New DJ and Richard Interviews

Tyler Drama

Fortus really is the coolest, most fitting guitarist axl has right now, he should be nr.1

Ashba is a complete joke. ashtray les paul. never seen a bigger poser, he should be in poison or something, damn shame for gnr.

Yawn. All these new posters...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is the truth. btw, I bought appetite in 87 and have been reading the forums forever.

dj is a salesman and a poser, it's just how it is.

everybody using a gibson les paul as an ashtray is a complete fucking idiot, period.

The truth is the truth. btw, I bought appetite in 87 and have been reading the forums forever.

dj is a salesman and a poser, it's just how it is.

everybody using a gibson les paul as an ashtray is a complete fucking idiot, period.

I think that guitar looks fucking badass. I love the older, worn-out look to it.

The baritone guitar is for Oh My God I think :)

i seem to remember him saying that somewhere

Yeah, he said that in a interview back in 2004 or so. But he also uses it on Scraped and Shacklers, I guess.

One thing I noticed by listening to recent bootlegs is how is he using the Flanger stomp all the time now (including the awesome jam before Madagascar). Now I know why, lol. :lol:

Just finished the Richard video. I envy this man. What a rig! The guy knows what he's talking about. You can tell he puts a lot of care, time, and effort into testing all his guitars and finding the right combinations.

Onto DJ's video...

Fortus really is the coolest, most fitting guitarist axl has right now, he should be nr.1

Ashba is a complete joke. ashtray les paul. never seen a bigger poser, he should be in poison or something, damn shame for gnr.

Im not new but think the same thing. Been on the forums long enuff to watch rio live. And I think he's a homo too. So much for that argument.

Honestly, you guys not only accept mediocrity, but you praise it. That's the biggest example of being a brainwashed fan boy. I don't know how you guys can really b excited or satisfied with a weeny like Ashba in your favorite band.

Gnrs lead guitarist is in Nikki sixx's side project. That's a bit redic.

Edited by drtydane

Im not new but think the same thing. Been on the forums long enuff to watch rio live. And I think he's a homo too. So much for that argument.

Honestly, you guys not only accept mediocrity, but you praise it. That's the biggest example of being a brainwashed fan boy. I don't know how you guys can really b excited or satisfied with a weeny like Ashba in your favorite band.

Gnrs lead guitarist is in Nikki sixx's side project. That's a but redic.

You're a joke.

So anyone with a differing opinion is a "brainwashed fanboy"?? I doesn't matter if you personally don't get how other people can like someone you don't, it is still all subjective, and IMO its just wrong to say that one view is the right one

Gnrs lead guitarist is in Nikki sixx's side project. That's a but redic.

You're a joke.

Good one.

I doesn't matter if you personally don't get how other people can like someone you don't, it is still all subjective, and IMO its just wrong to say that one view is the right one

You're right. Its justa that since bucket i've always just expected great guitarists. Have a hard time accepting nething but. Rons amazing. I just really don't like djs '"style." Coupled with being arrogant and cheesy, he just annoys me. And the most important thing: he's not that great.

Besides I always thought two leads was pointless. Ive always thought there was no point for the second lead. Fortus/bucket or fortus/Ron would b more than capable. And prob make for a better show. Its weak watching Ron walking around, not playing cuz its djs part of the solo.

I respect your opinion, and so I hope you can feel wat im saying.

You're right. Its justa that since bucket i've always just expected great guitarists. Have a hard time accepting nething but. Rons amazing. I just really don't like djs '"style." Coupled with being arrogant and cheesy, he just annoys me. And the most important thing: he's not that great.

Besides I always thought two leads was pointless. Ive always thought there was no point for the second lead. Fortus/bucket or fortus/Ron would b more than capable. And prob make for a better show. Its weak watching Ron walking around, not playing cuz its djs part of the solo.

I respect your opinion, and so I hope you can feel wat im saying.

I definitely respect where you are coming from, I can see that DJ isn't for everyone, especially when he follows Robin, who for better or worse was unique in his own way

And yeah I would love to see Fortus do more solos, he is my favorite current guitarist

I can respect everyone's opinion on this, BUT, a great guitar player isn't just someone who can go really fast and hit all the notes (i.e. Buckethead, Bumblefoot). Yes, they are awesome, but it also takes passion, style, and musically they need to fit in with either the band or the era in which they are playing in.

Personally, I think DJ does fit in to the GnR feel, at least more than Buckethead ever did. I'm not saying that I don't like Bucket's music, but as a fan of GnR since 1988, him and Robin were definitely a departure from what I considered bluesy, dirty rock music. At least DJ is more bluesy.

Yes but...problem is : Bucket and Robin were the perfect players for the direction Axl wanted to go in with Chinese.

If Axl wants to go back to the AFD roots then that's cool too but in that case, sorry, but how is hiring someone who is trying super hard to play exactly like Slash a good idea ?

He will ALWAYS perceived as a downgrade wheras Robin and Bucket had their own unique thing going on.

Yes but...problem is : Bucket and Robin were the perfect players for the direction Axl wanted to go in with Chinese.

If Axl wants to go back to the AFD roots then that's cool too but in that case, sorry, but how is hiring someone who is trying super hard to play exactly like Slash a good idea ?

He will ALWAYS perceived as a downgrade wheras Robin and Bucket had their own unique thing going on.

Good point about where Axl wanted to go. Back in the late 90's there was alot of rumor about Axl wanting to go the 'electronica' route. So Bucket and Robin were more (techno) <--not really, but not sure how to describe it... and DJ has said it himself how he grew up listening to GnR so there's no surprise why he emulates Slash in alot of things... that being said, I think Axl is now seeming to want to keep GnR to a certain style, I believe he even mentioned it here on one of his chats where he says that he wants to keep a certain feel for what GnR is, and if he did solo stuff, it would be totally different.

Just ignore dane.

His attitude screams ATTENTION more than DJ does.

Ate you being serious right now?! My attitude screams attention? I can't state my opinion without "screaming attention?" I guess I don't get your "insult"

:rolleyes: