Could anybody does explain when began enmity between Axl and Bon Jovi and real reason?

Lucky girl

Jon Bon Jovi is a dimwitted pretentious narcissistic poser nincompoop. Watch any interviews. Oh and check out his acting skills- further proof he's lost touch with reality (he sucks as an actor, even in Young Guns II).

Ok settle down that was just for the lulz.

But seriously- jon bon is a tool. Richie Sambora's cool though.

Sambora does inspired harmonies,he ain't looking too good these days though.

Meanwhile,lookie at what I finded :lol:

Richie is a sweetheart! He co-writes all the BJ music with Jon but gets very little credit for anything because Jon is to busy taking all the glory. Richie's solo work is very different than his pop music with BJ. He is doing great these days. While BJ is on break he is making his third solo album, raising his daughter virtually alone these days because Heather has gone off the deep end and running a designer clothing line business.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Bon Jovi is a dimwitted pretentious narcissistic poser nincompoop. Watch any interviews. Oh and check out his acting skills- further proof he's lost touch with reality (he sucks as an actor, even in Young Guns II).

Richie is a sweetheart! He co-writes all the BJ music with Jon but gets very little credit for anything because Jon is to busy taking all the glory. Richie's solo work is very different than his pop music with BJ. He is doing great these days. While BJ is on break he is making his third solo album, raising his daughter virtually alone these days because Heather has gone off the deep end and running a designer clothing line business.

I prefer Richie's solo stuff over Jon's.

Agreed,guy has been through hell,playing second fiddle to jbj has to get old.

I think Sambora is the most talented of the two.

I guess that is the difference between me and you guys. I listen to music I enjoy. Might be rock, jazz, blues, POP, classical - whatever.

You guys base what u listen to on how good of an actor the singer is or how much if a prima donna the guy is.

I suppose jbj would have more street credit if he beat up his wife, made her piss in a litter box, got arrested for fighting, came on stage hours late, cancelled shows and started riots......then he would be somebody to look up to.

Jbj writes the types of songs that HIS fans want to hear......they have sold more albums than GnR, their tours have a higher attendance than GnR does, and they win music awards.......don't like his type if music- fine. Don't listen to it. But to say he isn't talented or that they don't deserve success or that Axl has run his career better......absolutely ludicrous.

And again, before the Nutters have a heart attack and threaten to burn me at the stake.....GnR is my favorite band. Since 1987. I like them 100 times better than bj. But only a true Nutter would say that Axl treats his fans better than Jbj does.

Then please migrate your choppy ass over to a jbj forum.

I fucking hate people like this.

Not only on the internet, this shit spreads into the real lifelikea pandemic. And I wish I could be the HAZMAT to stop this infection.

Complete condescending cyber-idiot who wrongly assumes that he is so above the rest of us.

Jon Bon Jovi threw analleged hissy fit because he didn't make two of the Forbeswealth/power/megalomaniac lists he was eligible for this year: The "Power 100" celebrity list,and the self-explanatory "Musicians' Rich List." U2 was ranked first inthe latter (I always suspected Bonogot under Bon Jovi's skin) and even Britney Spears made the list. Asked for comment, Bon Jovi's publicist denied the temper tantrum,then added that he'll totally be onnext year's list, so don't write an item about this, OK?

I guess that is the difference between me and you guys. I listen to music I enjoy. Might be rock, jazz, blues, POP, classical - whatever.

You guys base what u listen to on how good of an actor the singer is or how much if a prima donna the guy is.

I suppose jbj would have more street credit if he beat up his wife, made her piss in a litter box, got arrested for fighting, came on stage hours late, cancelled shows and started riots......then he would be somebody to look up to.

Jbj writes the types of songs that HIS fans want to hear......they have sold more albums than GnR, their tours have a higher attendance than GnR does, and they win music awards.......don't like his type if music- fine. Don't listen to it. But to say he isn't talented or that they don't deserve success or that Axl has run his career better......absolutely ludicrous.

And again, before the Nutters have a heart attack and threaten to burn me at the stake.....GnR is my favorite band. Since 1987. I like them 100 times better than bj. But only a true Nutter would say that Axl treats his fans better than Jbj does.

#1. Not true. I'm the same way.

#2. Nah, not at all, that's irrelevent when it comes to the guys talent in music.

#3. I don't know about that, but he would probably be in all the magazines if did all that. That's what he wanted wasn't it?

