They reunite and Axl keeps the current band as a solo act (under a different name)

Slaxls

Ok, heres a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR problem with reuniting the original GNR:

AXL OWNS THE NAME

which means that if they reunited Axl would have to HIRE them and they would be able to be fired by axl at any time. Essentially not full members and I don't think any of them would want to be at Axls mercy. It would be beneath them and not right. I think slash has said about this before, about them all needing to be equal members

Now, Axl is unlikely to ever give up the rights he has, since he is such a control freak, and also, since he is in the position of owning them, he would be unlikely to want to give it up for any other reason.

So there is a problem there.

This is slightly beside my main point, but i think it is a MAJOR reason, much bigger than any personal issues they all have.

Slash doesnt want to be Axls bitch, which is what he will be if he rejoins as a hired hand. The guys in axls current band dont mind being bitches because they are nobodys and are unlikely to do big tours on their own. (they also like the money)

NOW

Would on to my main question.

Would any of you that like the current band be enthusiastic about the original band reuniting and keeping the current touring band going as well (essentially axl would have two bands) and the current 'gnr' would then be called 'the axl rose band' and they can carry on, but we can also have the real gnr as well?

Would that float your boat?

Another scenario (possibly more or perhaps less likely depending on which member of old gnr's view you take)

:

The original band gets back together and the current band stays together, axl has two bands BUT

the current gnr stays with the name GUNS N ROSES

and the reunited guns n roses are called something else (I offer 'VELVET RE-LOADED' lol)

This scenario would allow them all to be equal partners again and axl would keep the gnr name.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MORE LIKELY AND WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Axl Rose owns Gn'R. We can't judge who 'deserves' to own it 'cause from my point of view Guns N' Roses (the most dangerous band in the world) wasn't Axl Rose and will never be. That being said, Guns N' Roses (the name and the brand) wasn't Axl Rose ONLY until the rest of the guys "didn't care" and signed over it and also the fact that Axl came up with the name and etc. Now, if a reunion happens the rest of the original guys would indeed need to sign a contract as hired hands, which I really doubt they would whatsoever.

Knowing Axl as we know him, I can't imagine the multiple clauses the contract would have. "Do this and you're fired, do that and you get sued", this would never be signed for the rest of the guys 'cause they would want to get a contract with recognition as "full members" (like in the past), and Axl would never let them do that. So, it's really hard to extrapolate the idea of "full reunion" when we know that one of the reasons why the original band broke up was the massive control from Axl's part. Like Izzy said "The man was completely nuts, he had contracts for everything and everyone".

This is the main reason (along with the big grudge between Axl and Slash) that I totally gave up the idea of a full reunion or a world tour long time ago. Unfortunately, it is what it is and we need to be happy for what we have: Axl and his band and the rest of the guys with their solo projects.

Edited by pi2loc

Like Izzy said "The man was completely nuts, he had contracts for everything and everyone".

Well.

I wouldn't say that the man was completely nuts.

I'd say he was a douche for suggesting this should be applied to the biggest band on the planet, a dickhead for suggesting they weren't equal partners since without any one of them they wouldn't have made it that far but I just came out of a business conference regarding the project I'm working on with a small videogame company and we've had that shares/rights/belonging discussion. The cold truth is that most professionals have contracts and fail-safes between them to make sure the project doesn't die whenever someone jumps the boat.

What was wrong, in that case, is that they had great chemistry behind the five of them, Axl and Izzy were childhood friends and as such, they could have, maybe, found other ways to get along or to make sure Guns n' Roses doesn't die in case something bad happens to the roster.

Axl applied to the most successful band on Earth what most professionals do between themselves.

It was wrong from an ethical point of view, but far from "nuts" as he's still making a lot of money out of this cold hearted decision twenty years after it happened.

