Slash - You're a Lie (Full Song)

Naupis

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a bad song but it CERTAINLY does not deserve 5 stars. It's an average song. Wouldn't even be a single if it were from the last album (which was a very average album), IMO. That site's licking some serious balls there.

I think it is a perfect 3.4/5.

Edited by pi2loc

It's not a bad song but it CERTAINLY does not deserve 5 stars. It's an average song. Wouldn't even be a single if it were from the last album (which was a very average album), IMO. That site's licking some serious balls there.

You're being reasonable. I'd give it a 3/5

After listening to the song for the 20th time, I started to like the solo. :tongue2:

Edited by pi2loc

After listening to the song for the 20th time, I started to like the solo. :tongue2:

I don't really have anything against the solo apart from the way it ends. IMO, the song's biggest flaw is the chorus.

I don't really have anything against the solo apart from the way it ends. IMO, the song's biggest flaw is the chorus.

This, IMO, the solo is pretty good, actually.

Reviews are opinions. Maybe that person reviewing does think it's that good. If thats the case, it's not ball licking. You saying that makes it sound like your opinion is right and anyone that loves it is wrong. Music is subjective.

Reviews are opinions. Maybe that person reviewing does think it's that good. If thats the case, it's not ball licking. You saying that makes it sound like your opinion is right and anyone that loves it is wrong. Music is subjective.

You're right about reviews being opinions but unless the guy thinks You're a Lie deserves the same grade as songs like Nightrain, PC, SCOM, or any other legendary song that deserves 5 stars, he kinda overrated the song there. Not saying it's not a good song. It's actually a grower but let's be honest - 5 stars are for generation-defining/hit-of-the-year/artistic-masterpiece songs in my book.

Exactly.