#4. This is where you admit that JBJ is a sell out. JBJ shouldn't write songs that his fans wants him to hear. He should write songs that he wants to write then the fans should get to decide if they want to be fan of him or not. Awards in music, film etc. doesn't mean shit. I don't like his music and I don't listen to it. I'm not saying he's not talented, or that he doesn't deserve success. Axl has deffinetly not had a "better career". But he has at least stayed true to whatever he has ever believed in. That is to me much more important than him writing songs about booze and bitchez if he's not into that shit anymore.

#5. You're the one having a heart attack. Have you been threatend? Dude, you really like GNR 100 times better than blow jobs?

Music is art.

Art is about expression, about sending a message to the listener or viewer, a messagewith meaning that can be interpreted and reflected upon. This doesn't have to be a discrete message, I'm sure I get something different out of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds than you do.

Music remains art as long as the artist has creativecontrol over their work. They are free to direct their message as they wish, and if they are clear enough about what they mean, and have the skill to execute it, can pull off something of amazing quality.

However, with most pop music (and some music of many other styles), the aim is not to create meaning,but to sell records. Therefore, the musical process is inherently corrupted from the very beginning, and the resulting pieceof work becomes of minimal artisticvalue.

There is nothing wrong with writing and playing accessible songs, but if the aim of what you are doing is to make cash, you are in the business for all the wrong reasons. This is why Jon Bon Jovi sucks dick.

#1. Not true. I'm the same way.

#2. Nah, not at all, that's irrelevent when it comes to the guys talent in music.

#3. I don't know about that, but he would probably be in all the magazines if did all that. That's what he wanted wasn't it?

#4. This is where you admit that JBJ is a sell out. JBJ shouldn't write songs that his fans wants him to hear. He should write songs that he wants to write then the fans should get to decide if they want to be fan of him or not. Awards in music, film etc. doesn't mean shit. I don't like his music and I don't listen to it. I'm not saying he's not talented, or that he doesn't deserve success. Axl has deffinetly not had a "better career". But he has at least stayed true to whatever he has ever believed in. That is to me much more important than him writing songs about booze and bitchez if he's not into that shit anymore.

#5. You're the one having a heart attack. Have you been threatend? Dude, you really like GNR 100 times better than blow jobs?

Ha! Right on the money cheap jon :thumbsup:

I just listened to the copy I had of the Stern/Bon Jovi feud, it also had Sam Kinison involved (which was way more entertaining), so I'm sure GnR were in the loop, because all the standup comics were friends with hard rock guys at that time.

But the whole thing was Howard supported Bon Jovi in the club days, were frequent guests on the show, and when Slippery came out, Jon blew the show off, and Howard's fanbase completely fucked with Jon when he was out and about. "You think you're too good to go on Howard, Mr Big Shot" comments. And this was when Howard was still just in the NY area!

I think music can be anything you want it to be. Sometimes it's created to be enjoyed, sometimes it's meant to make you think. Both are valid. Sometimes songs are just designed to shake a girls' ass, same thing that a National Geo crew would go study in some remote tribe. Some shows are like going to a church - no coincidence why some churches are renovated arenas (see Joel Osteen's show sometime).

I'm sure Bon Jovi songs were written from what was going on in their lives at that time. Slippery was a "make it or break it" album, because the first two were pretty modest successes. They made it out of the bars because they were able to put on a good live show and had a strong following. I doubt they thought they'd be world famous, any more than GNR did. They hoped to be played on the radio, but I'm sure after "Runaway"... how many other hits were on the first one? Who remembers what was on "7800 Fahrenheit"? So they were prob. scared shitless with how "Slippery When Wet" would fare.

A lot of people like Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses, they have their burned mixes of both, a lot of cover bands play both, could care less what the singers said 5,10-20 years ago.

I just call Jon the beekeeper because he's getting out of paying the same taxes and putting the burden on his fellow taxpayers, but on the other hand, when he headlines a show, New Jersey's making bank off his ass and does enough fundraisers to help the local economy. I'm sure he shops locally when he's there, but he should be paying his fair share.

I just listened to the copy I had of the Stern/Bon Jovi feud, it also had Sam Kinison involved (which was way more entertaining), so I'm sure GnR were in the loop, because all the standup comics were friends with hard rock guys at that time.

But the whole thing was Howard supported Bon Jovi in the club days, were frequent guests on the show, and when Slippery came out, Jon blew the show off, and Howard's fanbase completely fucked with Jon when he was out and about. "You think you're too good to go on Howard, Mr Big Shot" comments. And this was when Howard was still just in the NY area!

I think music can be anything you want it to be. Sometimes it's created to be enjoyed, sometimes it's meant to make you think. Both are valid. Sometimes songs are just designed to shake a girls' ass, same thing that a National Geo crew would go study in some remote tribe. Some shows are like going to a church - no coincidence why some churches are renovated arenas (see Joel Osteen's show sometime).

