posters how to post, and what they can or cannot post about.

Clown? Again, I take insults from you as compliments. Assures me that I haven't moves from being a die-hard fan to the Nutter stage like you have.

But OK. I'm paid to be a clown (you are so clever, I bet you were super proud of that line) and you are an ass-kissing, egotistical numb-nut........now can you stick to the topic? PM with your personal attacks, most people come to the forum to read people's thoughts on the actual topics and not insult rants. So PM them or put me on ignore.

Nope, I know exactly who you are in the forum.

Eh, nope. You have me confused for someone who is a fan of Axl Rose, if you'd paid attention you'd noticed that I am far from a fan of him, but a huge fan of the music of Guns N' Roses. Your problem, methinks, is that you have become obsessed with your concept of "nutters" and "haters" and have lost the ability to realize most people here are somewhere far away from these extreme caricatures, but rather somewhere in the middle. Because of this obsession you label anyone who disagrees with you, or even remotely criticises your views, a "nutter" or other derogatory terms. You also like to play the victim card, saying you are persecuted here and not allowed to post what you want to -- yet I have never seen your posts get deleted -- hence your confused brain mistakes opposing views as censoring, somehow. Your inability to see anything but black/white and your lack of accepting criticism or opposing views, is what makes you a "moron" (which I called you earlier); but much more sadly: your ridiculous "nutter/hater" rhetoric also causes a perpetuation of a completely unnecessary polarization on this forum. Because of you and like-minded people (and I use the word "like-minded" very loosely), any critical posts are branded as "hating" and any praise is branded as "ass-kissing". This is kindergarten rhetoric; and I for one wished it would have been left in the kindergarten.

If Axl continues to hoard the rest of the Chinese Democracy era tracks, and doesn't put out a new album in 2012, I honestly don't know if I can continue to support this band, meaning continuing to defend them against naysayers. Without more new music, they're only reaffirming themselves as simply a nostalgia band, which is a damn shame when you consider all the other good music Axl hasn't released yet, and all the potential in the current lineup.

I'll always love Guns N' Roses, and will always be grateful for the music Axl and the various lineups have given us. But really, they've been touring on and off in support of Chinese Democracy and the same songs for more than 10 years now. Enough is enough.

It would be one thing if the band didn't have a finished album that was *supposed to* be put out not long after Chinese Democracy. They do. And for whatever reason (because they sure aren't telling us why) they have not released it to the fans.

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Honestly, it's new album in 2012 or bust for this fan. What do you think?

I'll continue been pending to the band, (half as GNR and half as a cover band)

This really is the most pointless of threads to anybody who's been a fan of the band for any length of time. I mean after waiting 14 years between releases, seeing tours cancelled, no shows and walk outs etc etc anybody who's still here ain't going anywhere! We're like a bunch of battered housewives who'll take alll the shit and keep on coming back for more. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing them in Dublin later this year and I think the last few live shows have looked awesome but I'm not going to get my hopes up about any new music. I'd love it if we hear something but I've been a fan of this band since the mid 80's so I'm not deluded enough to expect miracles. If it happens it happens but right now I'm more excited about April 14th than anything else.