Is anyone else noticed...

iftheworld

How out of shape Axl is? This is not a "Pick on Axl thread". I'm truly concerned. Looking at the Philly vids, I noticed how considerably large his stomach is. He's constantly out of breath. I was shocked to see the vid of Axl apologising to the Philly fans, not because he was apologising, but the way he looked. He seems to be having fun, but I'm worried. This isn't good for his health. Am I the only one noticing this shit. I think Axl may be the biggest I've ever seen him. If he's out of shape it'll be hard for him to fight off illnesses aka, bronchitis. To top it all off, Ron looks like he's went twelve rounds with Mike Tyson. I know the touring just started, but I think they need to take a step back and get healthy. Especially Ron. My father has a chronic back disease and he can hardly walk some days Ron needs to fix himself. He doesn't need to be standing for three plus hours holding a twenty pound guitar around his spine. I say, get healthy. Hit the R&R HOF hard. Then tour.

thoughts?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How out of shape Axl is? This is not a "Pick on Axl thread". I'm truly concerned. Looking at the Philly vids, I noticed how considerably large his stomach is. He's constantly out of breath. I was shocked to see the vid of Axl apologising to the Philly fans, not because he was apologising, but the way he looked. He seems to be having fun, but I'm worried. This isn't good for his health. Am I the only one noticing this shit. I think Axl may be the biggest I've ever seen him. If he's out of shape it'll be hard for him to fight off illnesses aka, bronchitis. To top it all off, Ron looks like he's went twelve rounds with Mike Tyson. I know the touring just started, but I think they need to take a step back and get healthy. Especially Ron. My father has a chronic back disease and he can hardly walk some days Ron needs to fix himself. He doesn't need to be standing for three plus hours holding a twenty pound guitar around his spine. I say, get healthy. Hit the R&R HOF hard. Then tour.

thoughts?

I didn't notice Axl's weight to be honest. Would be sweet if he got himself down to a lighter weight and took the vocal lessons he did back in 2006 though.

thoughts?

I didn't notice Axl's weight to be honest. Would be sweet if he got himself down to a lighter weight and took the vocal lessons he did back in 2006 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjX2R9q1iU&feature=player_embedded

Watch this from like 0:12 - 0:30. I've seen Slash with a gut but never Axl. Not like this. It's very concerning. Especially at his height, he's not going to look good with extra weight. I honestly think its 's effecting his voice. ( effecting or affecting )

I hadn't noticed. The only time I took notice of his weight was at the proshit LA gig because it looked like he lost so much weight since RIR'11. You're right. He does seem to have gotten it back.

He'll probably slim down as the tour progresses like the '11 tour. I just hope his voice improves (once he gets better).

I hadn't noticed. The only time I took notice of his weight was at the proshit LA gig because it looked like he lost so much weight since RIR'11. You're right. He does seem to have gotten it back.

He'll probably slim down as the tour progresses like the '11 tour. I just hope his voice improves (once he gets better).

Axl can improve easily. Ron however is in bad shape.

Let me ask this. Do you think Ron is afraid to stop in fear of losing his job?

I saw Axl after the show Friday night, and he looked just fine. More importantly, on stage for 3 + hours, he moved and sounded just fine. Amazing, in fact.

I can't help but be a cynic, people think GNR are better than ever but I have no idea what's going on...

The random fucking shows, it has to be about the money right?

I don't think playing the same show for the 5,000 time is really that productive

Vocally Axl isn't that great, idk, GNR are getting pretty stale..

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

Interesting. If a year where the band tours all the time, are inducted into HOF, do live streams, launches a new website, and does lots of interview while talking about hitting the studio is "nothing", then I need to ask: what do you call all the years were _literally_ nothing happened?

This is a good year. A very good year. Too bad people haven't been around long enough, or are too dense, to realize that.

Axl needs to get back in shape, first of all for himself and also for the fans or he won't be able to give them the best show.

I understand your concern considering the fact that all the show reviews complain about how Axl's normal weight completely ruins the shows and is the main cause why the collective press and audience doesn't praise the show as one of the best rock gigs to catch right now.

thoughts?

I don't know, Axl was in really good shape when I saw GNR in Argentina. Maybe he's just sick... i hope he and Ron will get better soon! :)

Axl needs to get back in shape, first of all for himself and also for the fans or he won't be able to give them the best show.

I understand your concern considering the fact that all the show reviews complain about how Axl's normal weight completely ruins the shows and is the main cause why the collective press and audience doesn't praise the show as one of the best rock gigs to catch right now.

Don't get me wrong, sure he still gives one hell of a rock show, but hey "image" was always something that people associated with Axl and in his heyday he didn't seem to mind taking advantage of that too...

And if he was fitter, would he give an even better show? Most probably...