Hall of Fame- What bands you want to play tribute to GNR?

rocker rockstar

I was thinking it would be cool to think about what bands could play tribute to GNR at the Rock In Roll Hall of Fame. I think Metallica could be a cool band to do a cover of GNR in a Metallica style.

Other bands that could be cool

Corrosion of Conformity

Rob Zombie

Megadeth

AC DC

All right I let you guys speculate what bands would be good at covering GNR for a tribute.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Zombie is actually a pretty big Guns fan. I remember in an interview awhile back he was lamenting the sorry state the music industry was in and what happened to bands like Guns N' Roses.

Here's some others that may or may not work:

Ax7 (thought, not a huge fan of them, I realize that Guns had a big influence on them).

Wolfmother

The Black Keys

Trent Reznor on vocals for one song

Elton John?

Weezer

The Cult

Aerosmith

Mick Jagger

Just ones off the top of my head without putting too much thought into it.

Rob Zombie is actually a pretty big Guns fan. I remember in an interview awhile back he was lamenting the sorry state the music industry was in and what happened to bands like Guns N' Roses.

Here's some others that may or may not work:

Ax7 (thought, not a huge fan of them, I realize that Guns had a big influence on them).

Wolfmother

The Black Keys

Trent Reznor on vocals for one song

Elton John?

Weezer

The Cult

Aerosmith

Mick Jagger

Just ones off the top of my head without putting too much thought into it.

That would be awesome if Elton John played. Axl would love that.

Aerosmith would be cool to see too.

I am more for having the bands that influenced GN'R than bands that GN'R influenced like (not that it would happen) Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Aerosmith, NIN (with Robin hehe), Black Sabbath or Queen. Or even the bands that Guns have a history with like Metallica, Soundgarden, Skid Row/Sebastian Bach.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing bands like Wolfmother and Airbourne pay tribute to GN'R.

Guest gunns5

I am more for having the bands that influenced GN'R than bands that GN'R influenced like (not that it would happen) Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Aerosmith, NIN (with Robin hehe), Black Sabbath or Queen. Or even the bands that Guns have a history with like Metallica, Soundgarden, Skid Row/Sebastian Bach.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing bands like Wolfmother and Airbourne pay tribute to GN'R.

It would be good to see Brian May say a few words about GnR/Axl.

It would be good to see Brian May say a few words about GnR/Axl.

I'd like to see Brian May play Catcher with GN'R

Guest gunns5

It wouldn't be untoward if one of the fellow musicans that pay tribute to GnR hold up a KFC bucket with t.w.a.t playing in the background.

imagine simba as the kfc bucket

tlk_act1_15.jpg