If there's no new album in 2012...

Nick85

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The band is going to have to go forward and record it, then shop it around or self-release it. If you put a song or two out for download, you'd get real numbers of how many people are going to be buying their music. No exclusive distribution - just sell the songs directly, play the songs live.

The trilogy mentioned was a song trilogy, not an album trilogy. Odds are slim the follow up is going to be on the same label unless Axl wants to use the back catalog as collateral to borrow money against. I don't see any point in doing that, when he can book 6 figure club gigs, hell, he could get paid just to talk for 2 hours. There's other ways to get money for the recording sessions, even though they could record on their off days or in rehearsals. Some bands do it, and the way recording technology is, don't need a studio.

We have no idea when they'll go back in the studio, is it even on his mind right now? I think looking back at 2011, the Up Close And Personal tour was already planned, festival shows were planned, and continuing on with the tour seems to be the priority, more selling live stream shows, maybe they'll get it to where all the shows get live streamed. Someone said they were trying to come up with interesting ways to do the live show this year.

With the RRHOF coming soon, they're going to ride that wave of attention right now on GnR.

But I am hoping we get one or two original songs this year, or an EP of covers. My feeling about songs is to not let them sit around for too long, though, because they'll wind up getting leaked or obsolete. Sometimes you just hear songs and realize why they wanted to keep it unreleased.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl's insecurities are the only thing consistent about him. He gets all up in his head, magnifies things more than they are. And ultimately, I don't see a follow-up. History dictates that without a second party (label, band members) intervening- shit won't get done.

I certainly won't be going to anymore shows until a new album is released or at least new music played.

I've seen the CD Tour each time it has been around. I've seen this band and the band with Bucket etc. play the GNR back catalogue for 6 or 7 shows - not interested in seeing that again I'm afraid. I don't overly rate the guitarists (even though they all seem like cool guys, Ron especially) and I'm not interested seeing them playing covers again and again and paying a hefty price for the privilege. I can go see a tribute for £10.

If there isn't new music I'll just check these boards like I do now once a month or so and listen to the albums when the mood takes me.

Edited by invisible_rose

I know I've posted in this thread already, but I think I'll only go to at least one or two shows each time they come around anymore, unless the set is changed or if there is a new album or new songs played. I love this band and want to support them as much as I can, but if new music doesn't show up, it's going to be difficult to keep dropping hundreds of dollars to continue to see the same show, regardless of how good it is.

This band needs to put new songs out, whether they be leftovers from the Chinese Democracy sessions, or a brand new, freshly written album full of songs. People are still interested in Guns N' Roses, and after this fresh US tour especially, people will be interested when new stuff comes out. Even casual fans who saw them on the tour, whether those people knew who were in the band or not, they'll say "Gn'R rocked when I saw them in 2011! I wonder what that new album sounds like?" A new album will be successful, both from the name "Guns N' Roses" and from the excitement of new music.

A new album needs to come out, no later than 2013.

If Axl N' Co come to Australia again without releasing a new album or at least playing a few new songs live like they did in 2006, I won't bother seeing them then. On the other hand, there is always the legendary Motorhead who have never let down their fans and have churned out one quality album after another. Within the last odd year they released an album and a live tour DVD Volume I soon to be followed by Volume II to accompany it and are recording songs for a new album due to be released late this year or early next year. That's what you call commitment.

I'm still rooting for a fall 2012 release. The chances are slim, but if they finish the album after the tour ends in July, it's possible for them to arrange a late October or November release date.

I was initially hoping they'd get things sorted out (like Dizzy said) after the theater tour for a summer release, but it doesn't look like that's happening. :shrugs:

Edit: If Axl has any remaining interest in surprising his fans with new music, with everything else that's been going on with the band this year, 2012 would be a great time to capitalize on all the positive attention with a new release. :thumbsup:

Edited by sofine11

I believe that the upcoming European tour will be the true test as to where this band is heading. If it is just a continuation of the 2010/2011 arena tours, I think that's going to be extremely indicative as to whether or not we'll hear new music at some point in this decade, and whether this lineup merits our continued loyalty and support.

Desmond, the man bringing GN'R back to Dublin, indicated the band will rehearse songs from an upcoming new album in Dublin. November release after the tour seems credible.

I'm sorry, but where did you read this? I haven't seen this or this Desmond guy mentioned before. Maybe I mIssed it but going through thirteen pages on my iPod would be hell.

i just don't understand touring the album anymore. Axl says its to get CD its due but they play the same 6 six songs from that album now for the last what decade? Its bull.

At least play TWAT, Catcher, prostitute or riad.

Release the leftovers to coincide with the R&R HOF and then do a straight rocker DJ and RON album. This shit is not rocket science its rocket queen.

Axl can talk all he wants about releasing albums and how difficult it is but those are not correct. It may not be exactly how he wants it but thats not a reason to not do something.

Hell if I never did anything because the circumstances were not perfect I would do nothing.

After hearing that CD only really got released due to pressure by Azoff I can't ever believe an album will be released with Beta as manager unless the studio sues Axl to release something.

And don't get me wrong. I love Axl, I listen to Guns music 80% of the time i listen to music but I'm not buying it on the release stuff.

I support the guy, glad he stands up for what he believes in but to say that the record company is responsible for the hold up is a lie. they offered producers bonuses to get CD released in 2002.

