Please keep Ron in your thoughts...

The Glow Inc.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, that final bow at the end of the video was heartbreaking...

Not that I know or have any clue about what he's going through atm but I really hope someone can help with what he has ( even though he suggested that it's not fixable unfortunately... ).

Once again, it's none of my business and I really, REALLY appreciate the kind of efforts and sacrifices he makes for this band and the fans, but I just hope that he does it for other reasons than *just* the fans, Axl, his contract.

I just fear that someday he might not be able to play again if he continues to tour like that and that would really suck because like him or hate him, his playing is something unique and losing that would be a terrible loss ( besides the fact that he's a very good person and I'd hate for him to give up ).

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Whats Axl say at the end? "Thanks for hanging in there with us, talking politics from yesteryear, hope to see you sooner rather then later" <----------- is that right? Also Ron is a fucking trooper, always has been. It's strange to me that he agreed to these tour dates as fucked up as he is. I hope he didn't have his hand forced.

Whats Axl say at the end? "Thanks for hanging in there with us, talking politics from yesteryear, hope to see you sooner rather then later" <----------- is that right? Also Ron is a fucking trooper, always has been. It's strange to me that he agreed to these tour dates as fucked up as he is. I hope he didn't have his hand forced.

Think it was "again my apologies for yesteryear".

Poor Ron, I don't know why DJ did that. It was obvious Ron was in a bad way & I really admire him for getting up there when he could to play. He's such a nice man, I hope he gets some help to somehow fix his pain & there's no further risk to do more damage. Poor man. :(

Hopefully they can set Bumble up on a nice comfy chair (or whatever feels best) back with Dizzy or something so he can get through Atlanta and Orlando. Axl can then just make an announcement after the first couple of songs as to what's going on, etc. and it should be fine. I expect most people would appreciate the effort and dedication just to be there so the shows could carry on. Thereafter Bumble clearly needs to shut it down for awhile before Europe- and everyone in the GN'R camp needs to just accept that (i.e. STOP booking UCAP shows)...

Hopefully they can set Bumble up on a nice comfy chair (or whatever feels best) back with Dizzy or something so he can get through Atlanta and Orlando. Axl can then just make an announcement after the first couple of songs as to what's going on, etc. and it should be fine. I expect most people would appreciate the effort and dedication just to be there so the shows could carry on.

This!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think it’s rather insensitive of the camp to continue to book new UCAP shows. It’s been a memorable run; now allow Bumblefoot some time to chill out in advance of the Euro shows behind the next album.

Problem:

Best guitarist in the band has big time problems and is in so much pain he can barely stand.

Solution:

Stop booking all these last minuite shows and do what the fans and everyone in the band (cept Axl) wants,

FINISH and PUT OUT A RECORD.

I am very surprized Axl keeps booking these shows knowing how much pain Bfoot is in.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

I think it’s rather insensitive of the camp to continue to book new UCAP shows. It’s been a memorable run; now allow Bumblefoot some time to chill out in advance of the Euro shows behind the next album.

Maybe Axl knows more about the courage and heart of Ron Thal than we do. Maybe Axl's a good coach, pushing his team members to fight through the pain and achieve great things. Ron's a big boy. If he's too hurt to play, he can take care of those things. Until then, however, let's just show mad support and love! If Ron's gotta go out, at least he's going to go out playing the best album ever with the best band ever.

Ron rules! GNR forever!

If he's too hurt to play, he can take care of those things.

I know what you mean but in Philly he was absolutely too hurt to play ( sat in a corner for a few songs, only played the most important parts and the solos, went backstage for a while etc... ).

I just hope he doesn't push himself too far ( if he hasn't already ) because he's a very dedicated musician.

Those who have seen some of his livestreams know what I mean : he insisted several times on how much music means to him, how it is his "salvation" etc...and I just fear that he's doing these shows partly because he's afraid of what he'd become if he wasn't a musician, on that stage.

I'm not judging him at all, he's my favourite musician and the reason I got serious about learning guitar ten years ago, I'm just worried...

And I know he hates that we are worried so much about him but I can't help feeling it's wrong that he pushes himself like that.

Maybe he was told that the pain cannot be fixed so he made a conscious decision to keep going and to do what he does until he cannot anymore, like he suggested in some of his message, I don't know...

One can only hope that he gets eventually better.

If he's too hurt to play, he can take care of those things.

I know what you mean but in Philly he was absolutely too hurt to play ( sat in a corner for a few songs, only played the most important parts and the solos, went backstage for a while etc... ).

I just hope he doesn't push himself too far ( if he hasn't already ) because he's a very dedicated musician.

Those who have seen some of his livestreams know what I mean : he insisted several times on how much music means to him, how it is his "salvation" etc...and I just fear that he's doing these shows partly because he's afraid of what he'd become if he wasn't a musician, on that stage.

I'm not judging him at all, he's my favourite musician and the reason I got serious about learning guitar ten years ago, I'm just worried...

And I know he hates that we are worried so much about him but I can't help feeling it's wrong that he pushes himself like that.

Maybe he was told that the pain cannot be fixed so he made a conscious decision to keep going and to do what he does until he cannot anymore, like he suggested in some of his message, I don't know...

One can only hope that he gets eventually better.

Maybe some muscle relaxers and medical marijuana could help.