I'm sure Bon Jovi songs were written from what was going on in their lives at that time. Slippery was a "make it or break it" album, because the first two were pretty modest successes. They made it out of the bars because they were able to put on a good live show and had a strong following. I doubt they thought they'd be world famous, any more than GNR did. They hoped to be played on the radio, but I'm sure after "Runaway"... how many other hits were on the first one? Who remembers what was on "7800 Fahrenheit"? So they were prob. scared shitless with how "Slippery When Wet" would fare.

A lot of people like Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses, they have their burned mixes of both, a lot of cover bands play both, could care less what the singers said 5,10-20 years ago.

I just call Jon the beekeeper because he's getting out of paying the same taxes and putting the burden on his fellow taxpayers, but on the other hand, when he headlines a show, New Jersey's making bank off his ass and does enough fundraisers to help the local economy. I'm sure he shops locally when he's there, but he should be paying his fair share.

I never liked JBJ so anything I say will undoubtably be biased,that said, I contribute to numerous causes/charities but I don't feel the need to proclaim myself a philanthropist.

That reeks of bourgeoisity and self-promotion.

Wonder if Jon Bon will ever be prez? Him or Ben Affleck.

Prez I doubt. He claims he does not have political asperations. But he spends a lot BJ's down time in Washington on one sub committee in congress after another, he has major fund raising functions for the Democratic Party, he boast that he has Obama's phone number and he keeps his Manison in NJ even though he lives in Soho NY now. Some say the reason he keeps the NJ residence is so he can run for office in NJ. He gives the impression of the perfect family man and husband. But if he does try to run for a political office all of the skelton's he has will come out of the closet. Which will piss all over the perfect husband part lol! He likes to claim that all of his womanizing was done in the 80's-early 90's but...........

I won't bother replying to your stupid arguments, but I strongly recommend you to move here http://www.topix.com/forum/who/bon-jovi

:shrugs:

Wonder if Jon Bon will ever be prez? Him or Ben Affleck.

Prez I doubt. He claims he does not have political asperations. But he spends a lot BJ's down time in Washington on one sub committee in congress after another, he has major fund raising functions for the Democratic Party, he boast that he has Obama's phone number and he keeps his Manison in NJ even though he lives in Soho NY now. Some say the reason he keeps the NJ residence is so he can run for office in NJ. He gives the impression of the perfect family man and husband. But if he does try to run for a political office all of the skelton's he has will come out of the closet. Which will piss all over the perfect husband part lol! He likes to claim that all of his womanizing was done in the 80's-early 90's but...........

I'm sure their marriage is "as long as you don't bring it home" (or they have an open marriage), but he has kids, a very outspoken wife, and prob. fucked married actresses who weren't going to write a tell-all.

If he gets into politics, it would be on a local level, he's not going to do anything that high profile. He makes better use of his time at fundraisers than he would being a public servant, but as a business owner and a CEO, he's no different than a lot of politicians like Christie. But then you have to report what you make, and a lot of people don't like their families being in the spotlight. It puts his whole family in the spotlight.

I don't think he's behaved any better or worse than most politicians. Everything he did would just be written off as part of rock and roll lifestyle. Being Italian, I'm sure they would try to say he had some second cousin in the Mafia, but all we know is that he was cousins with one of the Sweathogs and the nephew of a guy who produced big names, but he was a gofer, cut some demos, and Tony decided to try to make money off of the demos. That would be like the Hollywood Rose tape.

$1800 a seat for VIP treatment to see a Bon Jovi concert? I can understand when they do this for a fundraiser, but a typical show? Just factor in how much a scalper would charge for front row seats, a bag of swag, open bar, and that should be the cost.

I figure 500 dollars should be VIP with meet and greet, sign everything you brought with you, sound check, and a ride to and from the show.

But to fly yourself and pay that much on top of it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/arts/music/23VIP.html?_r=1

Besides, this doesn't stop scalping or offset the price of everyone else's tickets. If you're in nosebleeds, you should just pay the service fee, esp. if you have levels of VIP boxes below you. You're going to spend the money there anyway.

Bon Jovi's a dick...

""The New York Post is reporting that Jon Bon Jovi is disgusted rock rival Axl Rose receives more media attention than he does, because the elusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years." Jon can't seem to get over the fact that the press will always be more fascinated with the bad-boy legacy of GNR than they are with the comparatively bland BON JOVI, according to the Post. He fumes, "You know what pisses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million GUNS N' ROSES record that was never made. That motherfucker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?" ""

This is the only recent issue and it's one-sided and not personal.

