Why does Axl Rose always seem so sad in his pictures

gunnerp

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

He doesn't smile in pics, a lot of people don't. Smiles aren't to be contrived.

Smiles can also be unflattering to the appearance, perhaps this is relevant in the case of Axl.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is not really a big fan of the camera, but he does know what it means to fans to have their photo taken with him, so he is a good sport about it. I have also seen him entertain small groups of fans at the hotel where the band is staying after a gig by playing piano for them in the lobby and having a good time doing it.

You guys look way too much into some of this shit, you seem to be forgetting that Axl Rose is a human being. He doesn't really put on a persona for his fans like most rock stars, he really is himself, and if you've been a GNR fan for longer than a few years you should have figured out he only has so much of a tolerance for all the autographs and pictures.

Axl is not really a big fan of the camera, but he does know what it means to fans to have their photo taken with him, so he is a good sport about it. I have also seen him entertain small groups of fans at the hotel where the band is staying after a gig by playing piano for them in the lobby and having a good time doing it.

I would die happy if I got to experience that.

The Nutters are unbelievable.

It is part of the job. End if story. You put out music for millions of people to buy. You tour for millions of people. You make millions of dollars. Having fans is part of the job.

So u will take the 100 million dollars, bang the groupies, live the celebrity lifestyle......buy how DARE a fan ask for an autograph. The horror!!!!!!

Don't want to make millions? Don't want millions to buy your records? Don't want millions to pay $100 apiece to attend your concerts? Don't want to have to sign autographs? Then be a plumber, not a rock singer.

Just watched a documentary on metallica, a band people love to hate on here. A music reporter said they would see the band signing autographs and meeting fans for 3-4 hours after a show, and they wouldn't leave until they met every fan that was there.

Then u have Axl getting "hounded" by a group of six people and telling them to get the f*ck away from him.

No difference there in how artists treat their fans.

First logical response in this very thread. Axl sought the fame and attention. Comes with the territory now.

Thank you!

And seriously - I'm not even complaining about him not doing it. If he doesn't want to be fan friendly, it is his life/career and he can do whatever he wants. BUT a lot of celebrities who are a lot bigger than him, do treat their fans with respect, and don't mind signing autographs or taking pictures with the people who helped make them rich!!!!!

My irritant is with the Nutters who defend everything Axl does. Who say it is perfectly normal to tell your fans to get the f*ck away from them, to not sign autographs, etc. That say it is the fans fault for asking him for an autograph and what a crappy life Axl must live, to get hounded by fans when he goes out in public.

Can't put out a record - it's the label's fault

Can't put out a video - it's somebody elses fault

Can't sign an autograph - it's because the fans are rude

Can't sell out a show - it's because of the economy

Can't sell the same amount of cds as before - it's because nobody is buying cds now

YET......none of this seems to effect other bands. Who are able to put out records on a regular basis, they put out videos, they sign autographs, they sell out shows and they sell millions of cds. Weird.

Yes NOOOOOOOO other celebrity turns down his/her fans every once in a while because they're tired or anything. Geez, I've seen celebrities hitting their fans. Calling them the most ridiculous things.

You people look way to much into this.

The only thing I agree on is that some people here like to blame everybody but Axl or GN'R for some of the things that happened.

It is part of the job. End if story. You put out music for millions of people to buy. You tour for millions of people. You make millions of dollars. Having fans is part of the job.

So u will take the 100 million dollars, bang the groupies, live the celebrity lifestyle......buy how DARE a fan ask for an autograph. The horror!!!!!!

Don't want to make millions? Don't want millions to buy your records? Don't want millions to pay $100 apiece to attend your concerts? Don't want to have to sign autographs? Then be a plumber, not a rock singer.

Just watched a documentary on metallica, a band people love to hate on here. A music reporter said they would see the band signing autographs and meeting fans for 3-4 hours after a show, and they wouldn't leave until they met every fan that was there.

Then u have Axl getting "hounded" by a group of six people and telling them to get the f*ck away from him.

THIS. It reminds me of that interview Baz did awhile back where he's talking about how sometimes Axl will carry on about how things are so rough and Baz just ends up telling him " But dude, YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS! You wanted to rock..."

