Axl is sick

ChristianGNR

easy to say "just cancel" when you don't have tickets. guns have cancelled 3 times on me and it sucks ass. i have tickets for atlantic city on friday....driving 6 hours to spend the weekend down there. i'll be fucking destroyed if they don't play.

They cancelled 2 times in 2002 when I had tickets too, so I know what I'm talking about.

I think it's selfish to demand them to perform while he's really sick. (not saying that he's too sick this time to perform, because we just don't know what he's suffering)

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

easy to say "just cancel" when you don't have tickets. guns have cancelled 3 times on me and it sucks ass. i have tickets for atlantic city on friday....driving 6 hours to spend the weekend down there. i'll be fucking destroyed if they don't play.

They cancelled 2 times in 2002 when I had tickets too, so I know what I'm talking about.

I think it's selfish to demand them to perform while he's really sick. (not saying that he's too sick this time to perform, because we just don't know what he's suffering)

Also, personally, I'd rather see a rescheduled show up to par, than see Axl struggling and hurting.

Also, personally, I'd rather see a rescheduled show up to par, than see Axl struggling and hurting.

Exactly

Axl needs a break. He looked sick on the livestream, or maybe just tired. I hate to do this to you guys, but I hope some shows get cancelled, for his sake.

Get well soon, Axl!

100% agree...

Doubt you guys would be saying that if you were going to a show tonight...

I'd still be saying it, but I would be silently hoping he starts cancelling after my show. You have to admit: the touring schedule's pretty insane.

Whoever referenced Bumble and said shows weren't cancelled for him: it's not the same thing, really. I mean, it didn't affect Bumble's performance all that much, and it affected Axl's a lot. And it could permanently wreck his voice for all we know.

I thought shows should've been cancelled for Bumble's sake anyway, though. It must be taxing for him, too. The whole band should just tour without Axl and Bumble. :xmasssanta: Imagine the riots.

seems like they will be playing tonight. Guys who are going to the show, enjoy, and don't care so much about Axl's voice, it can be very off. but seeing some house of blues chicago videos seems like he's still using a agressive rasp (; and i hope he gets better soon to continue kicking a lot of asses.

In 1992, I saw GnR while Axl had pretty much lost his voice, and do-date, that was the best GnR concert I have seen. (out 9 so far)

I imagine he'll just sounds raspy and maybe a little weak in some unimportant moments...

I would wear a raincoat in the first row, don't want some Axl phlegm hitting you in the face :ph34r:

Are you kidding. Do you know what Axl phlegm would sell for on eBay?

It would probably come with one of those real authentic certificates of authenticity :lol:

It would probably come with one of those real authentic certificates of authenticity :lol:

eBay has a policy that you can't sell any living organism including someone's DNA. In case we would want to create our own little Axl.

Edited by AxlCorp

eBay has a policy that you can't sell any living organism including someone's DNA. In case we would want to create our own little Axl.

Can you imagine? ;)

Damn! You beat me to it! That was the first thought I had.

People on eBay will sell anything,from a 6inch toenail to a picture of Christ that supernaturally appeared on a kumquat.

S' a damn shame people who Que up for sigs aren't doing it because they are fans,they are looking to make a quick buck.

Wasn't Axl shaking a whole bunch of hands the other day at the show?

hands%20after%20a%20sneeze.jpg

But seriously though, count me in the camp that would rather have my show postponed until Axl is better. His voice sounded awful at times in Chicago, he clearly was ill. I wouldn't want to dish out hundreds of dollars for a ticket to see a performance where the lead singer has little energy and and at times an unrecognizable voice.