Axl was the only one remaining from when the band was formed and the name chosen so he was right to own the name. Slash and Duff were never thrown out of the band and they signed over the band name in their willing. I understand Axl's decision to protect the name from what he felt would be a threat (members being on the verge of serious health problems, possible disband etc). I'd hate GnR being in LA Guns's situation (2 bands fighting for the same name). Imagine Steven Adler having a GnR named band today :shock:

Axl was the only one remaining from when the band was formed and the name chosen so he was right to own the name. Slash and Duff were never thrown out of the band and they signed over the band name in their willing. I understand Axl's decision to protect the name from what he felt would be a threat (members being on the verge of serious health problems, possible disband etc). I'd hate GnR being in LA Guns's situation (2 bands fighting for the same name). Imagine Steven Adler having a GnR named band today :shock:

I am pretty sure Slash and Duff weren't so willing to do this. 1) They were completely out of their minds from drugs and alchohal. 2) Didn't Axl threaten to quit the band if they didn't sign over the name?

To Axls credit, he was pissed off that the guys were f'ed up, but nobody confronted each other about this. Axl was unprofessional as hell and presented himself (And still does) in a manner that nobody wants to work with him and the other guys never confronted Axl. Both Duff and Slash said it.

Ok, heres a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR problem with reuniting the original GNR:

AXL OWNS THE NAME

which means that if they reunited Axl would have to HIRE them and they would be able to be fired by axl at any time. Essentially not full members and I don't think any of them would want to be at Axls mercy. It would be beneath them and not right. I think slash has said about this before, about them all needing to be equal members

Now, Axl is unlikely to ever give up the rights he has, since he is such a control freak, and also, since he is in the position of owning them, he would be unlikely to want to give it up for any other reason.

So there is a problem there.

This is slightly beside my main point, but i think it is a MAJOR reason, much bigger than any personal issues they all have.

Slash doesnt want to be Axls bitch, which is what he will be if he rejoins as a hired hand. The guys in axls current band dont mind being bitches because they are nobodys and are unlikely to do big tours on their own. (they also like the money)

NOW

Would on to my main question.

Would any of you that like the current band be enthusiastic about the original band reuniting and keeping the current touring band going as well (essentially axl would have two bands) and the current 'gnr' would then be called 'the axl rose band' and they can carry on, but we can also have the real gnr as well?

Would that float your boat?

Another scenario (possibly more or perhaps less likely depending on which member of old gnr's view you take)

:

The original band gets back together and the current band stays together, axl has two bands BUT

the current gnr stays with the name GUNS N ROSES

and the reunited guns n roses are called something else (I offer 'VELVET RE-LOADED' lol)

This scenario would allow them all to be equal partners again and axl would keep the gnr name.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MORE LIKELY AND WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

It has to be worth their time and money to do a reunion tour as much as it would be Axl's.

Axl's not going to have 2 bands. He'd mix it up. That doesn't mean they'd never record again - there's always unfinished tapes or box sets in the future that they may be called in for and fix in the studio.

At this point, when Axl has dedicated 15 years to GN'R after everybody else left, I don't think he is "selfish" for wanting to keep it in case of a reunion. Wouldn't it be weird to hand over rights to people who haven't been around the band for more than 15 years when you have been there every second? And of course weird for Slash and co to be employees. I acutally get both stances.

Maybe they could use some kind of short term contracts, like one tour at a time. Don't think owning the name has everything to do with others having to be employees.

Edited by Changes

There is a Spanish band called Baron Rojo,and during last years they had 2 formations,clasic formation of Baron Rojo and the actual formation of Baron Rojo.There were 2 brothers that stay in both formations,and if a festival wanted a classic formation they had to pay more money than the other.I know is weird but maybe they could make this thing,

• 2 weeks later...

I found out not long ago there are two Great White bands out there now.

Maybe they just make a new name for GNR. Could just Write RoseSlashDuffSorumIzzy as band name. Or maybe it does not matter that much look at Black Sabbath they have the same name with Ozzy or the other guy singing.

Edited by rocker rockstar