Now I could see getting pissed off if you're at a restaurant or something trying to eat and people are coming up to you. Some people are actually that rude when it comes to celebrities.

Metallica didn't always do that.

Baz sees things from a whole other POV because he's playing clubs and lost his home. He even tells fans on Twitter where he's going to be hanging out. I think he enjoys the interaction more than Axl does.

What's part of the job, to schmooze with the fans, pose for pics, and sign autographs? He seems to be in the mood to do it sometimes. There's people who don't do it, or say they only do it for charity. Everyone is a fan of someone, and some of them have said they would never dream of approaching their idol for an autograph. I'm sure Axl has all sorts of memorabilia given to him, including guitars from bona fide rock legends, but he prob just has it collecting dust in a storage unit. Maybe he gave that stuff to Beta & her family to have.

Fans won't hassle Axl for autographs. They're going to be polite about it. Only collectors do that "you owe us, you owe the fans" shit.

Listen to Dalsh,its truth (I need glaucoma medicine)

Newsflash: People have different personalities,some enjoy company all the time,some prefer a bit of solitude.

Before the video was removed by that pesky uzisuicidal guy,its obvious the crowd was getting out of hand.

Guess nobody here gets aggravated by ignorance of common courtesy,

I've lost my temper with family,friends,people shopping,and goddamn salespeople.

Get the Fuck outta my way,is direct,but not uncalled for.

You guys look way too much into some of this shit, you seem to be forgetting that Axl Rose is a human being. He doesn't really put on a persona for his fans like most rock stars, he really is himself, and if you've been a GNR fan for longer than a few years you should have figured out he only has so much of a tolerance for all the autographs and pictures.

Exactly Sweetness, they "anal-ize" things and events far too much.

Spelled the word that way on purpose,going to incorporate it into my vocabulary,some will actually understand that.

Nice 2 cya sweetness.

The perception of what is being dealt with may be different, though. Hence the tweet the other day from Detroit.

Ali

Agree with Ali on all counts, judging issues,and events on a surface level without being aware of underlying and extenuating circumstances is straight-up stupid as Fuck.

Writing paragraphs attempting to anal-ize a situation,that you are basically clueless about,while attempting to appear intelligent and speaking condescendingly,while attempting to polarize the board further by labelling people as "nutters" is Groghan's Territory.

I don't have a problem telling people to shut the Fuck up,or step outta my fucking way,have used that phrase on family,friends,people that annoy me,etc ,and they can count themselves lucky if that is all I say.

Guess I'm the antichrist.

^ There.

/thread

Baz sees things from a whole other POV because he's playing clubs and lost his home. He even tells fans on Twitter where he's going to be hanging out. I think he enjoys the interaction more than Axl does.

Fans won't hassle Axl for autographs. They're going to be polite about it. Only collectors do that "you owe us, you owe the fans" shit.

Baz has always been known to be cool with fans, even when Skid Row were one of the biggest bands in rock, unless you threw a bottle on stage ;)

And, you are wrong, some fans do act like complete asses and have that "you owe me" mentality when they get near a celebrity, it's not just collectors that do that shit.

Its not that he doesn't want to meet fans or that he unhappy about having to meet them

there just seems to be a general sadness about him

Why do people always think Axl is sad?! We don´t know him, we don´t know how he is and the fact that he isn´t smiling in all the pics doesn´t mean he is unhappy.

He is a human being and you guys usually tend to forget that.

Baz has always been known to be cool with fans, even when Skid Row were one of the biggest bands in rock, unless you threw a bottle on stage ;)

And, you are wrong, some fans do act like complete asses and have that "you owe me" mentality when they get near a celebrity, it's not just collectors that do that shit.

I should have said most fans, but people shouldn't be hassling someone they don't know to make demands on them. I do think if someone's never met someone famous before, they're going to overreact, and if they can't get near them, are going to get upset.

To me, if you REALLY want to be around famous people, move, find a job in the entertainment field, and make yourself irreplaceable.

What songs do you remember him playing?

The first song that made the hairs on your arm stand up was -