Is anyone else noticed...

iftheworld

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

Interesting. If a year where the band tours all the time, are inducted into HOF, do live streams, launches a new website, and does lots of interview while talking about hitting the studio is "nothing", then I need to ask: what do you call all the years were _literally_ nothing happened?

This is a good year. A very good year. Too bad people haven't been around long enough, or are too dense, to realize that.

You covered that issue completely,It is a good year!

Yep, that!

Agreed.

Really, the only thing I can say at this point, and I'm not really "complaining", more of hoping, is that more stuff added to the website (pictures, live videos, more streams, a store), and the biggest of all, some news about new music in the hopeful future.

Black Sabbath I seriously owe you an open apology,I made some snarky unwarranted comments regarding ur Black Sabbath/Ozzy collection you display in your room,If I could have,I would have had plastered posters of my favorite groups all over my walls as well.

I don't remember that, but I accept your apology :lol:

Anyway, I'll keep hoping for new music until we get something, but it's going to be hard to drop hundreds of dollars on any more shows unless something changes, regardless of how awesome the shows are or how much I love Axl and this band.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had high hopes for 2012, looks like it's just gonna be another year of nothing

Interesting. If a year where the band tours all the time, are inducted into HOF, do live streams, launches a new website, and does lots of interview while talking about hitting the studio is "nothing", then I need to ask: what do you call all the years were _literally_ nothing happened?

This is a good year. A very good year. Too bad people haven't been around long enough, or are too dense, to realize that.

You covered that issue completely,It is a good year!

Yep, that!

Agreed.

Really, the only thing I can say at this point, and I'm not really "complaining", more of hoping, is that more stuff added to the website (pictures, live videos, more streams, a store), and the biggest of all, some news about new music in the hopeful future.

Black Sabbath I seriously owe you an open apology,I made some snarky unwarranted comments regarding ur Black Sabbath/Ozzy collection you display in your room,If I could have,I would have had plastered posters of my favorite groups all over my walls as well.

I don't remember that, but I accept your apology :lol:

Anyway, I'll keep hoping for new music until we get something, but it's going to be hard to drop hundreds of dollars on any more shows unless something changes, regardless of how awesome the shows are or how much I love Axl and this band.

Understood,the US economy is in dire straits,and people are going to be thinking about gas prices,airfare and getting felt up before being allowed on plane, the illusions tour started before the Album was released,I was at a lot of shows in 1991 and had a fucking blast!

Having a good time this year too !

How out of shape Axl is? This is not a "Pick on Axl thread". I'm truly concerned. Looking at the Philly vids, I noticed how considerably large his stomach is. He's constantly out of breath. I was shocked to see the vid of Axl apologising to the Philly fans, not because he was apologising, but the way he looked. He seems to be having fun, but I'm worried. This isn't good for his health. Am I the only one noticing this shit. I think Axl may be the biggest I've ever seen him. If he's out of shape it'll be hard for him to fight off illnesses aka, bronchitis. To top it all off, Ron looks like he's went twelve rounds with Mike Tyson. I know the touring just started, but I think they need to take a step back and get healthy. Especially Ron. My father has a chronic back disease and he can hardly walk some days Ron needs to fix himself. He doesn't need to be standing for three plus hours holding a twenty pound guitar around his spine. I say, get healthy. Hit the R&R HOF hard. Then tour.

thoughts?

so anyway..dont worry about it. Thats a really cool picture in your sig. I like the lightning effects etc. Focus on the music. Listen to Chinese D on 180 gram Vinyl on a good stereo and that is something worth discussing. He's whatever yrs old and doing 3 hour shows all --year n --all over the world. Try and sing some of those songs beginning to end and its a very intersting subject. If most singers sang like him and say Brian Johnson, they would eventually be out of breath too. Oh well whatever ----Nevermind.

Edited by RECKLESS

I'm having a difficult time deciding who I dislike more.

Bonjovi or Brett michaels.

I feel Bon Jovi is more musically gifted than Bret Michael's.

But I like Bret's music more, and I like Bret as a person. He's super chill and he's a really nice guy.

Edited by Chloe

But I like Bert's music more, and I like Bret as a person. He's super chill and he's a really nice guy.

Bert - :laugh:

Edited by Black Sabbath

But I like Bert's music more, and I like Bret as a person. He's super chill and he's a really nice guy.

Anyone seen him lately without that bandana and/hat?

I never liked Poison,still don't.

Hate bonjovi seperately and equally for totally different reasons.

What in the name of Gawd has Bert done with Ernie? :laugh:

Today is Jon Bon Jovi's 50th birthday and it is amazing how drastically different the two 80's era front men are in 2012.

One is in very good shape, is a respected businessman, has managed to continue to put out music, is a devoted family man (still married to his high school sweetheart), and is considered a genuine good guy by almost everyone........... and at the other extreme we have........ AXL.

I'm not bashing, I am a huge Guns n' Roses fan but Axl needs to stop blaming everyone else for every little thing that goes wrong in his life and take responsibility for the things he can control. Axl was the better talent but Jon is the better human being.

Bon jovi what?

Axl sound 10000x better than him and axl didn't evade parts of the songs like john

Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgaeeWmyDY&feature=related

What a terrible example to back up your claim. Axl is like a god compared to Jovi in this video. Jovi's voice is terrible and he barely moves around. Axl moves around(maybe not like in the 90's but still) more than Jovi and his voice supersedes him. Jovi sounds like a drunk dude singing karaoke here.

There is no denying that Jovi is a more savvy business man and is 'safer'. Axl has burnt alot of people in the past and has done some stupid things for sure. But in terms of showmanship. Not many hold a candle to him, he is cut from a different piece of cloth. As for the devoted family man thing, who gives a toss about that? Does that equate to being a great showman? Does that equate to the music being better? Jovi does alot of things better than Axl I will admit(putting out more albums, interviews, tours, their website is fucken excellent too) but in terms is pure music and live shows, I'll take Axls boot over a Bon Jovi show, anyday of the week.

Agreed!

Putting out those shitty pop songs with no inspiration at all? Id take CD tour reloaded instead.

To each his own. I hate Coldplay and Nikki Minaj but millions of people love them.

I'm not their audience though. They put out music that their fans love......just like bj does. Not sure people are so offended by that.

I also can't believe that GnR fans are happy and satisfied with one album in the last 20 years from Axl, and they prefer 14 songs from him rather than having 60-70 songs from him.

Me personally? I'm a die-hard Axl fan. I would much rather have 70 songs from Axl on my ipod than 14. Buy like I said. Whatever floats your boat.

Anyone seen him lately without that bandana and/hat?

I never liked Poison,still don't.

Hate bonjovi seperately and equally for totally different reasons.

What in the name of Gawd has Bert done with Ernie? :laugh:

Whoops! I meant Bret! :P

Fucking autocorrect.

Putting out those shitty pop songs with no inspiration at all? Id take CD tour reloaded instead.

I also can't believe that GnR fans are happy and satisfied with one album in the last 20 years from Axl, and they prefer 14 songs from him rather than having 60-70 songs from him.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but I think he meant that he/she would prefer 14 songs from Axl rather than 60-70 songs by someone like Bon Jovi. I think all of us would like way more songs from Axl, there is no question about that. The only people I can think of that would not like new songs by the current GnR would the fans for whom the band ended back in 1994.

Edited by KiraMPD

I don’t think Axl’s at an unacceptable mass at all – didn’t even consider it until OP made the claim. He’s not Appetite lean or UYI buff; he’s had a lot of Chinese. So what.

I personally think when you are famous and have that much money you have no excuse to be fat.. They have plenty of money to get a personal trainer. Age is no excuse either. The guys in Aerosmith are in their 60's, The Stones are in their 70's. Guaranteed his health effects his voice and ability to sing. He is out of breath the whole time like Vince Neil. The whole world will be watching the HOF if they play. It will be a shame if Axl is a fat out of breath mess that sounds like Mickey Mouse.

I don’t think Axl’s at an unacceptable mass at all – didn’t even consider it until OP made the claim. He’s not Appetite lean or UYI buff; he’s had a lot of Chinese. So what.

I personally think when you are famous and have that much money you have no excuse to be fat.. They have plenty of money to get a personal trainer. Age is no excuse either. The guys in Aerosmith are in their 60's, The Stones are in their 70's. Guaranteed his health effects his voice and ability to sing. He is out of breath the whole time like Vince Neil. The whole world will be watching the HOF if they play. It will be a shame if Axl is a fat out of breath mess that sounds like Mickey Mouse.

10513a53-f980-41fb-b619-9ba0525a0e0a.jpg

Edited by Flayer

10513a53-f980-41fb-b619-9ba0525a0e0a.jpg

Dude, he can be slim if he wants to.but it seems like he doesn't care.His vocals have nothing to do with him being fat, we are talking about two different things. he can be 400kg it won't matter, if he has his voice it's all Ok with me ,because the guy is a singer not a model. He has to sing good not look good.

Axl is the fattest I've ever seen him at the moment. He's got a massive gut. I'd like to see him prepare for tours and not using the tours as warm ups (voice and fitness wise).

This would be cool. I cringe at the first few months of a new tour because most of the time he is very under prepared. Like the 2009-early 2010 shows where it was painful to listen to or the Mickey Mouse of 2011...

Axl is the fattest I've ever seen him at the moment. He's got a massive gut. I'd like to see him prepare for tours and not using the tours as warm ups (voice and fitness wise).

This would be cool. I cringe at the first few months of a new tour because most of the time he is very under prepared. Like the 2009-early 2010 shows where it was painful to listen to or the Mickey Mouse of 2011...

They should name the next tour (probably next year) 'The Rehearsal World Tour'.

Way too disrespectful.

Right. He's the one being disrespectful.

Dude he's giving the fans the ultimate slap in the face. I'm just calling him on it. If he wants to turn up obviously completely unprepared, he's going to cop some flack. And so he should.

25796.jpg

There are alot of people here that are accepting Axls mediocreness this year. Not me. The dude's out of shape and he obviously doesn't prep himself to sing anymore. I've seen Cher concerts on TV that look more prepared. But hey, I'm the bad guy here attacking how out of shape and lazy he is. Shame on me for loving the band so much. It disgusts me how Axl doesn't take himself or this band seriously. He's got the best lineup in the world right now and doesn't even care enough to prep for it. Oh but hey, "Don't Worry. I'll get better as the tour progresses. All of you shows that catch me early in the tour, bad luck for you."

I love you Axl. Straighten the fuck up.