Could anybody does explain when began enmity between Axl and Bon Jovi and real reason?

Lucky girl

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to know but it's been years since I remember hearing about it. I think it had something to do with someone mocking Axl for having Bon Jovi looking hair (as seen in the video for Welcome to the Jungle). I guess this bothered Axl as he's never been a fan and quickly stopped using so much hairspray to avoid the comparison. I know there's more to it but I really can't recall. It was a long time ago. I know Bon Jovi bitched about Axl a few years ago for getting more attention than what Jovi felt Axl deserved.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it.

I use to know but it's been years since I remember hearing about it. I think it had something to do with someone mocking Axl for having Bon Jovi looking hair (as seen in the video for Welcome to the Jungle). I guess this bothered Axl as he's never been a fan and quickly stopped using so much hairspray to avoid the comparison. I know there's more to it but I really can't recall. It was a long time ago. I know Bon Jovi bitched about Axl a few years ago for getting more attention than what Jovi felt Axl deserved.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not worried about this, just my curious mind.

I read this interview

I knew were things in the past but i never had understood

So i hope Axl send a happy 50th birthday for Bon Jovi :D

Well i would have thought Axl would not want to be compared to Bon Jovi in anyway, I certainly would not, Bon jovi has done amazing, but he appeals to a diferent audience than Axl would want to, or any other proper rock n roll star would. Bon jovi is lame as hell, the music is just boring dreary love bullshit, yuk !! it's aimed at love sick teenage girls.

Edited by bionic56

Ya, Bon Jovi is so lame.

They consistently put out albums, videos, perform live on/at events (award shows, tv talk shows, etc), tour, and keep their fans updated on what their future plans are. Plus, John is well known for donating a ton of money to charity.

Axl maybe a better singer than John Bon Jovi, but JBJ blows Axl away on how to run a band and how to treat fans of a band.

Never liked him. Funny how people bitch about Axl's voice, yet Axl always hits the notes, especially at the end of Rocket Queen, where as this guy leaves the glory notes for the audience!

Like watching a cover band at your grandma's 90th , next they will be playing bingo halls accross the nation. Kinda answers the topic, why would any rock star agree with that video.

Well i would have thought Axl would not want to be compared to Bon Jovi in anyway, I certainly would not, Bon jovi has done amazing, but he appeals to a diferent audience than Axl would want to, or any other proper rock n roll star would. Bon jovi is lame as hell, the music is just boring dreary love bullshit, yuk !! it's aimed at love sick teenage girls.

In the 80's this comparison was normal but nowadays i dont see why.

Like did you say the both publics are different

I not biggest bon jovi fã but i like some his old songs

Normally people argue over shit things when were younger forever without reason so i tell i would like see Axl sing with another singers and i think Bon Jovi could be a good double for remember the past

PS: Sorry for my english mistakes.

it's ok. Bon jovi is a very good artist if you like that sort of stuff. And i agree he is great to his fans and all that. But honestly feel the way i do because he does too much. There is a good saying "Little is more" That's why i still love Axl, he always has kept us guessing.

To answer your point, i just think they are two different people, totally opposite in thought what a true rock star should be about. It's like in real life, would i get along with a family man who goes to bed by 10 everynight, god never !

Like I said in another topic, I've seen Bon Jovi 7 times and I like their music untill the album Crush. They became way too commercial imo.

Met the guys once, and they are very kind.

Ain't it fun? A Guns addict that went to Bon Jovi 7 times :tongue2:;)

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

Like I said in another topic, I've seen Bon Jovi 7 times and I like their music untill the album Crush. They became way too commercial imo.

Met the guys once, and they are very kind.

Ain't it fun? A Guns addict that went to Bon Jovi 7 times :tongue2:;)

I am a GNR addict too.

And I´m 33 and been a BJ fan since I was 7 so go figure...

Groghan that's the very reason Jovi are so lame , desperate for attention no matter how crap the material. Sounds like you have a real fetish for them dude,.

HA!

Come to think about it, you're SO right.

5 stars for you sir!

Nope. I just like all types of music and don't limit who/what I listen to because of what other people think is cool. I couldn't imagine being so shallow minded and such a simpleton that I only listened to one band or one genre of music.

Bon Jovi is deperate for attention?

Holy Crap. Really?

So in your world, it is better for a musician to put out one album every 20 years....rather than putting out music on a regular basis?

The Nutters on this forum are certifited insane.

So Axl is The King because he refuses to release new music for his fans to enjoy......and Bon Jovi is a prick because he continually puts out new music for his fans to enjoy..............ya, that makes perfect sense.

Put that in another context.

Your wife/gf tells you "Honey, i love making love to you. But I don't want to cheapen it or for it ever to be average. So from now on, instead of making love 4-5 times a week.....we will now just do it once a year. That way every time will be special and memorable."

I am flabbergasted that any fan of Axl Rose and Guns n Roses would actually be happier to get one GnR album every 20 years than to have multiple albums by the band. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Who cares why an artist puts out music? For money, for fame, to fill attention needs, etc. What in the hell does that have to do with the music that YOU as a fan receive?????

You personally might think BJ music sucks. But they have millions of fans that buy every album. They were up for (don't rememer if they won) grammys last year I believe. So hhhmmm. Albums sell millions, tours sell out, they get nominated for grammys......ya, THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me one album every 20 years instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you guys are perfectly happy and content with one album every 20 years.

You would be sitting here complaining about Axl's artistic integrity and loyalty to his fans if in the last 20 years Axl would have put out 4 albums, 1 live album and 1 greatest hits album that featured a couple new songs as well as a couple alternative versions of old songs, and a dvd produced by the band.

I haven't even purchased the last couple BJ albums, as they get poppier and more country. I can't even remember the last time I listened to a BJ song. I have These Days on my work computer - but that's it.

But only the biggest Nutters on this forum would say that Axl runs a band and treats his fans anywhere close to as good as Bon Jovi does. Is he an attention whore? Sure, but who cares. He is an attention whore who routinely gives his fans new music.

Because Jon Bon Jovi puts semen on his Cap'n Crunch and Axl doesn't.

The best thing Bon Jovi ever did was help Cinderella get a record deal. Cinderella rules!

+1 :rofl-lol:

Axl probably banged his girlfriend or something.

+1 :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Yeah.. It's possible.