I like aspects of Jovi over the years: certain great songs and performances. Fuck Prayer etc, i'll take Something To Believe In, Santa Fe, My Guitar, Richie's Stranger album.....

But the truth isn't quite as prosaic as Jon makes it seem. He's referring to Classic Rock mag in the UK who voted the Chinese demos in 2007 the album of the year and have given Axl/Guns multiple cover features depite a lack of new product. They could hear what anyone with a brain can hear: that any one of those songs is worth more than any one album Jovi have put out since These Days in 1995. The demo of There was A Time that leaked in 2006 made Have A Nice Day sound like tosh. Twat is a work of staggering majesty: Have A Nice Day is extremely weak. Bounce, Lost highway, Circle, Left Feels Right and even Crush....they're largley forgettable AOR pith that wont mean shit in the decades to come, as if they even do now.

Moreover, Jon's voice is seriously shot: he's not a hard rock singer anymore. He's recovered some of his range recently but compare e.g a decent recent performance of Always from Hyde Park to Wembley 1995. It's a world of difference. Wheras listen to Axl in Lille 2010 and tell me there's any show from the old days that's all that much better.

Despite the lack of product Axl has still been more relevant than Jon in the last decade to the press and rock fans in general because he's still the same guy at heart he always was for better and worse and he's proved that the art comes before all else. Watch Jovi in the documentary When We Were Beautifull where he brags about being the CEO of a major global brand and it's not hard to see why people would favour Axl.

On a personal point, everything umtempo Jovi have done since HAND in 2005 has sounded in terms of production like it's deperately made for radio. Last Cigarette sounds in every way like an Avril Lavigne song. It's just a big compressed bunch of noise designed to slot in next to Green Day and Gwen Stefani and Maroon 5. I'll take prostitute and Twat, thanks.

Bon Jovi's a dick...

""The New York Post is reporting that Jon Bon Jovi is disgusted rock rival Axl Rose receives more media attention than he does, because the elusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years." Jon can't seem to get over the fact that the press will always be more fascinated with the bad-boy legacy of GNR than they are with the comparatively bland BON JOVI, according to the Post. He fumes, "You know what pisses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million GUNS N' ROSES record that was never made. That motherfucker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?" ""

This is the only recent issue and it's one-sided and not personal.

I like aspects of Jovi over the years: certain great songs and performances. Fuck Prayer etc, i'll take Something To Believe In, Santa Fe, My Guitar, Richie's Stranger album.....

But the truth isn't quite as prosaic as Jon makes it seem. He's referring to Classic Rock mag in the UK who voted the Chinese demos in 2007 the album of the year and have given Axl/Guns multiple cover features depite a lack of new product. They could hear what anyone with a brain can hear: that any one of those songs is worth more than any one album Jovi have put out since These Days in 1995. The demo of There was A Time that leaked in 2006 made Have A Nice Day sound like tosh. Twat is a work of staggering majesty: Have A Nice Day is extremely weak. Bounce, Lost highway, Circle, Left Feels Right and even Crush....they're largley forgettable AOR pith that wont mean shit in the decades to come, as if they even do now.

Moreover, Jon's voice is seriously shot: he's not a hard rock singer anymore. He's recovered some of his range recently but compare e.g a decent recent performance of Always from Hyde Park to Wembley 1995. It's a world of difference. Wheras listen to Axl in Lille 2010 and tell me there's any show from the old days that's all that much better.

Despite the lack of product Axl has still been more relevant than Jon in the last decade to the press and rock fans in general because he's still the same guy at heart he always was for better and worse and he's proved that the art comes before all else. Watch Jovi in the documentary When We Were Beautifull where he brags about being the CEO of a major global brand and it's not hard to see why people would favour Axl.

On a personal point, everything umtempo Jovi have done since HAND in 2005 has sounded in terms of production like it's deperately made for radio. Last Cigarette sounds in every way like an Avril Lavigne song. It's just a big compressed bunch of noise designed to slot in next to Green Day and Gwen Stefani and Maroon 5. I'll take prostitute and Twat, thanks.

Wow great post.

I won't bother replying to your stupid arguments, but I strongly recommend you to move here http://www.topix.com/forum/who/bon-jovi

:shrugs:

Or maybe you just aren't intelligent enough to show me where I am wrong. So rather than showing how smart you actually are, you just insult. Typical of somebody who calls themselves a pirate.

