According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

The old band will not perform.

Never ever ! They might be together on stage accepting the award or whatever is handed out to Hall of Famers but performing ? NO.

And it is pretty simple why they won't perform : Like mentioned earlier in this thread GNR changed it's face and in 2012 there is no Slash nor Duff etc in GNR.

Axl will not perform with anybody except with the current members because they are GNR ! It would be disrespectful to them.

I peronally don't care about the Hall of Fame and i don't care about Slash and Axl reuniting for one evening or not.

The truth is that it won't happen

Edited by Meanmachine22

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and whats Paul Shaffer's involvement ‏ :lol:

Paul Shaffer is the musical director of the RRHOF ceremonies,pretty much since their inception.

He knows,or will know,exactly what is going to go down on that stage....(musically).

For example...if something goes down along the lines of Slash jamming Sweet Child with Paul's house band and a guest vocalist...it WILL be rehearsed,if even only the night before....or that afternoon perhaps.

Keep in mind this is a fairly scripted show.

If any sort of jam goes down with GnR music that night,I expect it to be a similar scenario as I suggested here.

Slash loves to jam,I can't see him passing this opportunity up...but we'll see.

I will admit I am young and didn't grow up in the era of Slash in GNR. But I don't see any reason why Axl shouldn't perform with the current GNR. That is what Blondie did. I don't think the HOF is a big of a deal as people might think. Axl is sounding great lately so why not showcase the new band if this ever winds up on HBO. Even so, Axl rarely takes the stage until he is good and ready, so maybe he won't perform at all. But if he does, I want the current Guns N' Roses to peform because I am more concerned with them making their own legacy then trying to resurrect something that went on before most of us were even born.

It has not been confirmed that old GNR are not playing

I take it that you're foolish enough to believe that they will.

Make sure to come back and whine when they don't so I can laugh at your tears.

how mature of you :rolleyes:

Did I claim to be mature? Link it.

I will forever be immature if laughing at someone whining is the qualifier.

I don't think they'll play, but who knows? GN'R and Axl have been both spontaneous and erratic, so it'll be entertaining either way.

That is the best answer of the thread. Close it. Nobody is gonna top that.

Remove the confirmed part of the thread. He deleted it, which means he either wasn't supposed to say it or it's untrue.

Like Axl stated last year, it's possible he might just perform again with Slash and Duff here and not Steven or Izzy. I'm not to concerned personally I'd rather see them at some random one off show.

Wasn't that a hypothetical reunion tour situation and Axl was just arguing why it would not be a true "reunion"...? I don't think is bears on how RnRHOF will go down.

I predict many up and downs and "rumours" to emerge during the remaining few weeks leading up to the event...

Yes but what I meant was that if anything were to happen I'd believe that would be it.

I hate when people say that Axl said that he'd reunite with Slash and Duff - it was clearly him saying they'd be the only people that would make it a proper reunion!

Not saying everyone in this quote said that, just in general! :thumbsup:

Like Axl stated last year, it's possible he might just perform again with Slash and Duff here and not Steven or Izzy. I'm not to concerned personally I'd rather see them at some random one off show.

Wasn't that a hypothetical reunion tour situation and Axl was just arguing why it would not be a true "reunion"...? I don't think is bears on how RnRHOF will go down.

I predict many up and downs and "rumours" to emerge during the remaining few weeks leading up to the event...

Yes but what I meant was that if anything were to happen I'd believe that would be it.

Okay, sorry. It's just the way you said "Like Axl stated last year, it's possible he might just perform again with Slash and Duff here and not Steven or Izzy." kinda unsettled me... :P

It just looked like you were saying that Axl said he would possibly perform with Slash and Duff but actually he was just hypothesizing... I just interpreted it wrong.

The fact that there has been denial on Paul Schaffer's part means that someone did not agree with the no "performance statement". If there is not a performance some of you might want to wait and see the entire picture the night of the inductions. To assume that Axl is the problem or that he and Slash could not get it together is premature. Once the whole picture is revealed the night of the induction the musical questions will be answered.

I'm confused? All this was due to a hack, and nobody knows for sure what's gonna happen yet, right?

Not that I know of. It seems Paul Shaffer spoke out his ass and for people that he shouldn't be speaking for. Slash said that before when it was announced in the middle of December that they'd all be there. He specifically said "don't speak for me."

I imagine that they're all going in with an open mind. They're probably not really expecting to play, but will feel the situation out. You bet your ass the Hall will bend over backwards to make accommodations for the band if, by some chance, they decide at the VERY last minute, "hey, we'll play a few." They'll always be prepared. It's logic.

I'm confused? All this was due to a hack, and nobody knows for sure what's gonna happen yet, right?

I know that you're a dumbass that is setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking that there is a chance that they will play.

Does that help?

That is not what he asked.

I imagine that they're all going in with an open mind. They're probably not really expecting to play, but will feel the situation out. You bet your ass the Hall will bend over backwards to make accommodations for the band if, by some chance, they decide at the VERY last minute, "hey, we'll play a few." They'll always be prepared. It's logic.

....T.H.I.S.