According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

I'm calling it right now. Steven Tyler will show up and sing some songs with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe just slash. Since they're both sellouts.

At least they release albums more than once every 20 years.

Prostituting themselves for fortune and shame in the meantime.

Again, how? Elaborate.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect that 100%. In my eyes if Axl would perform with the old members it would be a huge slap in the face to the guys who have been in GNR since the late 90's early 2000's.

How is it a slap in the face when those old members are the reason the late 90s-current members are where they are right now? In a well known band, getting paid a handsome sum? Do not forget, all those guys after the original line up were paid musicians on a salary, on paper, it's just a gig to them. They could certainly hold deeper sentiments, but on black and white, if the check stops, so do they. The original GnR are the reason why these Guns N' Roses were inducted to the RNRHOF.

I concur

I'm calling it right now. Steven Tyler will show up and sing some songs with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe just slash. Since they're both sellouts.

At least they release albums more than once every 20 years.

Prostituting themselves for fortune and shame in the meantime.

Only the music lives forever in the game.

People who think Slash is somehow a sellout just have their heads so far up Axl's ass. And mind you, I don't even know the extent of which Axl dislikes Slash today. No one does. Some of his fans are burning that torch for him. It makes zero sense.

Slash has stayed true to himself. He releases music. He's collaborated with various artists. He's touring the world. He's doing his thing.

I love Axl too, but if anyone's a "sellout," it's the guy living off "Guns N' Roses" and having a setlist comprised of songs from over two decades ago (with the newest songs being a decade or so old).

Sorry to divert the topic. I just can't let this ignorant shit slide. Why do we always have to insult members of this band that MADE this band?

To play with the lineup that got them into the hall ... that's not a slap in the face to anybody.

Axl can choose not to play if he wants. That's fine. But I agree with others that say it's kind of a "fuck you" to all the fans out there who support him and Guns.

It's his choice though. rnfnr

Edit: I don't even care if they all perform together (though I'd love it). I think it's enough for the five of them to walk up to the stage together, accept the award, and leave. That's it. People make way too big a deal about it. Like the world is somehow gonna end if the Axl and Slash are in the same building.

Edited by GnR Chris

I don't believe this---I don't believe there is any credible source for this quote. Also, didn't Axl say he didn't want to be the bad guy, like Michael Moore or Van Halen, and ruin the experience for the fans in a recent interview?? I think they are gonna play, and they have probably discussed it and are figuring out what they are gonna do. DJ Ashba said in his most recent interview that he hopes they play, and Richard and Tommy both are on record saying the same thing I believe. Duff, Axl, and Izzy for sure have chatted, and my bet is Duff and Izzy are acting as intermediaries in between Axl and Slash, and by showtime, it will get worked out and they will play a few songs, and have a blast doing it.

Without any credible source, and knowing what I do about Del, I don't believe he would say this to anyone. Not buying this quote one bit.

The source, Future Rock Legends, are Rock Hall insiders. They confirmed that GN'R would be inducted and who will be at the ceremony before it was official.

They're not insiders, otherwise they wouldn't be Tweeting Paul Shaffer questions.

If it doesn't come directly from the GnR camp, it's 100 percent speculation. Even if they did decide to play, you really think they're going to discuss it now?

We'll see what happens the day of the induction. People need to live with that. All they can say right now is whether or not they're attending it. It just sucks when it becomes a news item, because that's the very thing that makes it into a bigger deal than it should actually be. It's a banquet dinner, not the fucking G-8 summit.

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

I tottaly agree people here that say its a slap to theface of nugnr are fucking high. Without these oringinal members these guys would not have a job. Imean this with no dissrespect to thenew members as I think they kick ass and gnr now is agreat band. The fact of thematter is the oringinal guys have to play some tunes I mean its rock n fuckin roll do it for the fansman.

It undermines what the new band is trying to do.

They have been trying so hard to shed the 'old gnr' image and have actually done a great job of it! People know Slash is not in the band anymore. To play onstage with Slash infront of the world will undo all those years of trying to create their new image. It would make people want a reunion tour and the new band will get shit on everywhere they go because people will want to see the original band together like they saw on tv....

As a fan, ya I would love to see them perform together but I totally get why it won't happen. Its not good for business....

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

I tottaly agree people here that say its a slap to theface of nugnr are fucking high. Without these oringinal members these guys would not have a job. Imean this with no dissrespect to thenew members as I think they kick ass and gnr now is agreat band. The fact of thematter is the oringinal guys have to play some tunes I mean its rock n fuckin roll do it for the fansman.

They have been trying so hard to shed the 'old gnr' image and have actually done a great job of it! People know Slash is not in the band anymore. To play onstage with Slash infront of the world will undo all those years of trying to create their new image. It would make people want a reunion tour and the new band will get shit on everywhere they go because people will want to see the original band together like they saw on tv....

As a fan, ya I would love to see them perform together but I totally get why it won't happen. Its not good for business....

