FULL UK TOUR SCHEDULE

bionic56

Nottingham and Birmingham for me! Gnr back to back weekends! awesome! Big night out in nottingham, book a travelodge or somethin. Big session!

Whats with the new logo design etc?

Anyone seen any tv ads for this yet - may offer some other clues? Doubtful it means much though lol

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said "go then, you can still catch the bus" to a guy along from me who was shouting "just play the fucking song I want to get home tonight" during the jam before November Rain, the guy stomped away dragging his girlfriend behind him.

I'm going to book a taxi, its no hassle, its not the cinema I'm going to its a fuckin rock concert, if it goes on all night long su-fuckin-perb rock3

It's fine if you manage to get the next day off or at least a later shift (handy for me Glasgow is a Friday night) but it can be a pain in the arse when you don't live locally (I'm in Perth and had to get the last train in 2006) and it can't be so good for folk taking bairns who will get tired standing about all night. Luckily I can crash in Glasgow now though :)

Honestly mate I'd never go to concert that far away from home and expect to catch the last train home, every concert I've been to finishes late so thats what I always plan for. Maiden played the SECC a few months after GNR and came on at 10pm and during the hour+ wait for them to come on noone uttered a word about it, just stood chatting, but when GNR come on at that time its made out to be this huge deal.

Its even worse nowadays, I've still got the reviews for the Glasgow show and nothing was mentioned about the start time, fast forward a couple of years and every reviewer for the last uk tour counts down the minutes from the last note of the support band to the first note of GNR and starts the review saying how many minutes late they are.

The problem for me is when they keep people waiting for 2-3 hours after the support band, thats real shitty, up to 1 hour is industry standard though and no biggie. I wouldnt like to see them try one of those really late starts in Glasgow on a Friday when everyone will be drunk, it will turn ugly for sure.

Deff I had a taxi home Christ knows what time I got in at, this year am taking my car saves all the hassle

A lot off people where leaving early for the trains or buses ,

Hopefully he will come on earlier this year but a doubt it lol

aye and remember him telling them to fuck off and catch your bus, nice thing to say to people that have paid for his time

aye altough i found that so funny axl the charmer :lol:

i also noticed there were alot off kids small kids aswell alot left for that as well.

Quite handy now though compared to then as the drummer in my band lives like 2 minutes walk from the end of the walkway out of the SECC so usually fine to crash at his gaff. Also my missus is in Paisley so can get the late bus there.

i live in paisley small world :lol:

As I'm now going to the Liverpool show, I'll be missing out the Manchester date this time around. It's a pain in the arse getting home because as we know Axl never comes out before 22:30, meaning I miss the last train back. I've driven the last few times I've been, which was also a pain because I couldn't drink. So Liverpool is a win/win for me because I won't have to drive, wont have to worry about trains and can have a few drinks too. :)

getting my tickets tomorow so excited rock1

I thought presale was Thursday?

Ticketmaster presale says tomorrow, but don't know if we need a password or not.

As far as I know, the pre-sale for tomorrow is for O2 priority customers (customers on the o2 network), so you would have to use a code given by them.

Best tip is just find someone you know with an O2 phone and ask them to do it for you.

my m8 works for 02 and he is a 02 customer so he is getting my tickets for us all.

02 presale starts tomorrow im just panicking incase its sold out by friday

*Should* be okay, O2 London is a very big venue, holds 15 - 20,000 in gig config I think. 2010's did sell out though, but I think it took a few days, that's why they added an additional date last time.

my m8 works for 02 and he is a 02 customer so he is getting my tickets for us all.

*Should* be okay, O2 London is a very big venue, holds 15 - 20,000 in gig config I think. 2010's did sell out though, but I think it took a few days, that's why they added an additional date last time.

am going to glasgow

am going to glasgow

Do 02 do tickets for the SECC? I thought it was TicketSoup.com, their own website? Also, the gig's not going to sell out on a presale man. That's ludicrous.

Does anyone know how these presale things work?

Are all the best seats taken through presale?

I only intend on goin to one show so will be willing to spend 4-5 times ticket value for top notch seats.

Trouble is, I'm not with American express or O2.

Anyone help me out at all?

Does anyone know how these presale things work?

Are all the best seats taken through presale?

I only intend on goin to one show so will be willing to spend 4-5 times ticket value for top notch seats.

Trouble is, I'm not with American express or O2.

Anyone help me out at all?

Im wondering the same thing with these presales. Not American express or 02, wondering how else to get in the presale, any help anyone?