According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

If this statement is true then I interpret it as Guns n Roses (meaning nu-Guns) aren't performing. Doesn't mean Slash and co won't perform together with Axl.

This. It says Guns N' Roses and Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven aren't technically Guns N' Roses anymore. I don't see how anybody could know before the actual inductees do.

Someone should ask Slash or Duff.

I think you guys are over thinking it. Everyone pretty much already knew that the new line up will not be playing. Dontcha think Del would have specifically said that the NEW line up will not be performing?

True but we should wait and see what The members themselves say before we take Del's word in stone. I mean just wait until Slash says "We sadly not be performing, but we will attend and accept the award with honor"

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t feel insulted that Axl won`t play with the old band. It shows alot that he will even be there. He doesn`t owe me a damn thing. We really don`t know what really happened between him and Slash, but we should (most won`t) try to respect that. It is like asking a divorce couple who has moved on already, to go out one more time. For the sake of the kids. Get over it! I have respect for all versions of Guns and have accepted that a reunion will never happen! I hope after the HOF the people that are holding on finally let go.

If this statement is true then I interpret it as Guns n Roses (meaning nu-Guns) aren't performing. Doesn't mean Slash and co won't perform together with Axl.

This. It says Guns N' Roses and Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven aren't technically Guns N' Roses anymore. I don't see how anybody could know before the actual inductees do.

I think you guys are over thinking it. Everyone pretty much already knew that the new line up will not be playing. Dontcha think Del would have specifically said that the NEW line up will not be performing?

Maybe I am. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I do think that this should be taken with a grain of salt until Slash or Duff (or Axl) says something about it. For any other normal band, I'd jump to the conclusion that everyone else has, but this has never been a simple, ordinary band (unfortunately).

I'd just be happy to see them in the same room speaking civilly, personally, but a performance would be bitchin', and I understand the disappointment. I don't think anybody should be patronized for being a tad too optimistic and consequentially getting disappointed. :shrugs:

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

True but we should wait and see what The members themselves say before we take Del's word in stone. I mean just wait until Slash says "We sadly not be performing, but we will attend and accept the award with honor"

Yes, I agree. Hopefully the outcome will be positive no matter what.

Itw-2012 Brang up a good point

" Axl won't play new music with the new band, and he won't play old music with the old "

Axl is playing new music...or does Chinese Democracy not count in your books as well? The current band is trying to promote the album and id say with their awesome shows that it is a success. Clearly Axl just wants to get CD out there and is trying to promote himself by putting on awesome shows with the new material in it. I also think new music will come when it is financially right to do so by the band. All this touring isn't just so Axl can wipe his ass with money rolls. He loves to play music, that will never change. We will get new music pretty soon me thinks, just as soon as The time is right.

To answer your question, no I dont think Chinese Democracy music does count as new. In that the material is at best between 4-15 years old

Yes that may be true. But it hardly put into perspective the reality of the situation. The reality is Chinese Democracy was released in late 2008. Up until that point, only a handful of people had heard that material. And that's including the songs played during the erratic touring up until that point. Now after CD is released they start out by playing almost the entire cd in japan! Trust me CD is what is being promoted right now by the band, as it is still gaining popularity amongst fans. That is the reality of it.

No that is plainly not the reality of it. This is nonsense. CD has peaked Axl and GNR could tour it for the next 20 years and it wont become more popular.

Let me tell you that I love CD but im not a fool.

Agreed 100%. CD has peaked and there Is not a thing the band can do at this point to resurrect It.

Maybe I am. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I do think that this should be taken with a grain of salt until Slash or Duff (or Axl) says something about it. For any other normal band, I'd jump to the conclusion that everyone else has, but this has never been a simple, ordinary band (unfortunately).

I'd just be happy to see them in the same room speaking civilly, personally, but a performance would be bitchin', and I understand the disappointment. I don't think anybody should be patronized for being a tad too optimistic and consequentially getting disappointed. :shrugs:

Trust me, I want them to perform as much as you, but I hate being let down and I hate getting my hopes up for it only to not happen.

