Slash - You're a Lie (Full Song)

Naupis

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i keep pressing the replay button. song is cool as shit.

love the contrast between the verses and the chorus. love the vocal harmonies in the chorus. love the strut riff at the 20sec mark. love the solo.

way better than back from cali, imo. and i liked cali.

I'm sure they will do a Canadian tour since it went great last time around. Just wish they'd announce the dates already...

Oh yeah they'll do a Canadian leg for sure...and I'll be there again.

I'm sure they will do a Canadian tour since it went great last time around. Just wish they'd announce the dates already...

Slash loves his Canadians. He has 2 of them in his band.

Slash loves his Canadians. He has 2 of them in his band.

yeah, they were both here last week. Brent went ice fishing in Lake Manitoba with Bobby Hull and Ulf Nilson (former Winnipeg Jets)

The should do it in mid April/early May... Then I'd be able to go :tongue2:

My guess is that people think its sounds 'generic' (whatever that means - surely that's a production issue?) because Slash has generally changed his approach to riffing.

In GNR and Snakepit, his riffs that gave Slash his 'sound' tended to be note based, and therefore more melodic (Sweet Child, Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin Jive, etc etc). Now Slash seems to favour heavy, power-chord (sometimes in drop-D tuning) based riffs, which give a slightly more modern sound (Slither, in fact most of Contraband, She Builds Quick Machines, Get Out the Door, Watch This, etc). This sounds like another example of the latter approach.

LA

Edited by LA_0013

My guess is that people think its sounds 'generic' (whatever that means - surely that's a production issue?) because Slash has generally changed his approach to riffing.

In GNR and Snakepit, his riffs that gave Slash his 'sound' tended to be note based, and therefore more melodic (Sweet Child, Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin Jive, etc etc). Now Slash seems to favour heavily, power-chord (sometimes in drop-D tuning) based riffs, which give a slightly more modern sound (Slither, in fact most of Contraband, Watch This, etc). This sounds like another example of the latter approach.

LA

I wouldn't call heavy use of power chords something "modern", altough it's quite popular in modern music.

In GNR and Snakepit, his riffs that gave Slash his 'sound' tended to be note based, and therefore more melodic (Sweet Child, Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin Jive, etc etc). Now Slash seems to favour heavily, power-chord (sometimes in drop-D tuning) based riffs, which give a slightly more modern sound (Slither, in fact most of Contraband, Watch This, etc). This sounds like another example of the latter approach.

LA

I wouldn't call heavy use of power chords something "modern", altough it's quite popular in modern music.

<_<

In GNR and Snakepit, his riffs that gave Slash his 'sound' tended to be note based, and therefore more melodic (Sweet Child, Brownstone, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin Jive, etc etc). Now Slash seems to favour heavy, power-chord (sometimes in drop-D tuning) based riffs, which give a slightly more modern sound (Slither, in fact most of Contraband, She Builds Quick Machines, Get Out the Door, Watch This, etc). This sounds like another example of the latter approach.

LA

I don't t think VR sounds this generic. Not even Libertad. And it's heavy riff-based songs you got there. This song and the Slash album both sound really polished, must be that, maybe.