TSI: Inside in the "the worst albums of great bands"

auad

]When I first heard on the radio, some days before the album became available, Ain't It Fun, I knew I was listening to a classic track. It still rates as one of my favourite Guns N'Roses songs ever, even if it's a cover. Its so raw, and real. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEArS2gtYGQ

One my favourites also actually, though I tend to forget it. Axl's voice in that song is just so raw and real, as you put it. And the guitar.. Love that song!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I Dont Have You- cool version, fun, different, liked it

Raw Power- good energy, good listen, but usually skipped it

Down on the Farm- love it

Human Being- REALLY LOVE IT - Axl's performance is amazing- the song rocks, drumming at end is cool

Ain't it Fun- REALLY LOVE IT - another killer track

Buick Makane- cool song, dig Slash singing

Black Leather/Hair of the Dog- kinda entertaining, its Axl, so its gotta be good

and thats just off the top of my head...the album is great IMO. Human Being really rocks.

I'd give TSI a vote for worst album title and worst album cover and I think that sways a lot of people. When your flipping through the cd bins and pass that cover it doesn't exactly jump out at you. Music wise I have to say that I've grown to really like over half the tracks on there, upon first listen though I only dug "Since I Don't Have You", and "Ain't It Fun". And as for why CD wasn't listed, If this was a list by Classic Rock magazine they gave Chinese a 8 out of 10 rating and called it one of the best albums that year. So they would be quite hypocritical.

Edited by uzi your illusion

Honestly I would take St. Anger over Kill 'em All anytime, but that's just my opinion of course.

I don't mind Sweet Amber and parts of St Anger, Frantic and Some Kind of Monste but KEA is full of classics! Jump in the Fire, Hit the Lights, Metal Militia, Seek and Destroy, Four Horsemen, No Remorse...

The second I saw this list included The Doors - Other Voices and Scott Weiland - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, this list lost all credibility to me. Other Voices had some really cool tracks like I'm Horny, I'm Stoned, Tightrope Ride, Variety Is the Spice of Life, and In the Eye of the Sun. The whole album was really cool, but critics like this article just hate it because Jim wasn't on it. Even without Jim, The Doors were still one hell of a band. If you put Jim on that album, people would love it more than Waiting for the Sun or Soft Parade (my fave Doors album).

Plus them saying that Scott Weiland's Christmas album was bad is completely absurd. You have go into listening to the album as if it is simply a Christmas album. Nearly every review said that it was an amazing album, and Scott sounds great on it as always. If you give it a try, you'll realize it's something special. It's the only Christmast CD I play in my car regularly.

TSI is such a cool album too that is just pure punk rock. It might be their worse album, but that's because all their other albums are legendary.

The X Factor? What the fuck? TXF was a fantastic album, better than either Di'Anno album, Virtual XI, and Dance of Death AT LEAST. Bruce Dickinson is my favorite singer, but that doesn't mean the first album he leaves is automatically the worst. TXF might even be better than Bruce's last two albums before leaving Maiden (and those are some fine albums once you get past the awful production).

I realize this is all subjective, but TXF just doesn't seem to be getting a fair shake. It's got some really cool stuff. Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies, Man on the Edge, The Aftermath, Blood on the World's Hands, 2 AM, The Unbeliever... There isn't a bad song on it. It's certainly a shift in atmosphere, but it's really cool once you get accustomed to it, really, it is.

Bob Dylan – Dylan and The Dead (1989)

Queen – Hot Space (1982)

Mick Jagger – Primitive Cool (1987)

Rolling Stones – Dirty Work (1986)

Aerosmith – Just Push Play (2001)

Bon Jovi – This Left Feels Right (2003)

Metallica – St Anger (2003)

Lou Reed & Metallica – Lulu (2011)

Great picks! I like all these artists and all these albums are indeed utter crap.

I'm not saying they don't have some strong songs on them, but as an album they're crap.

I don't think TSI is that bad, but certainly not great either. It is by far the worst GnR album.

The X Factor? What the fuck? TXF was a fantastic album, better than either Di'Anno album, Virtual XI, and Dance of Death AT LEAST. Bruce Dickinson is my favorite singer, but that doesn't mean the first album he leaves is automatically the worst. TXF might even be better than Bruce's last two albums before leaving Maiden (and those are some fine albums once you get past the awful production).

I realize this is all subjective, but TXF just doesn't seem to be getting a fair shake. It's got some really cool stuff. Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies, Man on the Edge, The Aftermath, Blood on the World's Hands, 2 AM, The Unbeliever... There isn't a bad song on it. It's certainly a shift in atmosphere, but it's really cool once you get accustomed to it, really, it is.

TXF was a fantastic album[2]

Bob Dylan – Dylan and The Dead (1989)

Queen – Hot Space (1982)

Mick Jagger – Primitive Cool (1987)

Rolling Stones – Dirty Work (1986)

Aerosmith – Just Push Play (2001)

Bon Jovi – This Left Feels Right (2003)

Metallica – St Anger (2003)

Lou Reed & Metallica – Lulu (2011)

Great picks! I like all these artists and all these albums are indeed utter crap.

I'm not saying they don't have some strong songs on them, but as an album they're crap.

I don't think TSI is that bad, but certainly not great either. It is by far the worst GnR album.

It is by far the worst GnR album[2]

Dirty Work, in my opinion is a great album.

The list is BS.

Squeeze by the Velvet Underground was released when none of the original members were still in the band and only one of the original replacements was left. So essentially, not a Velvet Underground album at all. Not sure how you can compare one completely different set of musicians to another when all they share is a common name.

Like Axl leaving GnR and then saying an album by the new band was comparable to Appetite to Chinese era work.

I hate poor quality control on lists like that.

The list is BS.

Squeeze by the Velvet Underground was released when none of the original members were still in the band and only one of the original replacements was left. So essentially, not a Velvet Underground album at all. Not sure how you can compare one completely different set of musicians to another when all they share is a common name.

Like Axl leaving GnR and then saying an album by the new band was comparable to Appetite to Chinese era work.

I hate poor quality control on lists like that.

Tell it to the classic rock magazine team.

I'm pissed. Why are they putting down The legendary Michael Bolton's Soul Provider?

Indeed.The list means nothing.

Hello! always a pleasure to have their significant contributions here! hugs.