What exactly has the new band been doing? Playing live? Doing a few interviews? Playing songs they didn't write? Sitting on 30 unreleased songs? One would think that playing with fucken Rihanna, N-Sync, some church group and playing at local bars would undermine what they are doing much more than if the original band got up and played songs that they wrote and made the band a world wide name.

Edited by Young_Gun

People who think Slash is somehow a sellout just have their heads so far up Axl's ass. And mind you, I don't even know the extent of which Axl dislikes Slash today. No one does. Some of his fans are burning that torch for him. It makes zero sense.

Slash has stayed true to himself. He releases music. He's collaborated with various artists. He's touring the world. He's doing his thing.

I love Axl too, but if anyone's a "sellout," it's the guy living off "Guns N' Roses" and having a setlist comprised of songs from over two decades ago (with the newest songs being a decade or so old).

Sorry to divert the topic. I just can't let this ignorant shit slide. Why do we always have to insult members of this band that MADE this band?

To play with the lineup that got them into the hall ... that's not a slap in the face to anybody.

Axl can choose not to play if he wants. That's fine. But I agree with others that say it's kind of a "fuck you" to all the fans out there who support him and Guns.

It's his choice though. rnfnr

Edit: I don't even care if they all perform together (though I'd love it). I think it's enough for the five of them to walk up to the stage together, accept the award, and leave. That's it. People make way too big a deal about it. Like the world is somehow gonna end if the Axl and Slash are in the same building.

The feud between Axl and Slash was all about other people stirring the pot more than it was about Axl and Slash themselves. All I know is that Axl saw some interview Slash did and something was said that seriously pissed him off.

I don't think there's anything more to be said about the feud, all you can do is compile a timeline and quote them.

I don't see Slash as any different than any other name guitarist.

What exactly has the new band been doing? Playing live? Doing a few interviews? Playing songs they didn't write? Sitting on 30 unreleased songs? One would think that playing with fucken Rihanna, N-Sync, some church group and playing at local bars would undermine what they are doing much more than if the original band got up and played songs that they wrote and made the band a world wide name.

Yeah. All the current band is doing is playing the songs made famous by the classic lineup. Trying hard to shed the old image would be taking some band photos, releasing some new music, promoting. You know ... stuff normal bands do. lol

If they perform together, it would just come across as a "maybe in the future". It would take too much work just to try to get anything above and beyond a one-off.

They have been trying so hard to shed the 'old gnr' image and have actually done a great job of it!

Yeah, I see what you mean.

main.jpg

slash-guitar-225.jpg

I don't see what you mean, one has straight hair the other curly.

The guitar, the hat, the shirt. You're welcome.

Slash, Duff and Steven will definitely play. I had my doubts about axl. It'd really be very bad for current GnR if he did that.

How exactly would It be bad If he gave the crowd(the fans) a ten minute performance to say thanks for supporting us for the last 25 years. I'm not trying to start a war, I am just curious as to what makes you think It would be bad for current GNR. Hell by the sounds of It they are In favor of It.

It would be great for the fans, no doubts about that. But it would generate a huge nostalgia among fans, it's like using a Bentley for a day and going back to your Prius after that. The Prius won't look as good as it did before the Bentley ride.

Good analogy but I still enjoy the new band more than I think I would enjoy the old band. There's so much energy and potential to make new music that sounds interesting. I am definitely in favor of the classic line up playing together and really want it to happen, but I think the current line-up has so much to offer if they would just get off the road. I'm sure they sound better live than the classic line-up would too.

If they perform together, it would just come across as a "maybe in the future". It would take too much work just to try to get anything above and beyond a one-off.

That's my opinion too. I think it would take a certain level of commitment from BOTH Axl and Slash if they were to do a full-blown reunion tour. Axl will have to change the way he does thing, such as coming out late. Either that or Slash has to come out late with the rest of the band and I don't think Slash wants to go through what happened in the early 90's with the late starts, he has already said alot of criticism about late starts. I don't think Axl will want to folows Slash orders just as much as Slash will wont want to follow Axl's orders. In my opinion, they will both need to have some sort of agreement or a full-blown reunion tour won't work.

There's also Steven who could relapse any minute, and Izzy who isn't reliable anymore. It all goes back to what Axl said in his LA Times interview last year.

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time.

If Axl wont sing, then what was the "I don't want to spoil this moment for all he fans, its important to them." comment.

Why would he say something like that if he knew he wasn't going to sing?

It's always going to come across as a "maybe in the future. The original band was so good that the current band will forever(fair or unfair) live In the shadows of the original band. I know It Is a very hard fact to accept for anyone who became a fan and discovered the band with the release of Chinese Democracy but It Is what It Is.

It's always going to come across as a "maybe in the future. The original band was so good that the current band will forever(fair or unfair) live In the shadows of the original band. I know It Is a very hard fact to accept for anyone who became a fan and discovered the band with the release of Chinese Democracy but It Is what It Is.

That's why I seriously wish GN'R would release a new album. To move on and establish themselves as their own entity. There's too much talent in today's band to just throw it away.

Edited by GNR123GNR456