Cheapjohn.....all that you say is valid. But at the end of the day, YOU are applying your personal values to somebody else. Maybe JBJ didn't get into the music business to fill his soul with the music he creates. Maybe HE likes pop-rock songs????? Maybe the songs he writes are personal to him?

You call writing music for fans a sell out. Fine, you can label it that. But what is he actually doing?

Their albums sell about 8 million copies each. So BJ is producing albums that 8 million people want to buy. Their tours sell out. They win music awards.

So he is a sell out with no musical integrity......because he gives his fans what they want.

What would you rather have Axl be? A sell out with no integrity (in your opinion) that routinely released music that WE ALL LOVE, each album sold 8-10 million copies, sold out tours (meaning fans love it), release videos, win Grammy awards, release live dvds......or just release one album every 20 years, and that album not be universaly liked be GnR fans.

If it was ONLY about the singer and not about the fans, then musicians wouldn't release albums at all. They would just jam in the garage and play a few local clubs for fun. Or they would release their songs for FREE.

To make it seem like artists that create music for their fans is a bad thing is silly. I hate to tell u this, but Axl and Slash both want to make money with their music. It isn't just about pleasing themselves. They also want to get paid.

Jordan.......great post.

But my point wasn't really which songs have more substance. Or whose last album sounded better (that is totally subjective, and this is a GnR forum so obviously we all choose GnR).

The point is the BJ has a fan base of 8-10 million people, and the band has given those fans 15 albums to enjoy.

While Axl is my favorite singer since 1987......I, as a fan, would be much happier if Axl treated us fans like BJ treated their fans. Which is simple - they release music.

Why fans would prefer one album every 20 years over an album ever 2-3 years is beyond me.

Simple question for all of you. Since 1996, would you rather have Chinese democracy and nothing else. Or, would you rather have Chinese democracy, CD 2, CD 3, a live album and DVD, and an album just released by the current band. So 56 new songs, plus the live album.

Option one or option two.

Answer without saying Axl can do what he wants, fans shouldn't demand things, etc. I am just curious as to which of the two options you would pick.

Edited by Groghan

What would you rather have Axl be? A sell out with no integrity (in your opinion) that routinely released music that WE ALL LOVE, each album sold 8-10 million copies, sold out tours (meaning fans love it), release videos, win Grammy awards, release live dvds......or just release one album every 20 years, and that album not be universaly liked be GnR fans.

Where's the guarantee that if Axl released several albums during these past 20 years that they will be universally loved by GN'R fans or all the tours be sell-outs etc? You construct these overly simplistic binaries that dont take any account of the the unique trajectory of GN'R.

I think the question of what fans demand is irrelevant to the question of what is artistic. Do fans want several albums where nothing seems to stand out and everything bleeds together? When artists release music, its not necessarily just an answer to what fans want- its about making money for themselves too as you admit here, Groghan. Its not a noble enterprise any more than GN'R's inability to release another album is a moral flaw.

What you cant seem to understand is that your idea of the ideal career is not necessarily one shared by all fans or all artists.

You are right rabia. This is a forum for people to share THEIR ideas. That's what I am doing. Sharing my opinion, just like you are doing.

We do differ as fans tho. I have no doubt that Axl could put out 15 quality songs every five years. You apparently don't. If john bon jovi can do it, I trust that Axl can as well.

Edited by Groghan

This is an interesting forum. I do admit that Jon is arrogant and a bit of a tool, but he has a point. Axl getting attention for not releasing an album while other artists have put out a career's worth of music and been overlooked, or just the simple fact that he remained more relevant then hard-working musicians is enough to piss anyone off. But if anything it's this same talk that Jon is talking about that killed any chances CD had of being judged more fairly. All the hype, the talk, the media attention coupled with such a long wait put huge expectations on the album and some people couldn't see the greatness of the album because of that, their bias, or a matter of personal taste. If anything the loser here was Axl and Jon the "winner", even if he didn't really get anything out of it.

Groghan that's the very reason Jovi are so lame , desperate for attention no matter how crap the material. Sounds like you have a real fetish for them dude,.

So being active in your profession is "desperate for attention"? Their material may suck, but come on...let's not get carried away. If GNR (Axl) was as active as Bon Jovi we'd all be loving life. I have to say, I agree with Groghan in this topic...I see it the same way...I don't love bon jovi...I only like a few of their older songs, never cared enough to listen to all their stuff, but I think it's comical how GNR fans (the hardcores here) are so robotized by the way Axl does things, because of our love and obsession with GNR/Axl, that we consider artists who are very active and popular to be sellouts and desperate for attention, whores for the limelight, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by DrBrownstone