Slask and Kimi

silverarrow

Räikkönen to feature on Top Gear

Formula 1 returnee Kimi Räikkönen will feature on Top Gear next weekend, taking part in the final episode of the programme's eighteenth series. The Lotus driver will be joined on the show by former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist Slash (Saul Hudson).

The 32-year-old Finn, who has claimed 18 race victories and a world title during his F1 career to date, will be battling to outpace a host of current on-track rivals who have previously taken on the challenge of being the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car'.

Reigning Champion Sebastian Vettel is currently the fastest man on the F1 board, with the German setting a time of 1:44.0 last year. The episode, including Räikkönen's lap in the Suzuki Liana, will be aired on BBC2 at 8pm BST on Sunday 11 March.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be unusual to have 2 people do a lap of the test track. If Kimi's there my guess he'll bedoing the driving. If Slash is there, my guess, he'll drive too. I guess Kimi will plug his return to F1, and Slash will plug his new album. I wonder if they'll dig out the November Rain video, as Slash does some driving during that video. Based on what's been preported, Kimi's return to F1 driving the Lotus could be him on the Podium. Lets hope so :thumbsup:

Edited by vaida

Guest RonMexico82

Slash played a version of Jessica by the Allman Brothers on the show as they use it as their intro music.

Edited by RonMexico82

Season 18 Episode 7 of 7

In the conclusion of the show's 18th series, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover if they can go motor racing for less than it costs to play golf. There is also a double helping of guests, with rock star Slash and F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen - who has returned to the grid after two years in other motor sports - taking to the track in Reasonably Priced Cars. Meanwhile, Richard gets behind the wheel of the new BMW M5, which is powered by a twin-turbo V8 engine instead of the high-revving V10 of its predecessor. Last in the series

The show airs tonight on BBC2 8:00pm GMT.

I don't think I'll be able to watch it cuz I'll be at work but I have set my TV to record it (and if it doesn't then there is always bbc iplayer...).

Edited by KiraMPD

Slash is on now. So that is the album cover (see my sig). He has the album (fan pack) with him. He seems kinda nervous.

He done a lap of the Top Gear track. His time 1.49.8 (faster than Alice Cooper)

Edit: ..and he performed the Top Gear theme tune at the end of the show while standing on a car - haha :thumbsup:

Edited by vaida