Edited by tange

Guys. Axl doesn't feel like releasing new music. I think the criticism was too much, and he's over the media. I wouldn't be so cruel to use the word "failure" to describe his musical career. But I would say Axl Rose is the epitome of unrealized potential. He could've had a hell of a career in the mid 90s on. Instead, he became overwhelmed with ex-girlfriends, lawsuits, drama, and crap that really is insignificant in the big picture.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Chinese Democracy was the last of the GNR albums.

Hahahhahahaha.

All this fucking defeatism.

Axl blows Rio, everyone says the new band is over.

We get a pretty damn good 2011 tour.

Axl starts 2012 in bad form and everyone says they've blown it big.

We get awesome shows like the Ritz and Philly and the setlist starting to change.

The year's not even a third of the way over and you're giving up on any future albums, assuming you now what's going on Axl Rose's head.

There were people that gave up on Chinese Democracy in 1998. And 2000. And 2002. And 2004. And 2006. And earlier in the year in 2008.

Get over yourselves and wait a few more goddamn months.

Get over yourselves and wait a few more goddamn months.

I really hope you're right, because unless we actually do get some real tangible news about the next album within the next few goddamn months, you can pretty much write off hearing any new GNR music for a good, long, while. And all we'll have are more of your clever posts to keep us entertained for the next ::insert number here:: years.

Edited by sofine11

If what Dizzy was saying about the band "going through some material after this theater run", hopefully meaning the other finished tracks, there's a slim chance the next album may materialize this year. But if the Euro tour begins without any word or rumblings of the next album, I think it's safe to write off 2012 for new music.

If they're simply finalizing the tracklisting from the finished tracks and handing them over to Andy Wallace for mastering within the next two months, then who knows? We could even see new music as early as this coming summer. Would sure be nice. :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

If what Dizzy was saying about the band "going through some material after this theater run", hopefully meaning the other finished tracks, there's a slim chance the next album may materialize this year. But if the Euro tour begins without any word or rumblings of the next album, I think it's safe to write off 2012 for new music.

If they're simply finalizing the tracklisting from the finished tracks and handing them over to Andy Wallace for mastering within the next two months, then who knows? We could even see new music as early as this coming summer. Would sure be nice. :shrugs:

It would be really cool is A.) They are going to release a new album this summer to coincide with the European tour or B.) They play a few new songs during the European tour and release a new album in the fall.

It would be really cool is A - They are going to release a new album this summer to coincide with the European tour or B - They play a few new songs during the European tour and release a new album in the fall.

This would seem like the logical thing to do, since A. The fans are rabid for more new music; and B. The buzz around the Guns N' Roses name will be at a peak in 2012 with the positive reviews from the recent tours along with all the attention the RRHOF will inevitably bring.

That said, great opportunities have come and gone in the past, so let's just hope 2012 is different. Really, since input from the fans is rarely taken into consideration by the powers that be, hoping for the best is literally all we can do.

Edited by sofine11

It would be really cool is A - They are going to release a new album this summer to coincide with the European tour or B - They play a few new songs during the European tour and release a new album in the fall.

This would seem like the logical thing to do, since A. The fans are rabid for more new music; and B. The buzz around the Guns N' Roses name will be at a peak in 2012 with the positive reviews from the recent tours along with all the attention the RRHOF will inevitably bring.

That said, great opportunities have come and gone in the past, so let's just hope 2012 is different. Really, since input from the fans is rarely taken into consideration by the powers that be, hoping for the best is literally all we can do.

Yeah, that's the thing, the buzz for GN'R will be really big this year because of the RRHOF induction and the rare reviews for their shows during this tour. After all the stuff we keep saying "would be cool," the best thing would be for Axl to go to the RRHOF induction ceremony and while there, announce a release date for a new album.

We can only hope we get something this year.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Yeah, that's the thing, the buzz for GN'R will be really big this year because of the RRHOF induction and the rare reviews for their shows during this tour. After all the stuff we keep saying "would be cool," the best thing would be for Axl to go to the RRHOF induction ceremony and while there, announce a release date for a new album.

I highly doubt he'd announce anything regarding the next album at the HOF, as it's more of a nod to GNR's past, namely the original lineup. I think Axl knows it would be in poor taste to plug the next album while there, same if Slash made a plug to his forthcoming release. However, if he does it soon after and rides the positive buzz, that could be to the band's advantage.

I highly doubt he'd announce anything regarding the next album at the HOF, as it's more of a nod to GNR's past, namely the original lineup. I think Axl knows it would be in poor taste to plug the next album while there, same if Slash made a plug to his forthcoming release. However, if he does it soon after and rides the positive buzz, that could be to the band's advantage.

I don't see any point of plugging projects during the event. If they want to do an interview after it's over, they can say anything they want. But the night of the show is about what their music means to people.

I don't see any point of plugging projects during the event. If they want to do an interview after it's over, they can say anything they want. But the night of the show is about what their music means to people.

Agreed. Anyone who is hoping for something like that obviously doesn't understand what the HOF ceremony is about. But I do hope we hear something about the next album within the next couple of months.

Edited by sofine11

You guys think that a new album will actually be released in the future. Cute.

CD is the last album by GNR and you should accept it. The guy's career is over. He has nothing more to give, all he can do is carry this nostalgia act all over the world and do bad shows.

Edited by Sonic Reducer