Slask and Kimi

silverarrow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the show.....you just have to think....on one side there may be a dark side to Slash...which all the kids on here kick off over. But watching that, he seemed so down to earth, it was fucking awesome. Yes the end was rather cliché......but my god it's better to be watching the man out there in the public eye.

Slash is a media whore.

He even looked like he couldnt be fucked with it all. passionate performance......

So because he "looked" like he didn't like doing it he is a media whore? Looks can be decieving, who is to say he didn't like doing it?

Slash is a media whore.

Who gives a fuck? Shows he doesn't take himself too seriously. Show's he isn't a pretentious twat or music snob. He just likes to play his fucking guitar, whoever it's with.

He just likes to play his guitar... for money and attention so he can sell his "brand" and "image," and continue to associate himself with Guns n Roses even though he sold out the name to Axl a long time ago. trollolol

Slash is a media whore.

He even looked like he couldnt be fucked with it all. passionate performance......

FUCK.

You can look at in 2 respects.

One, get a constant stream of content from a good artist.....yet you fucking sit on your computer and bash it.

Or completely rim another that is doing very little in regards to the public eye.

WHY NOT LIKE BOTH?

Edited by SMG

Slash is a media whore.

Who gives a fuck? Shows he doesn't take himself too seriously. Show's he isn't a pretentious twat or music snob. He just likes to play his fucking guitar, whoever it's with.

He just likes to play his guitar... for money and attention so he can sell his "brand" and "image," and continue to associate himself with Guns n Roses even though he sold out the name to Axl a long time ago. trollolol

So what? He was a major part of Guns N Roses during the time they became the biggest rock band in the world. He wrote most of their riffs and almost all of their solos. The same riffs and solos being played day after day, night after night by Disc Jockey Ashba and the rest.

Yep, he sold the right to the name Guns N Roses to Axl, who forced it upon him, Duff and Izzy. Doesn't mean he can't associate himself with the old GnR songs he was a major part in creating. He has every right to do so, just as much right as Axl.

Slash plays guitar. What do guitarists do? Play music with other people. Trying to gauge his intentions for why he plays with other people is just silly, especially when people try to speak for why he goes out and plays music using the term "media whore"

Edited by WhazUp

Slash is a media whore.

So what? He was a major part of Guns N Roses during the time they became the biggest rock band in the world. He wrote most of their riffs and almost all of their solos. The same riffs and solos being played day after day, night after night by Disc Jockey Ashba and the rest.

Yep, he sold the right to the name Guns N Roses to Axl, who forced it upon him, Duff and Izzy. Doesn't mean he can't associate himself with the old GnR songs he was a major part in creating. He has every right to do so, just as much right as Axl.

"Forced it upon him?" Supposing this is true (which Axl disputes vigorously), shouldn't Slash have fought for what he loved, instead of giving it up?

Also, you may want to brush up on GnR history, because some might argue Izzy wrote a lot of their riffs too, especially some of the tastiest ones.

Alas, we digress. I hope Slash has fun on top gear. Word on the street is he might break out the sparkly sequinned top hat to make it really special.

Slash is a media whore.

"Forced it upon him?" Supposing this is true (which Axl disputes vigorously), shouldn't Slash have fought for what he loved, instead of giving it up?

Also, you may want to brush up on GnR history, because some might argue Izzy wrote a lot of their riffs too, especially some of the tastiest ones.

Alas, we digress. I hope Slash has fun on top gear. Word on the street is he might break out the sparkly sequinned top hat to make it really special.

It's been done. No sparkly top hat....just a great watch with good vibes. It seems to me that if people have a beef with Slash they jsut mention the catastrophe that was the Superbowl show..........REALLY? If you want to be picky first take into account in the times your little bitch daddy Rose has fucked up?

I like both of them. But fucking hell people that just bash Slash need to get their head checked.

Just watched it. His lap time (1.49.80) was disappointing but the performance of Jessica wasn't!

Also...

Jeremy: So it’s called “apocalyptic Love”?

Slash: It’s the title of one of the songs on the record and it’s basically, sort of a tong-n-cheek thing about, you know, sexual relations on the eve of the apocalypse.

Jeremy: :o

Slash: Well, you’d like to get one in before you... liil: )’

:rofl-lol:

Suddenly the album name doesn't seem that lame anymore... :lol:

Slash is a media whore.

Whats wrong you upset because he is actually making music and promoting himself?

Axl never did a volkswagon commercial. You see, that's why I have a problem with Slash going on top gear. ; )

No you just have a problem with Slash period.

Slash is a media whore.

So Slash and Duff telling almost exactly the same story means it's a lie? Axl gave them an ultimatum, sign over the right to the GnR name to him or he would refuse to play. I highly recommend you read Duff's book.