But yes, if Slash and Axl are able to be civilized and actually enjoy each others company, then I will be satisfied. :)

" Axl won't play new music with the new band, and he won't play old music with the old "

Axl is playing new music...or does Chinese Democracy not count in your books as well? The current band is trying to promote the album and id say with their awesome shows that it is a success. Clearly Axl just wants to get CD out there and is trying to promote himself by putting on awesome shows with the new material in it. I also think new music will come when it is financially right to do so by the band. All this touring isn't just so Axl can wipe his ass with money rolls. He loves to play music, that will never change. We will get new music pretty soon me thinks, just as soon as The time is right.

To answer your question, no I dont think Chinese Democracy music does count as new. In that the material is at best between 4-15 years old

Yes that may be true. But it hardly put into perspective the reality of the situation. The reality is Chinese Democracy was released in late 2008. Up until that point, only a handful of people had heard that material. And that's including the songs played during the erratic touring up until that point. Now after CD is released they start out by playing almost the entire cd in japan! Trust me CD is what is being promoted right now by the band, as it is still gaining popularity amongst fans. That is the reality of it.

No that is plainly not the reality of it. This is nonsense. CD has peaked Axl and GNR could tour it for the next 20 years and it wont become more popular.

Agreed 100%. CD has peaked and there Is not a thing the band can do at this point to resurrect It.

I was not making reference to sales whatsoever..

Trust me, I want them to perform as much as you, but I hate being let down and I hate getting my hopes up for it only to not happen.

But yes, if Slash and Axl are able to be civilized and actually enjoy each others company, then I will be satisfied. :)

Just to clarify, that last bit I wrote was about people lie you who are disappointed getting chastised by people for being upset about Guns N' Roses not performing.

Didn't say you were.

Didn't say you were.

Well then what are you referring to? Because in my next post i explained i meant fan appreciation when i said popularity. And that has definitely been rising....

Trying to promote the album when it isn't even available in retail stores across the US?

Didn't say you were.

Well then what are you referring to? Because in my next post i explained i meant fan appreciation when i said popularity. And that has definitely been rising....

Not with this fan. I havent listened to CD for about 2 years.

Trying to promote the album when it isn't even available in retail stores across the US?

Well that is a shame. But that is the reality of it. Of course I live in Canada and it is available...I could be going out on a limb here but isn't the US the place where all these horrible singles are coming from. Where trashy commercial artists outsell real ones! The US is a horrible standard for music atm.

Very disappointing to hear, but I still have hope that as it gets closer or maybe even the day of knowing how Axl operates they will decide to play. It makes sense that there is not collaboration, due to the nature of their relationship, of putting together an agenda of songs, to give the fans what they want. Perhaps nothing is being announced on purpose and when they get up there, theyll say lets rock jungle SCOM and paradise then head their separate ways.........

Edited by Astranged

So there's going to be about 10 mins of Thank You's and then nothing. Barely even Youtube worthy. Thanks Alot Axl, you Douche.

FANFUCKINTASTIC. :thumbsdown:

>implying we actually know jack shit about the reasons behind anything here.

So there's going to be about 10 mins of Thank You's and then nothing. Barely even Youtube worthy. Thanks Alot Axl, you Douche.

You don't know that it was Axl's fault. We don't know anything.

You don't know that it was Axl's fault. We don't know anything.

Whatever happens, Axl will still get the blame.

Slash could come out tomorrow and say it was his idea to not want to perform with Axl because it would refuel reunion rumors and he's happy where he is right now with his solo band.

People would still find some way to blame Axl.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

You know, I kinda agree. It's pointless to even bother at this point.

35027.jpg

You know, I kinda agree. It's pointless to even bother at this point.

35027.jpg

Typical response of a 9 year old. If someone has a different point of view, they're a "hater".

It sucks that it goes down the route of "we're just here to pick up the award and see ya later" for GNR. It's too bad that differences can't be put aside for one night to perform for those who got you there.