Slash - You're a Lie (Full Song)

Naupis

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song rocks, love the solo, I have a feeling this album is going to be better than Slash & Friends.

My only complaint about how Slash's guitar parts have changed over the years is how he does a lot less noodling during intros and verses and more power chord based riffs throughout the song. The lead guitar presence was felt much more when he was in Guns and Snakepit, now it seems as if the only lead part within the entire song is the mandatory solo after the second chorus. Meh, its just so predictable. That said, the solo itself is badass and the riff is catchy, the formula is just too expected imo :shrugs:

I guess that's what a lot of people like about hard rock though, you know exactly what you're getting into when you press play

Edited by sweetness

The song rocks, love the solo, I have a feeling this album is going to be better than Slash & Friends.

My only complaint about how Slash's guitar parts have changed over the years is how he does a lot less noodling during intros and verses and more power chord based riffs throughout the song. The lead guitar presence was felt much more when he was in Guns and Snakepit, now it seems as if the only lead part within the entire song is the mandatory solo after the second chorus. Meh, its just so predictable. That said, the solo itself is badass and the riff is catchy, the formula is just too expected imo :shrugs:

I guess that's what a lot of people like about hard rock though, you know exactly what you're getting into when you press play

Something ive definitely noticed as well. There's a lack of actual riffs sometimes, just power chords really...he really didn't use his solo album to his advantage. Some songs theres only one guitar and itll be hard panned nothing much really going on. Compare it to Locomotive, Slash has weaving guitars with a lead running on top. Hes like a one man Slash and Izzy on that tune.

I'd say the noodling's evolved into sometimes being part of the song, like the bit during the verses on this song, or the part he plays during the chorus in Ghosts...

This.

Slash is Slash.

However it translates,it's from the heart.

That's good enough for me.

ok have you guys heard this song from slash's website?

http://slashonline.com/

i don't if it's me or what but it sounds soo much better than the one from youtube... it's freaking amazin!

i know remember mentioning that when they released it to youtube it didn't sound properly mixed.. this one certainly does

probably same strategy Noel Gallagher did with If I Had A Gun a couple of months back?

Edited by dario27