Here is the part from Duff's book about singing the right to the name over to Axl:

On July 5, 1993, we all rendezvoused in Barcelona for a huge outdoor show at the Olympic Stadium. Axl came in from Venice. I returned from a

visit with Linda to the Spanish island of Ibiza. Slash was already in Barcelona.

After Suicidal Tendencies and Brian May had played their opening sets, our manager, Doug Goldstein, sent an oddly formal request to see me

and Slash before the show. This was unusual.

When Slash and I arrived at the vibe room, one of the tour managers was sitting there waiting for us. The guy was clutching some papers. He put

a slim stack of pages down in front of each of us. I leafed through it. It was a legal document giving Axl the right to continue to play as Guns N’

Roses even if either Slash or I—or both of us—were not part of it. Though it didn’t affect our status as shareholders in the operation, Axl and Axl

alone would control the name if we signed this agreement.

“What the fuck?” I said.

“Look, man,” the tour manager said. “The truth is, you guys are not in good shape—you know that yourselves. If one of you dies, nobody wants to

have to spend years in court battling your families or whatever.”

That was not what it said, however. There was nothing about death in these documents.

With the crowd outside already getting rowdy, the guy then implied Axl wouldn’t go onstage that night unless we signed the documents.

I pictured people getting hurt if a riot started—at least that was my fear. And I was so fucking exhausted—it felt as I though I’d been dragging a

house around behind me for the last two years. Besides, at the time I never thought GN’R could possibly exist without us. The idea seemed

ridiculous. And in that case, maybe the documents didn’t need to be fixed?

Fuck it.

I signed. So did Slash.

Guns N’ Roses—the trademark now owned by Axl—took the stage.

The next day, I grabbed Doug Goldstein on the tarmac at the airport. I had woken up really upset about what had happened the previous night.

Slash and I shouldn’t have signed those papers. But management wouldn’t let the whole thing go forward anyway. Right? I shouted at Doug, saying

he needed to fix things.

“Look, Duff,” he said, “you’re a smart guy. I manage Guns N’ Roses.”

“Yeah, I know, Doug. And that’s why we have to—”

“No, you’re not getting it. I manage Guns N’ Roses.”

“Are you trying to tell me you manage the name Guns N’ Roses?”

I was still a member of the band. Not a paid hand. Slash and I still had the same equity stake as before. We had just relinquished control of the

name.

Doug looked at me with no expression.

“You manage the guy who owns the name Guns N’ Roses—is that where you’re going, Doug?”

He shrugged. That was where he was going.

I was apoplectic with rage. I couldn’t even speak.

FYI - in case you haven't read the book - Duff has a lot of positive things to say about Axl, and takes his share of the blame for things that went wrong during those days, so it isn't an Axl bashing book by any means.

Read/listen to the few interview Izzy has given since he left, and it is clear as daylight that he left mainly because of Axl's dictatorial attitude, going onstage excessively late etc etc. Him being sober (and most of the other guys still being drug/drink addicts) was also part of it.

Here is what Izzy said in an interview in 2001:

...the power went to this guy's (Axl's) head. I mean, he was a fucking monster! Nuts! Crazy!

"And I never saw it coming. I mean, this is my side of it, he'd probably say I'm completely fucking crazy, but I think he went power mad. Suddenly he was trying to control everything. Did you ever see those fucked up contracts for the journalists to sign?" he asks, referring to notorious 'consent forms' that Axl foolishly tried to foist on the media in 1991.

"The control issue just became worse and worse and eventually it filtered down to the band. He was trying to draw up contracts for everybody! And this guy, he's not a Harvard graduate, Axl. He's just a guy, just a little guy, who sings, is talented. But man, he turned into this fucking maniac. And I did, too, but it was a different kind of maniac. I was paranoid about the business aspect - I was the one freaking out going, 'Where's all the money?'"

"For [Axl] the money wasn't as big a deal. But he had this power thing where he wanted complete control. And you can say, well, it goes back to your fucked up childhood where his dad used to smack him around, you know, and he had no control, so now he's getting it back. But it's like, it's still kooky, you know? You don't have to have everybody signing stuff."

When Axl finally gave his old school friend a contract to sign, it was the final straw. "This is right before I left - demoting me to some lower position. They were gonna cut my percentage of royalties down. I was like 'Fuck you! I've been there from day one, why should I do that? Fuck you. I'll go play the Whiskey'. That's what happened. It was utterly insane."

How does he feel though knowing it's (Chinese Democracy) being said as a Guns N' Roses album?

"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses. I think all the fans [know that]. It's not even right that he uses the name, because he's the only guy

. I think ultimately it's gonna work agaist him because people are gonna say fuck you, wanker - that's what they'll call him here, right? 'You fucking wanker, that's not Guns N' Roses!' Hopefully, the maniac's good, cos if the music isn't good then he's gonna get the double-whammy..."

Edited by Original GNR

Guest gunns5

Why is this thread even in this section ?

It ain't gnr news or discussion and it's just causin the old axl v slash hate battle